What did you do?

OG Runner

Japan Day 4 mile race - 30:27

I was looking for a PR and I got one. I let my husband pace me and he had control of the garmin little did I know that it wasn't working at all so he had no idea where we were pace wise. Might have pushed it a bit harder if I knew I was so close to 30 minutes, oh well for the next race...

Okay, rule #1, never be, in any way, shape or form, note disappointment with a PR. Congratulations! Well done!!!

LindsayLoves

Saturday - 5k as Crossfit workout since the coaches were at Regionals.

Peachtree training started last week. Schedule called for 2/2.5 miles on the weekday runs. It feels weird stepping back to "only" 2 and 2.5 miles. Should I stick to the schedule or would itbe okay to do 3 or 4 miles for the weekday runs?

My two cents: Stick to the schedule. If you picked a plan that you feel will get you to your goal and you can fit into your schedule stick with it. If you feel the plan doesn't have enough running/mileage for you to meet your goal pick a new one. I have been guilty to upping mileage on short run days since I felt like 3 mile runs were a waste of time or I would just end skipping them altogether. Guess where that got me? Injured.

In the end you know your body and what it can handle, just don't get hurt.

Okay, rule #1, never be, in any way, shape or form, note disappointment with a PR. Congratulations! Well done!!!

Thank you, I am happy about it.

JillC LI

@AUPr8Hd, I am somewhat torn. On the one hand, I don't think that increasing a 2 mile run to a 3 mile one will matter much. On the other hand, I think Lindsay makes sense when she suggests that if a plan includes runs that seem too short to be useful to you, then perhaps you are ready for a tougher plan.

bethram

4.1 miles of humidity and hills at 9:12 pace. We got two new puppies over the weekend and having to get up 20 minutes earlier is already killing me and it's only the second morning.

LindsayLoves

4.1 miles of humidity and hills at 9:12 pace. We got two new puppies over the weekend and having to get up 20 minutes earlier is already killing me and it's only the second morning.

Puppies! More info please... so I can live vicariously through you (not for the early morning wake up part)

LindsayLoves

Last tempo Tuesday before my half on Saturday.
11 min @8:40, 13 min @7:45, 12 min @8:25. 4.37 miles total.

Feeling the regular weird things in my body that I only feel the week before the race.

bethram

image.jpg

Elsa (on the right) and Olaf (left) were impulse buys over the weekend. They are nine week old mini bulldogs. He has one blue eye and is two pounds heavier than her. She is a squeaky whine bag with lots of personality. We went into the petstore to kill some time before taking DD to a birthday party and after a tough decision between the two we put a deposit on him before we left. When we went back to pick him up she was still there and we asked if they'd cut a deal if we took both and they did. I haven't had a puppy in almost fourteen years and he wasn't this small and there weren't two of him, needless to say its a lot of work!

image.jpg

LindsayLoves

@bethram - oh my goodness! Thanks for sharing. I am a bulldog fan and need to stay away from pet stores to prevent similar impulse purchases. A lot of work indeed but smiles on your kids faces say it all. Bet you didn't think you were adding to the family this Mother's Day....

JillC LI

View attachment 53667

Elsa (on the right) and Olaf (left) were impulse buys over the weekend. They are nine week old mini bulldogs. He has one blue eye and is two pounds heavier than her. She is a squeaky whine bag with lots of personality. We went into the petstore to kill some time before taking DD to a birthday party and after a tough decision between the two we put a deposit on him before we left. When we went back to pick him up she was still there and we asked if they'd cut a deal if we took both and they did. I haven't had a puppy in almost fourteen years and he wasn't this small and there weren't two of him, needless to say its a lot of work!

View attachment 53668

OMG, triple Like!!!!!!!!!!! They are adorable! We are still trying to figure out how we can get a dog even though no one is home between 8:15am and 3:15pm, sometimes later, and my husband does not want to give our house keys to a dog walker. Can't keep a puppy in a crate for 7+ hours a day. What to do, what to do.

Anyway, I did 4 miles yesterday afternoon in the glorious weather. Hoping the rain holds off tonight for my hubby and son to attend the Subway Series.

dreamfinder

Did more speedwork yesterday. Mile, 3/4, 1/2, then 1/4 with increasing pace each time, going from a 6:30 down to a 6 min mile. 1/4 mi recovery jaunts in between.

JillC LI

So I had to get up at 4:15am today to get DD to school for a band competition trip to NJ (followed by Great Adventure - I hope the rain holds out). Knowing I had to get up insanely early meant that of course I could not fall asleep until after 1am. So on 3 hours sleep, I ran 4 miles on the TM after dropping off my daughter, including speedwork (reps of 1/4 mile at 8:20 pace). I had to extend the Rest Intervals longer than usual, but I did the workout. And now my eyelids feel like lead. It's gonna be a LOOOOOONG day.

bethram

I ran 2.75 miles this morning at 9:40 pace which is the shortest distance I've run in years thanks to stomach issues. I thought about not running but I hadn't run since Tuesday (thanks to the puppies) and I've got a 5k tomorrow night so I really needed to loosen up. Unfortunately I ended up having to come home from work before lunch, however I'm finally starting to feel better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom