What did you do?

ChristaH

3.75 miles in 41 minutes in my new Mizuno Enigmas and the Under Armor ProCore compression shorts prescribed by my physical therapist. These things have so many criss-cross bands they almost run by themselves!

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
3.75 miles in 41 minutes in my new Mizuno Enigmas and the Under Armor ProCore compression shorts prescribed by my physical therapist. These things have so many criss-cross bands they almost run by themselves!
I use Under Armour compression shorts a lot. They are a great help to my hamstrings :)

Glad you found something that works!

JillC LI

Just wanted to share a helpful tip. Last night I was charging my Garmin on the computer when suddenly the Garmin reen went dead. I unplugged it from the computer and tried to turn it on, but it was totally dead, despite having been charging for about 20 minutes. I freaked out thinking it was a goner. My husband suggested I look for support online. I did a quick search and sure enough, I found a YouTube video talking about how to fix this exact problem. There is a way to do a soft reset and a hard reset. The hard reset carries a risk of loss of data. The soft reset did not work, but the hard reset did! And I didn't lose any data either. The watch is working just fine again. Whew. If anyone has this problem, don't think your battery has gone caput without trying the reset.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Just wanted to share a helpful tip. Last night I was charging my Garmin on the computer when suddenly the Garmin reen went dead. I unplugged it from the computer and tried to turn it on, but it was totally dead, despite having been charging for about 20 minutes. I freaked out thinking it was a goner. My husband suggested I look for support online. I did a quick search and sure enough, I found a YouTube video talking about how to fix this exact problem. There is a way to do a soft reset and a hard reset. The hard reset carries a risk of loss of data. The soft reset did not work, but the hard reset did! And I didn't lose any data either. The watch is working just fine again. Whew. If anyone has this problem, don't think your battery has gone caput without trying the reset.
My Garmin did this once. Isnt it a combo of the Power button and reset button at the same time? I guess it depends on the model. But yes, it isnt a goner.

MadMax11

On a treadmill for an hour later this afternoon...mixing sprints with run for about 45 minutes...closing with about 15 minutes at 6.5 mph.

a2grafix

Wanted to run 10 miles around this time in honor of those who ran in the 2013 Tower 10 miler and my own feat in the inaugural race in 2012. So, Saturday was the day. Was going to hit the concrete jungle of Downtown Memphis close to noon but a storm line blew through with thunder and darkness and a flash or two of lightning, so my run was delayed 2 hours.

Ended up running 10.9 miles in about 2.5 hours, stopping here and there for drink breaks, downing some fruit snacks and GU gobs, and getting my bearing as I decided to combine several previous routes I have run over the past 13 months. Pulled out my route sheet to make sure I was going the way I was supposed to. Didn't matter too much. Did end up taking an extra half mile to find an open gate as I crossed into a gated community.

Afterward didn't feel too tired, felt good, felt accomplished. First long run in my new shoes, used some body glide but I don't think I applied enough. After the rain it was 67F but soared 10 degrees as the sun came out about a mile or two in my run. Had a long sleeve tech shirt so I pushed up the sleeves. Beautiful postcard afternoon along the Mississippi River.

Taper will be name of game rest of way as Wine and Dine is 26 days away, then Space Coast Half 3 weeks after that, and St. Jude Memphis Half 6 days after that.

Btw, care to donate to St. Jude's mission as I train for the St. Jude Memphis Half? Donate here

2013-10-12_11-31-26_94.jpg 2013-10-12_11-34-42_249.jpg

Attachments

• 1399631_10151848409066877_293415477_o.jpg
    1399631_10151848409066877_293415477_o.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 10ppoint9ohmiles.jpg
    10ppoint9ohmiles.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 22

Kristia

Just back from 8 miles on my hilly forest trail with the entire gang (husband and both kids) in tow on their bikes. Pace was 10:27 and the hills didn't even feel hard! I'm definitely in better shape now than I was two months ago. Ready for the Hershey Half with the gals next weekend!
Ahhhh! I am not ready lol. Freaking out a little because I was going to do 18 today but that didn't happen. Ran the first mile and found a dog. He followed us and we didn't feel good just leaving him on the road. My leg had been hurting a bit so we walked home with him following. After trying to decide what to do, we walked back to where we found him and looked for people outside. Finally we found his people thank goodness! My leg/shin was hurting with the walking so Dan said maybe it was a blessing in disguise not to do 18 today. He is going to stretch and massage me today and I might try for a short run tonight. I know I have the miles in for Hershey but the marathon in Nov is freaking me out! I may be limping my way through Hershey. :eek:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
15 miles today. Very rough and was done at mile 5. All on road today which was not fun. Im more sore after 15 on road then 20+ on trail with 2,000 feet more climbing. It was a fall back weekend and my mind wasnt in it.

Got to have a short memory since next weekend, we are going up to Cheaha and camping Friday night, and running 22.5 miles of the Cheaha 50k/Pinhoti course. Going to be very fun.

Kristia

6.2 miles in 1:13:15. The farthest I have ever run. But I was wiped out and could not go one more step. How am I ever going to make it more than twice that far???
You will! For me, it tends to be mostly in my mind (well, except lately). If I know I have to go 6 miles, I am dead as 6 miles approaches. If I have to go 13 miles, usually I am dead around 12 miles. My mind knows how far I plan to go and it starts to shut my body down accordingly!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom