What did you do?

fmingo36

Good luck Nick. I'll be following the fb updates.

As for me, 3.25 miles today. The 80+ degree heat felt worse than it did all summer just because I'd gotten used to 60 degree Fall temps lately. Sigh.

I felt the same way. Although, I'm not complaining. I'll take the 80 degrees for my 40 minute run and suffer a little bit instead of the 60 degrees all day and be cold for everything else I have to do.

AUPr8Hd

Nick, good luck on your run. Looking forward to a recap of it

A 5k this morning. I figured since today called for 3 with 6 tomorrow and 13 on Saturday that I might as well bump all of them up to actual race distances

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
10 miles this morning on legs so sore I couldnt sit down in a chair to put my shoes on without a calculated "fall". Wasnt going to miss my run and I figured, since I always look for the silver lining, this was and is good training for big boy runs. Right @Donald Duck ;) I think I found a good leg workout on Tuesday now. It will get easier.

Swimming tomorrow and 20 on Saturday.

Positive Pessimism: 10 miles at 5:05am... at least the pain in my legs kept me from dozing off.

JillC LI

It begins my two day taper for Oil Creek 100 this weekend. Goal is to run hard and fast through those mountains to sub 22hrs. Pain, possible puking and passing out is probable, so my wonderful wife is prepping for said issues.

It's a good thing your 100 miler is in a State Park,Nick. I just read that they might have to cancel the Grindstone 100 miler in Virginia this weekend because of National Park closures since the race goes through one.

joel_maxwell

It's a good thing your 100 miler is in a State Park,Nick. I just read that they might have to cancel the Grindstone 100 miler in Virginia this weekend because of National Park closures since the race goes through one.
We will refrain from getting into politics, but this is getting RIDICULOUS! I would be so frustrated and mad if I had gotten myself ready for that and then this..... Ok, I need to quit.

Kristia

We will refrain from getting into politics, but this is getting RIDICULOUS! I would be so frustrated and mad if I had gotten myself ready for that and then this..... Ok, I need to quit.
Tell me about it....still on furlough :(. I am luckier than most since I have a part-time job that I can fall back on but it won't be enough to totally make up for the lost income. Hope it ends soon so we can pay all the bills. Doesn't appear that this is going to happen though. They are all a bunch of babies, stamping their feet and having temper tantrums to try and get their way at the expense of the country. Only good thing is that I will be able to get my 7 miler in before it gets dark today!

joel_maxwell

Tell me about it....still on furlough :(. I am luckier than most since I have a part-time job that I can fall back on but it won't be enough to totally make up for the lost income. Hope it ends soon so we can pay all the bills. Doesn't appear that this is going to happen though. They are all a bunch of babies, stamping their feet and having temper tantrums to try and get their way at the expense of the country. Only good thing is that I will be able to get my 7 miler in before it gets dark today!
Yes, yes and yes on the bolded.

Kristia

Good run today despite the warm temps! Wish it would get a little cooler. 7 miles @ 10:53 pace and that was with a couple water/walk breaks. For those that are curious my Hokas are working out well. I am getting used to them and although I still have shin pain when I run, it doesn't seem as bad and I have next to no pain the next day which was a problem before.

imagination30

77 degrees , is my type of running when the breeze is blowing it was nice . but when the breeze stoped it was like a dead dry heat. lol , but any way a good 4.40 miler with amile pace of 5.16 and av. pace of 10.41... got a race coming up in a week ... Need to beat 22. 32 my time from last year.
(this being my second to last race before Disney in Jan,)

ejsanta13

3.78 @ 8:48 pace yesterday. Nice weather. Baystate 1/2 in two weeks. Trying to get the miles in now without doing something dumb and hurting myself.....

Phonedave

I dug out the custom footbeds from my old pair of running shoes (that I now use to cut the grass in) and put them in my current pair of running shoes. Then I did 4+ miles on trails. My plantar fasciitis was not nearly as bad. Gee, who da thunk?

-dave

fmingo36

1 hour with weights last night. LOTS of squats made for some hurtin' thighs. I still got in a 4 mile run @ 11:05 min/pace this morning. Warmer temps & hurtin' thighs definitely effected my pace.
Heading up to MA this weekend so not sure if I'll get a long run in or not.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!!!:happy:

fmingo36

Kristy,
Sorry to hear that the furlough is effecting you. It's bad enough that you're losing out on a paycheck but it's even worse that you have no idea how long this is going to last. What a nerve-wracking situation.

Glad you got a run in. Hope you're shins are feeling better. See you in a few weeks. :joyfull:

JillC LI

So I set out to do 13 miles this morning and I tagged on an extra .1 to see how long it would take me. I didn't check the time on my watch at all until I hit the Stop button, and lo and behold, I beat my Half marathon PR by 9 seconds! I finished in 2:16:50 (10:27 pace). I wasn't even trying for speed because this route is twenty times hillier than the route I set the PR on 5 years ago! So psyched. Plus I was able to run on a beautiful bike path where the trees were all changing to Fall colors since my hubby accompanied me on his bike. The weather was supposed to be hot and humid but it turned out to be under 70 with a cool breeze. Great run. Don't even care that I have spaghetti legs now and that I'm gonna hurt tomorrow from all those hills. :joyfull:

a2grafix

Ran 3.55 miles Saturday morning in humid 79F partly sunny skies across concrete jungle that is Downtown Memphis. Nice leisurely run. Mapping out in the next week 2 big 10 mile runs in honor of me running my first runDisney 10 miler in 2012. Then I'll start to taper back a bit as I get ready for Wine and Dine in the next month.

After some Sunday funday with the girlfriend might consider another evening run. Drastic temp change after cool front pushed through. Sunday's low will be around 49-50F. Fall is trying to make its presence in the Mid-South.

Texas84

Allstate Atlanta Half in the bag. I only ran it to get the extra bling for doing the Publix earlier in the year. I knew this would be hilly so I planned on a 2:30 and ended up 2:22. So I'm happy. Garmin said 600 foot change. Not real exciting but definitely beautiful scenery running through some nice wooded neighborhoods. Both races were very organized. Tons of snacks at the end. Grabbed a bagel and chocolate milk but they also had fruit, pretzels, cookies, and other stuff. But no Coca-Cola! I'm really surprised they don't get more involved in running, especially in Atlanta. Everyone I know can't wait to go git a big ol' Coke after a race.

Probably no long races the rest of the year for me. It's close to holiday 5K season here.
WP_20131006_002.jpg WP_20131006_004.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom