What did you do?

JillC LI

6 miles in 60 minutes this morning.
I thought I was going crazy when I just logged on and saw the new format - I thought it was my computer acting wonky, but based on everyone else's posts about the new format, I guess it's not me! So is there still a way to quote someone else's message? i can't seem to figure out how. As Coryna said, this is going to take some getting used to - especially for the technically challenged, like me! :confused:

So how'd that sleeping late go Nick?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I thought I was going crazy when I just logged on and saw the new format - I thought it was my computer acting wonky, but based on everyone else's posts about the new format, I guess it's not me! So is there still a way to quote someone else's message? i can't seem to figure out how. As Coryna said, this is going to take some getting used to - especially for the technically challenged, like me! :confused:

All you need to do is to hit the REPLY link by the post that you want to quote. You can also do more than one :)

Kristia

These changes will def take some getting used to! Just hit the reply button next to the post and it will quote the original post. Not sure about multi-quoting though!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
All you need to do is to hit the REPLY link by the post that you want to quote. You can also do more than one :)
Ahhhhh. That is sweet. Ok, I see now. As Steve said, just head down the page and hit "reply" to any that you want to quote and it adds to the bottom of the page in your box for replying.

These changes will def take some getting used to! Just hit the reply button next to the post and it will quote the original post. Not sure about multi-quoting though!
See above. I just tried it.

Yes, it will take some getting use to, but like anything on the web and sites adding new skins etc, once we get a month under our belt, the old way would be... so old school wdwmagic! LOL

As far as customizing, I didnt like that it was so vertical and I only got 2-3 posts per page. Then, I looked at the scrolling info bar at the top and figured out that I could customized my view. Im a Liquid Dimmed user now. Jill, if you need any help, just ask. Some of us are tech savvy and can help. *wave*

joel_maxwell

4 miles for me this am. I have worked and pushed my knee very well and Im up to 4 miles before it starts hurting. Then, I got on my bike and did another 5 miles. Great morning. I will say though, I REALLY need a new saddle. Holy cow, Jill, you know that comment you made the other day about finding out where you left off the Body Glide. Yeh... thats me.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer

Not used to this sleep thing!
But I like the new forums now!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
4 miles for me this am. I have worked and pushed my knee very well and Im up to 4 miles before it starts hurting. Then, I got on my bike and did another 5 miles. Great morning. I will say though, I REALLY need a new saddle. Holy cow, Jill, you know that comment you made the other day about finding out where you left off the Body Glide. Yeh... thats me.
Nice work Joel, glad to hear it is going well!

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
We did a local 5 mile race for our town's yearly fishing tournament/festival called Walleye Weekend.

Race time temps were almost 80 degrees, with the finish being more towards 85. We finished in 55 minutes and change. I don't have an official time yet. The course has 2 water stops at mile 2 and 3.5, on each side of an out and back. They ran out of gatorade before we even got there on the "out" portion of the run.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I'm still focusing on endurance most days, but I've started to add in a quick 5K on Thursdays (this week 3.44 @ 8:24) to try to keep from losing what little speed I gained over the winter and spring. Today was 7 miles @9:24 pace. I'm happy :)

dreamfinder

Did some outdoor runs over the weekend, just to keep totally messing with me. Sat was 8ish outdoors at night (finally used the blinker light I got for Christmas), and then 7ish Sunday AM. I then realized than I ran on a Pacific beach and an Atlantic beach within the same week.

joel_maxwell

2 miles this am in a hazy rainy morning. Just stretching out the legs before my bike ride in the morning and a Wednesday longer run. Back on a schedule of Mondays being a light stretch out day.

We play hard on the weekends. :D

JillC LI

Ugh about the Body Glide, but glad you're up to 4 miles pain free now.

Ahhhhh. That is sweet. Ok, I see now. As Steve said, just head down the page and hit "reply" to any that you want to quote and it adds to the bottom of the page in your box for replying.

See above. I just tried it.

Yes, it will take some getting use to, but like anything on the web and sites adding new skins etc, once we get a month under our belt, the old way would be... so old school wdwmagic! LOL

As far as customizing, I didnt like that it was so vertical and I only got 2-3 posts per page. Then, I looked at the scrolling info bar at the top and figured out that I could customized my view. Im a Liquid Dimmed user now. Jill, if you need any help, just ask. Some of us are tech savvy and can help. *wave*

I just might take you up on that when I have some more time to spend playing around on here. At least I now know how to quote multiple messages. I do want to figure out how to check my most recent posts when I log on to follow up on those strings. Haven't tried that yet. :eek:

joel_maxwell

Ugh about the Body Glide, but glad you're up to 4 miles pain free now.
Its progress and that is all that matters. I really think the biking thing has helped.

I just might take you up on that when I have some more time to spend playing around on here. At least I now know how to quote multiple messages. I do want to figure out how to check my most recent posts when I log on to follow up on those strings. Haven't tried that yet. :eek:
Try looking at the top of the screen in the horizontal menu bar. There is an "Alerts" tab. If anyone has quoted you, liked a post etc of yours, it will show up there. It is a drop down that lists the alerts. You can click on any of them to be taken to the page.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
No 40 miler today. I'll save it for later in the week.

Just under 25 miles this morning. Nothing too exciting.

Still trying out new nutrition stuff which is going well.

Putting together my new prototype hydration set up in a few weeks. Hopefully it's lighter and more managable to take on and off than my current set up, which is composed of two main units. It's a pain in the a-- if I have to change shirts during a run, and wastes time. We'll see.

Run hard folks!

a2grafix

Per the Tower of Terror 10-miler training program, ran 4 miles around midnight. Temps in the low 70s, rising humidity with impending rain. Walked an extra half mile to cool down. No wind. Perfect midnight run.

My shirt was soaked from the run. A very nice workout. Mile in about 9:20, 2 miles in 18:45, 3 miles in about 28:05 and 4 miles in 38:25.

I'm digging this training program, but talk to me in the next month, six weeks, when I should be up near 8-10 miles.

The only thing is that my feet are getting warm. Wearing a pair of running socks and about the 2.5 / 3-mile mark my soles start to get warm. Is this normal? Is this from the friction and the heat of the day on the pavement / sidewalks / track in doing a long run?? Shall I double-up on socks?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Per the Tower of Terror 10-miler training program, ran 4 miles around midnight. Temps in the low 70s, rising humidity with impending rain. Walked an extra half mile to cool down. No wind. Perfect midnight run.

My shirt was soaked from the run. A very nice workout. Mile in about 9:20, 2 miles in 18:45, 3 miles in about 28:05 and 4 miles in 38:25.

I'm digging this training program, but talk to me in the next month, six weeks, when I should be up near 8-10 miles.

The only thing is that my feet are getting warm. Wearing a pair of running socks and about the 2.5 / 3-mile mark my soles start to get warm. Is this normal? Is this from the friction and the heat of the day on the pavement / sidewalks / track in doing a long run?? Shall I double-up on socks?

Do not double up on socks, that's bad. It will just increase the heat. Get some dry max socks, or injinji socks. Try different materials.

a2grafix

Do not double up on socks, that's bad. It will just increase the heat. Get some dry max socks, or injinji socks. Try different materials.

Thanks Donald for the advice. Can count on you for in-depth running expertise. Got some running socks for the December holiday, and wore them last night. I will look into / purchase those you mentioned.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom