What did you do?

fmingo36

Managed to get up at 4:30 am :eek: and go running before work. No more skipping runs and I knew I wouldn't be able to do it after work today! 3 miles - 10:50 pace. Not bad for me. I normally like to get in at least 4 miles while running at home but I was short for time.

Good for you!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Thanks Joel.
My classes are the easy part of my training. I love them and I love how I feel when I've completed a class. Everything I do in my classes makes me a better runner.
Now the running is the tough one for me. There are some days just the thought of putting on my sneakers makes me cringe. But I do it because I know that it's a means to the end. And the end is GOING TO DISNEY and getting a KICK-A$$ MEDAL!!! :sohappy:
You dang right sister! Just thought Id say that you inspire me to add yoga and some P90x routines to my weekly stuff.

*high five*

Managed to get up at 4:30 am :eek: and go running before work. No more skipping runs and I knew I wouldn't be able to do it after work today! 3 miles - 10:50 pace. Not bad for me. I normally like to get in at least 4 miles while running at home but I was short for time.
That a girl. Thats what Im talking about. Running in the morning use to be the worst thought in the whole world to me. I read The Art of Zen Running which suggested "get out of your routine" which was running in the afternoon after work. Now, I cant wait to get up and hit the road.

Very nice!

AUPr8Hd

Last night I decided to break out the NB Minimus for a short, 2 mile trek around the neighborhood. I totally forgot how much different the muscles will feel after running in these. Love it!

I have a 5 miler scheduled for this evening. I promised to take our 6yo for a run tonight. So, I may be doing a short 1 miler sprint session followed by a steady run :ROFLOL:

Kristia

You dang right sister! Just thought Id say that you inspire me to add yoga and some P90x routines to my weekly stuff.

*high five*

That a girl. Thats what Im talking about. Running in the morning use to be the worst thought in the whole world to me. I read The Art of Zen Running which suggested "get out of your routine" which was running in the afternoon after work. Now, I cant wait to get up and hit the road.

Very nice!

Thanks! I love getting it out of the way in the morning but 4:30 just comes way too fast! On the upside, there is absolutely no traffic that early! :wave:

a2grafix

Sunday night went on a midnight run around the neighborhood block in prep for Tower of Terror 10 miler. For the past year and a half have been running around the local high school track but last night decided since I am training for a long-distance road race what better way then to run on sidewalks and abandoned city streets (I was well reflected and fully aware of whatever traffic there was).

Out and back is just about 2 miles, and the out and back is right next to one of the city's main drags, which is easily a mile from street light to street light.

Ran for 30 minutes and 3.25 miles. Was not tired and could have ran 4 with ease. Surprised myself.

Tuesday evening after ballgame, will repeat the run and maybe push it to 4 miles. If not, another 5K is in store.

JillC LI

And don't worry about the storm clouds, if you get struck by lightening and live, it's an awsome story to share over beers!

And if you don't live?

Starting this week, I will be changing up my training, because I am going out of my mind with the same routine.

I don't know how you made it THIS long without getting bored. Enjoy those sleep-in days! You've earned them.

Sorry things have been tough. I hate when I get in a work-out rut. If you want to change things up, I'm about 25-30 miles away. I think should run to my house, have a few beers and then I'll drive you home. You can meet the kids and the dog. :D

Now THERE's a cool idea for Nick's next run!

I might do that! And yes actually! I'm totally going to put a giant lable on my vest that reads "ACME ROCKET PACK"

Just don't stop off at airport security :D

Thanks! I love getting it out of the way in the morning but 4:30 just comes way too fast! On the upside, there is absolutely no traffic that early! :wave:

I do most of my runs in the morning too, but I don't feel safe running alone in the dark when it's deserted out. I always wait until sunrise - although I realize that might not be an option for you work-wise. Since sunrise comes later in the winter, I do my winter weekday runs on the treadmill indoors and save my long runs for the weekends outdoors. I do enjoy the summer though when I can run before work outdoors.

5 miles last night. 10 minute pace. Having some pain in my outer ankle although I don't recall injuring it. I'll take it easy for a few days.

joel_maxwell

I know this sounds corny, but it is like you are watching the earth wake up. It is only you, nature and the sunrise.

I LOVEx3 getting up in the winter time (later sunrise) and running at least 30 minutes before day break with about 1-2 hour run left. It is my favorite moment I have all week (besides all the family and kids stuff ;) )

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
25 miles this morning at 9:45 pace.

The further I go, the better.

Jill: "and if you don't live?"
Me: that's one hell of a gamble I'm willing to take!

Run hard folks!

Kristia

I do most of my runs in the morning too, but I don't feel safe running alone in the dark when it's deserted out. I always wait until sunrise - although I realize that might not be an option for you work-wise. Since sunrise comes later in the winter, I do my winter weekday runs on the treadmill indoors and save my long runs for the weekends outdoors. I do enjoy the summer though when I can run before work outdoors.

5 miles last night. 10 minute pace. Having some pain in my outer ankle although I don't recall injuring it. I'll take it easy for a few days.

My husband runs with me so I don't go alone. If I do run in the dark, I stick close to home. From our house to the end of the street is a mile so I can do laps if I need too. It is a rural street with 20 houses or so but almost no traffic so it works well. Hope you feel better soon!

Kristia

I know this sounds corny, but it is like you are watching the earth wake up. It is only you, nature and the sunrise.

I LOVEx3 getting up in the winter time (later sunrise) and running at least 30 minutes before day break with about 1-2 hour run left. It is my favorite moment I have all week (besides all the family and kids stuff ;) )

I agree, it is so peaceful! As long as I don't get hit by a deer! :lol: (Any fans of The Middle out there lol?) Once I am up, I am good to go. Its the getting out of bed part especially in the winter! I usually have a better pace in the morning too.

Kristia

Sunday night went on a midnight run around the neighborhood block in prep for Tower of Terror 10 miler. For the past year and a half have been running around the local high school track but last night decided since I am training for a long-distance road race what better way then to run on sidewalks and abandoned city streets (I was well reflected and fully aware of whatever traffic there was).

Out and back is just about 2 miles, and the out and back is right next to one of the city's main drags, which is easily a mile from street light to street light.

Ran for 30 minutes and 3.25 miles. Was not tired and could have ran 4 with ease. Surprised myself.

Tuesday evening after ballgame, will repeat the run and maybe push it to 4 miles. If not, another 5K is in store.

Midnight run?! Good job! I think I would rather get up at 4:30 am like today!

joel_maxwell

I agree, it is so peaceful! As long as I don't get hit by a deer! :lol: (Any fans of The Middle out there lol?) Once I am up, I am good to go. Its the getting out of bed part especially in the winter! I usually have a better pace in the morning too.
If I start taking my run up on Signal Mtn across the street from my neighborhood, Ill have to carry some mace. There has been coyote spotted up there. They are nocturnal and rarely attack humans, but that are feral, therefor never underestimate them.

Deer are all around here too, but I think Im safe from them. Im not sure of your reference.

Kristia

If I start taking my run up on Signal Mtn across the street from my neighborhood, Ill have to carry some mace. There has been coyote spotted up there. They are nocturnal and rarely attack humans, but that are feral, therefor never underestimate them.

Deer are all around here too, but I think Im safe from them. Im not sure of your reference.

We have coyotes in the area, but I have never seen them close to our house. I have seen them a few miles away, but I don't run in that area very often and only in the mid morning. The reference is from the tv show The Middle. There is a teen girl on there who never gets picked for any teams. The XCountry team lets anyone join and she is so excited. While practicing a deer crashes into her. Whatever can go wrong with this girl does. Just a funny thought I always have when I see deer crossing up ahead of me! :lol:

dreamfinder

Normal 5k on the TM this AM in the hotel, hoping to get out tomorrow afternoon and run along the coastline. (Out in San Fran at a conference) Looking forward to running on the coast, but getting there may suck due to the traffic/lights.

Ariel484

Normal 5k on the TM this AM in the hotel, hoping to get out tomorrow afternoon and run along the coastline. (Out in San Fran at a conference) Looking forward to running on the coast, but getting there may suck due to the traffic/lights.

Ooh...that sounds nice. And here I was stuck on a boring old treadmill this morning. :cry:

So yeah, 3.5 miles this morning at about a 10:02 pace. Yawn. :snore: Happy National Running day everyone! :sohappy:

joel_maxwell

We have coyotes in the area, but I have never seen them close to our house. I have seen them a few miles away, but I don't run in that area very often and only in the mid morning. The reference is from the tv show The Middle. There is a teen girl on there who never gets picked for any teams. The XCountry team lets anyone join and she is so excited. While practicing a deer crashes into her. Whatever can go wrong with this girl does. Just a funny thought I always have when I see deer crossing up ahead of me! :lol:
:lol: That sounds like a funny show.

Love running at the beach. Love it.

joel_maxwell

Off day from running, so I went biking. In efforts to become a better runner, I am cross training. 30 minutes of riding at an average of 10mph.

With that said, I think I might take a year off the distance running (ToT excluded) and look for a new adventure in early 2013 of sprint triathlons. Im very excited about this and have wanted to do this for a little over a year now. I think the timing is right.

I found out this morning that strong running legs dont equate for strong biking legs.

JillC LI

My husband runs with me so I don't go alone. If I do run in the dark, I stick close to home. From our house to the end of the street is a mile so I can do laps if I need too. It is a rural street with 20 houses or so but almost no traffic so it works well. Hope you feel better soon!

Makes sense. I have no one to run with around here, and even though it is a generally safe neighborhood, I wouldn't go out alone at that hour.

Happy National Running day everyone! :sohappy:

Forgot about that. Glad I ran this morning to be part of the fun! 4 miles on the TM with decreasing distance intervals at increasing speeds.

Off day from running, so I went biking. In efforts to become a better runner, I am cross training. 30 minutes of riding at an average of 10mph.

With that said, I think I might take a year off the distance running (ToT excluded) and look for a new adventure in early 2013 of sprint triathlons. Im very excited about this and have wanted to do this for a little over a year now. I think the timing is right.

I found out this morning that strong running legs dont equate for strong biking legs.

I think that sounds like a great plan. Something new to keep you motivated and time to let the knee heal completely.

As for running legs not equalling biking legs, I found that out myself last Fall when I was cross-training for that 5K by using the stationary bike 2x/week. Give it a few weeks and you'll be pleasantly surprised how much speed and endurance you'll pick up on the bike.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom