What did you do?

Kristia

I did the Race for The Cure yesterday. My first event EVER!

My pace was not really that great, 14:00 or so run/walk, but I slacked off on my training leading up to the race. Bad idea, I know. The good thing is I have motivation now to really train for another 5K! :D

Congrats on your first event! Isn't the feeling of finishing the best! Any pace is good as long as you are out there doing it and doing your best! Good luck on your next race!

Texas84

My pace was not really that great, 14:00 or so run/walk, but I slacked off on my training leading up to the race. Bad idea, I know. The good thing is I have motivation now to really train for another 5K! :D

Plenty fast enough for a Disney race! :D

diddy_mouse

Congrats on your first race! :sohappy:The first is always the hardest but now you should be addicted.

Thanks! I was so anxious to get going before they did the countdown. I was like "GoGoGo! Let me at this thing!" :lol:

Congrats on your first event! Isn't the feeling of finishing the best! Any pace is good as long as you are out there doing it and doing your best! Good luck on your next race!

It did feel pretty awesome running across that finish line. When I went past the pace timer and saw that I was still under 15min I was really happy. :D

Plenty fast enough for a Disney race! :D

Funny you mention this...afterwards my husband was saying that if he does a 5K with me we could build up to a Disney race. That is one of my ultimate goals. It won't be a marathon, but just to run at Disney would be great!

fmingo36

5.74 miles today. Pace 11:28. Started off pretty slow but hit a groove at mile 2 and was able to really quicken the pace. Great day with low humidity and nice temps! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

I dread the first 2 miles of any run. I usually find my grove somewhere between miles 2 and 3. Of course that's great for long runs but really sticks on my short runs.

fmingo36

Today I managed to get in an hour on yoga (this morning) and a 3 mile run at a 10:12 pace this afternoon. Surprised my pace wasn't faster, I was about 2 miles into the run and the storm clouds rolled in. I heard the thunder and saw the lightening and ran as fast as I could. Got home just before the skies opened up.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I dread the first 2 miles of any run. I usually find my grove somewhere between miles 2 and 3. Of course that's great for long runs but really sticks on my short runs.
I use too as well when I would make myself go out of the gate at a 7-8 minute pace (which was the pace for the entire run). I then made myself start running about 1:30 slower than my desired pace for the overall run for the first mile. That made things so much more enjoyable and there was no pressure to perform right out of the gate.

I agree though, on race day etc, those first 2-3 miles are brutal. That is why I dont do 5K's. :lol:

At least you finished. You got some experience and now you know what to expect.

Congrats.

Ran in the Relay For Life 5k in my hometown this morning.
I had 6 miles planned for today so I ran 3 on the treadmill
before heading out to the race. My final time for the race was
19:30, which is a new PR for me and I'm pretty sure that I got
4th overall. Hope everyone is doing well with their training.

Later Days!
Nice Job!

Today I managed to get in an hour on yoga (this morning) and a 3 mile run at a 10:12 pace this afternoon. Surprised my pace wasn't faster, I was about 2 miles into the run and the storm clouds rolled in. I heard the thunder and saw the lightening and ran as fast as I could. Got home just before the skies opened up.
I really admire your dedication to getting your miles in (like we all do) but then you go that extra mile and get an hour of yoga in. Props to you Coryna. :wave:

JillC LI

Congratulations! Now you're an official runner!

Ran in the Relay For Life 5k in my hometown this morning.
I had 6 miles planned for today so I ran 3 on the treadmill
before heading out to the race. My final time for the race was
19:30, which is a new PR for me and I'm pretty sure that I got
4th overall. Hope everyone is doing well with their training.

Later Days!

That's an amazing time. Congratulations!

As for me, I have a short day at the office and plan to squeeze in 5 miles later this afternoon. It won't be as fun without my daughter joining me on her bike again though. :)

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer

Nice. Any issues with you-know-who?

And don't worry about the storm clouds, if you get struck by lightening and live, it's an awsome story to share over beers!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
21 miles this morning in complete downpours.

Last week was a tough running week; mentally and physically.

Starting this week, I will be changing up my training, because I am going out of my mind with the same routine.

Tomorrow will be 25 miles.

Wednesday- 40 miles
Thursday- 30 miles
Friday- 8-9 hour run (possibly 50 miles if I'm moving really well)
Saturday- SLEEPING IN FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A YEAR!!! :sohappy:
Sunday- another day off and watching cartoons at 6am while my wife sleeps :D

Run hard folks, run freaking hard.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT

Starting this week, I will be changing up my training, because I am going out of my mind with the same routine.

Tomorrow will be 25 miles.

Wednesday- 40 miles
Thursday- 30 miles

Good luck. On the 1 day a week I try to sleep in, Im up either by waking up naturally, or my kids are crawling all over me. You wont have a problem with the second part, but the first.... hope yours turns out better.

fmingo36

Starting this week, I will be changing up my training, because I am going out of my mind with the same routine. Tomorrow will be 25 miles.

Wednesday- 40 miles
Thursday- 30 miles

Sorry things have been tough. I hate when I get in a work-out rut. If you want to change things up, I'm about 25-30 miles away. I think should run to my house, have a few beers and then I'll drive you home. You can meet the kids and the dog. :D

of my mind with the same routine. [/B]Tomorrow will be 25 miles.

Wednesday- 40 miles
Thursday- 30 miles

Was it the Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote?

fmingo36

I really admire your dedication to getting your miles in (like we all do) but then you go that extra mile and get an hour of yoga in. Props to you Coryna. :wave:

Thanks Joel.
My classes are the easy part of my training. I love them and I love how I feel when I've completed a class. Everything I do in my classes makes me a better runner.
Now the running is the tough one for me. There are some days just the thought of putting on my sneakers makes me cringe. But I do it because I know that it's a means to the end. And the end is GOING TO DISNEY and getting a KICK-A$$ MEDAL!!! :sohappy:

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Sorry things have been tough. I hate when I get in a work-out rut. If you want to change things up, I'm about 25-30 miles away. I think should run to my house, have a few beers and then I'll drive you home. You can meet the kids and the dog. :D

Was it the Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote?

I might do that! And yes actually! I'm totally going to put a giant lable on my vest that reads "ACME ROCKET PACK"

Kristia

Managed to get up at 4:30 am :eek: and go running before work. No more skipping runs and I knew I wouldn't be able to do it after work today! 3 miles - 10:50 pace. Not bad for me. I normally like to get in at least 4 miles while running at home but I was short for time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom