What did you do?

JillC LI

I do that too.

I run without music, and most of the time can get into a semi-zen zone. Sometimes I just can't

Thats when I start coverting miles to feet and figuring out how many feet are left in my run. Then I change that to percentages, ETA, etc.

Eh, it keeps my mind busy.

-dave

Exactly! Were you also a math major? Not too many people actually enjoy doing that sort of mental gymnastics.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
And how many might that be?! Do you actually count for 20 miles or do you count for 1 mile and then do mental math? I actually enjoy doing mental math when I'm on a longer run.
Ding Ding Ding. We have a winning suggestion!

I do that too.

I run without music, and most of the time can get into a semi-zen zone. Sometimes I just can't

Thats when I start coverting miles to feet and figuring out how many feet are left in my run. Then I change that to percentages, ETA, etc.

Eh, it keeps my mind busy.

-dave
That gives me a headache Dave. :lol:

Exactly! Were you also a math major? Not too many people actually enjoy doing that sort of mental gymnastics.
Nope. Not here. I like to think about:
- what Im going to do the rest of the day
- how awesome my kids and wife is
- Ill think about that next event a little to keep me focused on the prize
- reflect on how far I have come in less than 2 years
- there is always a random set of thoughts that come along due to something I pass on the run (sometimes naughty if she is really cute :lookaroun )and
- most importantly, how much Im really going to enjoy that 2 cups of coffee when I get home from the am run while everyone else is sleeping (especially those early saturday am runs)

JillC LI

Ding Ding Ding. We have a winning suggestion!

That gives me a headache Dave. :lol:

Nope. Not here. I like to think about:
- what Im going to do the rest of the day
- how awesome my kids and wife is
- Ill think about that next event a little to keep me focused on the prize
- reflect on how far I have come in less than 2 years
- there is always a random set of thoughts that come along due to something I pass on the run (sometimes naughty if she is really cute :lookaroun )and
- most importantly, how much Im really going to enjoy that 2 cups of coffee when I get home from the am run while everyone else is sleeping (especially those early saturday am runs)

LOL, we won't mention those thoughts to Sam!

And yes, this morning I was out and back before the rest of the family awoke. Had to do 7 miles at long tempo pace of 9:52, and I came in at 9:48! Quads are surprisingly tight now though.

GoofyRacer11

Finished the Warriors Dash this morning. Not sure
what my time was since it goes all day. I enjoyed
myself to the fullest. My wave started at 8:30, which
made the course less muddy (although it was still
hard to get through). I'll post some pictures when
they are released to give you guys a better idea.

I went in an athlete and came out a warrior!

JillC LI

Love the sound of it - can't wait to see the pics! Congrats!

joel_maxwell

LOL, we won't mention those thoughts to Sam!

And yes, this morning I was out and back before the rest of the family awoke. Had to do 7 miles at long tempo pace of 9:52, and I came in at 9:48! Quads are surprisingly tight now though.
:D

Nice pace.

Nice job surviving. Pics please

joel_maxwell

7.28 miles this am and I went CRAZY on the hills. I love the consistency of my splits. The two 10 minute pace miles are the 2 monster hills I did. Both over a half mile long.

781 vertical feet gained.
1622 feet ascended
1485 feet downhill (my arch in my left foot is killing me due to the downhill)

Pics from top of the mountain. Glorious sunrise.
IMG_0723.JPG
IMG_0724.JPG

scorp111

15 miles @ 10:14 pace.

A new longest run ever for me. The first 7 went well. Met up with another runner (whom I had never talked to before, but had been passed by many times) who has run a 1:30 half,and was out for 17 today. Spent 6 out of the next 8 miles with him, which made it pass by quicker. He was really good about letting me set the pace, which for him must have been a crawl. But he was thankful, as he said it would help him run his Long run slower, which he sometimes struggles with. Tired now, but other wise ok. The wife and children brought me a cold towel and Powerade refill at mile 9.5 which was really nice!

New weekly high mileage for me at 37.

Now time for a nap, before some chili and football later!

Texas84

College football is going to be tough on my Sunday run. Didn't get started until 0830 and it got really hot the last 4 miles. Kept wanting to quit but ended up with 12.8 miles at a decent pace for me.

3 more weeks until F&W! :sohappy:

joel_maxwell

A new longest run ever for me. The first 7 went well. Met up with another runner (whom I had never talked to before, but had been passed by many times) who has run a 1:30 half,and was out for 17 today. Spent 6 out of the next 8 miles with him, which made it pass by quicker. He was really good about letting me set the pace, which for him must have been a crawl. But he was thankful, as he said it would help him run his Long run slower, which he sometimes struggles with. Tired now, but other wise ok. The wife and children brought me a cold towel and Powerade refill at mile 9.5 which was really nice!

Nice job reaching a new distance

College football is going to be tough on my Sunday run. Didn't get started until 0830 and it got really hot the last 4 miles. Kept wanting to quit but ended up with 12.8 miles at a decent pace for me.

3 more weeks until F&W! :sohappy:
Especially hard on your Sundays if you are a UGA fan.... :lookaroun

JillC LI

:D

Nice pace.

Nice job surviving. Pics please

From you that's quite a compliment! Thank you. Nice run yourself there with all those hills.

Great job. Nice to make a new friend and have some company for those miles.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
19.51 miles yesterday.
20.33 miles on Friday.
119 miles for the week, Monday-Saturday.

Rest day today, and working in the studio. Dealing with many muscle aches, stomache issues and joint pain this week.
I NEVER listen to music while I run, but I tried on Friday in hopes that it would distract my mind from the terrible stomache turning and nausea I have been experiencing this week. That venture lasted for three songs before I ripped the earbuds out. I just can't run with music in my ears. The sound of the crashing waves seems to work better.
I hope this rest day is a RESET button for my head for this week. Big mileage coming up...

My best to everyone with their training and/or leisure runs. Cheers folks.

fmingo36

Love it! Can't wait to see pictures.

fmingo36

Way to go! Keep up the Great runs!!!

Phonedave

Civil Engineering. I took college level land surverying classes. Miles to feet is childs play. Throw in rods or chains and then we are talking :)

-dave

Phonedave

Saturday was the Dumont 5K

28:25.6 (9:10 Pace)

Strange little race. Nice course with a stadium finish and a little kicker of a hill thrown in at mile 2.3 or so. But really no race support. No course maps, no information at the start and minimal food/water at the end. They did give out medals to eveyone. Small generic medals, but a nice touch still.

I was crusing along and at around 2 miles the High School Cross Country team just sailed by me ....... singing at the top of their lungs. Freaking 18 y/o kids LOL.

-dave

JillC LI

Saturday was the Dumont 5K

28:25.6 (9:10 Pace)

Strange little race. Nice course with a stadium finish and a little kicker of a hill thrown in at mile 2.3 or so. But really no race support. No course maps, no information at the start and minimal food/water at the end. They did give out medals to eveyone. Small generic medals, but a nice touch still.

I was crusing along and at around 2 miles the High School Cross Country team just sailed by me ....... singing at the top of their lungs. Freaking 18 y/o kids LOL.

-dave
Nice job. Gotta love those teenagers...not! The local 5K race that I plan to run with my son in November also has little support other than a volunteer manning a turn-around cone on the course and some water bottles at the end. No medals for finishers, food, etc. I'll just have my hubby bring me some gatorade at the finish line. This race isn't about bling for me; it's about a PR.

Phonedave

Nice job. Gotta love those teenagers...not! The local 5K race that I plan to run with my son in November also has little support other than a volunteer manning a turn-around cone on the course and some water bottles at the end. No medals for finishers, food, etc. I'll just have my hubby bring me some gatorade at the finish line. This race isn't about bling for me; it's about a PR.

These are points races for me. I need a few more USATF Certified races this year to qualify for a gold Phidippides awad from USATF. I think with this 5K I just did and the Wine and Dine Half comming up, I will need 3 more 5K's in this calander year to qualify.

I really don't care about bling either, I just was suprised to find almost nothing at the finish line. I would rather have some water and a bagel for my registration fee rather than another race t-shirt I will never wear.

Ah, and they spelled my last name wrong on the results posting - bah!

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom