what creppy, small, little animals or bugs you always run into?

hcswingfield

Woody13 said:
Feral cats are smart and they can hide from you day or night in places you would never think to look! WDW takes precautions to keep the feral cat population under control.

I imagine the site of a mouse 25 times its size would scare away even the toughest of feral cats!

weluvtink

Laura22 said:
I can't believe you all think those lizards are CUTE!!

I live in North Carolina and those darn lizards are always creeping into my house (through the cat door). I am terrified of them and I'm always having to catch them and bring them back outside.
My sister hates the lizards. A few weeks back she went to visit her father in Tequesta, FL and she found a lizard in her room. She ran outside with her cell phone to call and tell us there was a dragon in her room. :lol:

Flower'sChild

hcswingfield said:
I imagine the site of a mouse 25 times its size would scare away even the toughest of feral cats!

Funny I am a Cat and all the mice like me lol. Suzy and Perla just Adore me. They are always happy to see me. I would say they are my little babies if I where not such a young 28 year old. Since Suzy and Perla are way older than me I am there little baby, even though in size they are a lot smaller than me :)

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
Flower'sChild said:
Ralph Wiggum since I am a Vegetarian I would have no need to eat Lobster or any living creature.

I know, that's why I was joking with you. but if you fall off of the veg wagon, start with a good FLA lobster tail. :slurp: but they cry when you cut if off. :eek:

Flower'sChild

Ralph Wiggum said:
I know, that's why I was joking with you. but if you fall off of the veg wagon, start with a good FLA lobster tail. :slurp: but they cry when you cut if off. :eek:

I am going to assume this is a joke also and that the other 2 post where you talked about FlowersChild was a joke as well. I really was not sure one way or the other.

Anyways Tampa ahhhh yes. When I go to DisneyLand I am going to go up to Tampa for a direct flight from Tampa to LA > My dad used to do some type of classes or something at Tampa. Not really sure what it was, but I will ask him. I gots to go to work I will try to post later if I have a chance to ask him about it :)

mkepcotmgmak

Woody13 said:
Feral cats are smart and they can hide from you day or night in places you would never think to look! WDW takes precautions to keep the feral cat population under control.

is a feral cat just a domesticated housecat that has been abandoned, or is it an actualy breed of cat?

dvm

mkepcotmgmak said:
is a feral cat just a domesticated housecat that has been abandoned, or is it an actualy breed of cat?

Not a true breed, like Himalayan, Persian, Ocicat. Typically, feral refers to a wild, untamed cat, that is homeless, that may or may not be nice, unpredictable, scared, and nervous around people.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I saw a feral kitty just yesterday when I went to get my car washed - I almost adopted yet another kitty, but I figured bringing it into the drive through carwash with me would ruin our first impressions of one another.

MiRi

I am used to the lizards. I am from Miami. I hate frogs. Ewww....

I do like seeing the bunnies and the Disney Ducks though.

Woody13

mkepcotmgmak said:
Dvm's description was good. I'll just add that some feral cats grow up in the wild and stay wild their entire lives. Some feral cats start out domesticated and as you point out are abandoned and then turn feral. Also as dvm pointed out, the behavior of feral cats is very unpredictable.

Woody13

Ralph Wiggum said:
Cut it off? For Florida spiny lobster we always "wring" the tail off while the lobster is still alive. Then you rip off an antenna and from their head and ram it up the lobster's excretory track to clean out the digestive goo. Then you put the tail in boiling water. :slurp:

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
Flower'sChild said:
I am going to assume this is a joke also and that the other 2 post where you talked about FlowersChild was a joke as well. I really was not sure one way or the other.

Anyways Tampa ahhhh yes. When I go to DisneyLand I am going to go up to Tampa for a direct flight from Tampa to LA > My dad used to do some type of classes or something at Tampa. Not really sure what it was, but I will ask him. I gots to go to work I will try to post later if I have a chance to ask him about it :)

they are all jokes regarding you being a veg. Woody brought it around to the antenna being used to clear the ________ chute. (they work perfectly.) :fork:
let's lighten up the mood, they have explosive tips for spearguns. hit a shark with that and watch the fun. they're made of cartilage and kind of implode. sound travels weird underwater. :hurl: mmmm, shark.

Mmmeredith

Ralph Wiggum said:
they are all jokes regarding you being a veg. Woody brought it around to the antenna being used to clear the ________ chute. (they work perfectly.) :fork:
let's lighten up the mood, they have explosive tips for spearguns. hit a shark with that and watch the fun. they're made of cartilage and kind of implode. sound travels weird underwater. :hurl: mmmm, shark.

Way to lighten up the mood...Can tell you went to comedy school :rolleyes: . Just an etiquette note: It's rude to try to harass vegetarians by bringing up gross things that people do to animals. Vegetarians are the only group of people who take this extreme amount of harassment. We don't harass you, so please don't harass us. I really don't think Disney message boards are a place to deride people for: Religion, gender, ethnicity, race, nationality, native language, age, or beliefs. Mock people for their behavior, but don't try to pick on people for their beliefs.

That being said, this thread turned from a pleasant, fun thread into a truly disgusting, disturbing one. The thread is not for listing the gross things you have done/would like to do to animals, it is to list animals you've seen at WDW.

So, back on thread. There is a website that catalogs animals at Disney World. Here's the link: http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/WDW/Property/Secrets/Animals.html

Also, anyone else noticed that a LOT of vultures and hawks circle the AK savannah?

Flower'sChild

Mmmeredith said:
Way to lighten up the mood...Can tell you went to comedy school :rolleyes: . Just an etiquette note: It's rude to try to harass vegetarians by bringing up gross things that people do to animals. Vegetarians are the only group of people who take this extreme amount of harassment. We don't harass you, so please don't harass us. I really don't think Disney message boards are a place to deride people for: Religion, gender, ethnicity, race, nationality, native language, age, or beliefs. Mock people for their behavior, but don't try to pick on people for their beliefs.

That being said, this thread turned from a pleasant, fun thread into a truly disgusting, disturbing one. The thread is not for listing the gross things you have done/would like to do to animals, it is to list animals you've seen at WDW.

So, back on thread. There is a website that catalogs animals at Disney World. Here's the link: http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/WDW/Property/Secrets/Animals.html

Also, anyone else noticed that a LOT of vultures and hawks circle the AK savannah?

This was very well said, thank you :)

Flower'sChild

Ralph Wiggum said:
they are all jokes regarding you being a veg

That is just rude. Also this was after I was trying to be nice about it, by talking to you about Tampa. I was trying to be nice by seeing if we could have a friendly chat.

Woody13

You know I love that organic cooking
I always ask for more
And they call me Mr. Natural
On down to the health food store
I only eat good sea salt
White sugar don't touch my lips
And my friends is always
Begging me to take them
On macrobiotic trips
Yes, they are

Oh, but at night I take out my strongbox
That I keep under lock and key
And I take it off to my closet
Where nobody else can see
I open that door so slowly
Take a peek up north and south
Then I pull out a Hostess Twinkie
And I pop it in my mouth
Yeah, in the daytime I'm Mr. Natural
Just as healthy as I can be
But at night I'm a junk food junkie
Good lord have pity on me

Well, at lunchtime
You can always find me
At the Whole Earth Vitamin Bar
Just s u c k i n g on my plain white yogurt
From my hand thrown pottery jar
And sippin' a little hand pressed cider
With a carrot stick for dessert
And wiping my face
In a natural way
On the sleeve of my peasant shirt
Oh yeah

Ah, but when that clock strikes midnight
And I'm all by myself
I work that combination
On my secret hideaway shelf
And I pull out some Fritos corn chips
Dr. Pepper and an Ole Moon Pie
Then I sit back in glorious expectation
Of a genuine junk food high
Oh yeah, in the daytime I'm Mr. Natural

My friends down at the commune
They think I'm pretty neat
Oh, I don't know nothing about arts and crafts
But I give 'em all something to eat
I'm a friend to old Euell Gibbons
And I only eat homegrown spice
I got a John Keats autographed Grecian urn
Filled up with my brown rice
Yes, I do

Oh, but folks lately I have been spotted
With a Big Mac on my breath
Stumbling into a Colonel Sanders
With a face as white as death
I'm afraid someday they'll find me
Just stretched out on my bed
With a handful of Pringles Potato Chips
And a Ding Dong by my head
In the daytime I'm Mr. Natural

PeeplMoovr

I saw 7 pretty big wild turkeys there today.
And I've seen gators there in the past in some of the overflow ponds around Fort Wilderness.

And I consider some of the other Guests in WDW to be animals as well. :lol:

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
can anyone take a joke these days? blah blah, scream political incorrectness. AK had a very well known sense of the way of the land back when it first opened. some certain animals got around the 'natural' barricades and killed a bunch of the other. I won't name them by species, because I don't want to offend anyone.

barracuda bleed like pigs when you gaff them. then you have to clean your boat. what a pain.

but baby ducks are cool. :) especially the baby ducks that are born in the MK. they're 'Magical'.

BTW, muscovy duck breast with a nice teriyaki glaze is delicious.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom