what creppy, small, little animals or bugs you always run into?

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
now if you really want to help FLA wildlife, I donate to:

the Lowry Park Zoo

MOTE

The Florida Aquarium

and I donate money and my time to The Pelican Man Foundation.

back that up, veg's. who's insulting who?

Woody13

Ralph Wiggum said:
some certain animals got around the 'natural' barricades and killed a bunch of the other. I won't name them by species, because I don't want to offend anyone.
Go ahead. I think I speak for all my vegan friends when I say, we can take it.

Flower'sChild

I can take a joke yes. But many Vegetarians don't like it when others say stuff like " I killed this animal for food by cutting it's tail off " if it's said towards the person who is Vegetarian just because that person is Vegetarian. Even if it's just a joke many Vegetarians don't like it.

Also my name was talked about in 3 of your post's when you where having your little joke. I was trying to be nice about the whole thing and just wanted to have a friendly chat, but after you tell me how you hurt an animal for the third time in that post on top of the fact that you said all jokes where towards me since I am a Veg, well what did you expect ?

Anyways enough was enough. I don't really need to hear people tell me how they kill animals for food if they are telling me this just because I am a Vegetarian. We could talk about so many others things. We can joke about so many other things than this. Anyways let's just all get back to being friends :)

Woody13

Flower'sChild said:
Awwww this is such a cute thread. I love all living creatures. If I see a baby roach in my house I will get little toilet tissue or something to let it crawl on their and take it outside. I hate to kill any living creature. You see I am a Vegan, I don't buy products tested on animals, I don't eat eggs or dairy or meat, I don't buy stuff like wool or animal skins ect.

Seems like I have seen some cute little creatures at DisneyWorld such as lizards and bugs and stuff :)

I take no great joy in killing animals, but I kill thousands of them every day. I am not going to let termites destroy my house nor will I allow ants, cockroaches and other pests to cause me adversity. I use Integrated Pest Management (IPM) to keep a few steps ahead of damaging pests.

Heck, I have cats and I don't want fleas to invade my domain. I use insecticides and insect growth regulators to kill those fleas. If you desire to live with vermin, then that's your right. Also, certain drugs are made from animals. These animals are raised for the exclusive purpose of being killed so that their vital hormones and tissues may be harvested to save human life. Would you put the life a pig above that of a human being?

wdwjmp239

DisneyMissy said:
The lizards, which I think are so cute and those icky big black gross bugs! YUCK.

Those "icky big black gross bugs" you talk about are called "palmetto bugs" or otherwise known as the common, everyday, cockroach. The first time I saw one down here in Naples, FL, I was a little freaked out because I didn't know that bugs like that existed. The one I saw decided to take a stroll in our garage. He was a big sucker! He was about 2" or so in length and about a 1/2" in width. Needless to say, I took a broom and swept him back out into the grass in the front yard.

The lizards, when they're small, are fun to catch and if you catch one, have them clamp down on your ear lobe. LIZARD EARRINGS! :lol:

dvm

Woody13 said:
Dvm's description was good. I'll just add that some feral cats grow up in the wild and stay wild their entire lives. Some feral cats start out domesticated and as you point out are abandoned and then turn feral. Also as dvm pointed out, the behavior of feral cats is very unpredictable.

Woody - Thanks for the review and critique of my definition post on ferals.

Definition taken from Stedman's Medical Dictionary:

Feral - denoting an animal that is wild and untamed

Brian_B

My friends and I were walking on the concourse to WS from FW in epcot, and there was a HUGE turtle in the path, trying to get over into the pond that surrounds the odyssey center. After a minute the turtle had drawn a real crowd, mostly because noone had ever seen a turtle that big before...anyway, it was very hot that day and we were all worried that the big guy was going to cook on the pavement, but we were afraid to touch him. Then one lady just shrugged, picked the turtle up, and placed him gently on the other side of the fence, where he was evidently trying to get to...and that big sucker ZOOMED to the pond faster than any turtle I've ever seen. Guess he was grateful...

- Brian

Flower'sChild

Woody13 said:
I take no great joy in killing animals, but I kill thousands of them every day. I am not going to let termites destroy my house nor will I allow ants, cockroaches and other pests to cause me adversity. I use Integrated Pest Management (IPM) to keep a few steps ahead of damaging pests.

Heck, I have cats and I don't want fleas to invade my domain. I use insecticides and insect growth regulators to kill those fleas. If you desire to live with vermin, then that's your right. Also, certain drugs are made from animals. These animals are raised for the exclusive purpose of being killed so that their vital hormones and tissues may be harvested to save human life. Would you put the life a pig above that of a human being?

I myself use Vegans products to keep my house clean. I order online from places that don't test on animals and they have no animal parts in them ect. I am a pure Vegan by heart. What I mean is I do the best I can to respect all living creatures and I try very hard not to harm any of them. Now really no one can be a pure Vegan by action since we all have harmed some living creature. The idea is for me to try to do my best to love and respect and care for all living creatures. This is what Veganism is to me.

As for the drugs we have way too many drugs. I think part of this comes from what I call a bad diet and lack of good exorcise ect. Also I don't trust all these drugs they don't always work. You see I never said animals where more important than humans. I say Animals = Humans, just as Blacks = Whites and Woman = Men and Children = Adults I say Humans = Animals :)

That being said I can say that what happens to Animals in the name of Science is only one reason I don't like animal testing. Animal tests is just a waste of tax money, money that I pay for. It does not help humans at all. Alternatives to animal test work much better. I believe with all my heart and soul that we don't need animal testing at all and it's just something that is done for power and to make money ect. >

Woody13

Flower'sChild said:
I myself use Vegans products to keep my house clean. I order online from places that don't test on animals and they have no animal parts in them ect. I am a pure Vegan by heart. What I mean is I do the best I can to respect all living creatures and I try very hard not to harm any of them. Now really no one can be a pure Vegan by action since we all have harmed some living creature. The idea is for me to try to do my best to love and respect and care for all living creatures. This is what Veganism is to me.

As for the drugs we have way too many drugs. I think part of this comes from what I call a bad diet and lack of good exorcise ect. Also I don't trust all these drugs they don't always work. You see I never said animals where more important than humans. I say Animals = Humans, just as Blacks = Whites and Woman = Men and Children = Adults I say Humans = Animals :)

That being said I can say that what happens to Animals in the name of Science is only one reason I don't like animal testing. Animal tests is just a waste of tax money, money that I pay for. It does not help humans at all. Alternatives to animal test work much better. I believe with all my heart and soul that we don't need animal testing at all and it's just something that is done for power and to make money ect. >
So, if your child suffered from a deadly disease and yet could be saved if a dog or pig were killed, you would be against that?

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
we went to Seaworld today and man, I can't eat seafood in that park. it creeps me out. there's hardly anything more awesome than feeding the dolphins and getting to pet them. but if I had to, it's them before broccoli.

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
Woody13 said:
So, if your child suffered from a deadly disease and yet could be saved if a dog or pig were killed, you would be against that?

DNA-wise pigs are extremely close to humans. we graft body parts and use the them as live incubators. it's fascinating. plus, bacon tastes great.

I don't ever want to see any animal suffer, that makes me ill. but we've developed as onmivores, so pass the BBQ sauce and the salad dressing.

Steamboat_Kevin

I once had a close encounter with a massive bird in Frontierland. Had the thing been about an inch lower there would have been a messy head-on collision between it and myself.

WDWScottieBoy

Steamboat_Kevin said:
I once had a close encounter with a massive bird in Frontierland. Had the thing been about an inch lower there would have been a messy head-on collision between it and myself.

:lol:

While at the MK on Friday, was in Frontierland getting a turkey leg and had two black birds come right next to my head where their wings hit my hair. The ibis were all over that area, along with some ducks. Why were they there...because someone was feeding them crackers. And just a couple feet away was a sign that said "Do not feed the critters." :rolleyes: And then you have to worry about getting p00ped on from the birds up in the trees. I actually saw an ibis in a tree p00p on an ibis on the ground. :lol:

Flower'sChild

Woody13 said:

First of all I don't have children. Also with millions of pigs that are going to die anyways all they have to do is use them if they really need to use a organs from a pig. There is no need to just kill a pig or dog just for their organs with millions out their anyways.

Remember I said we don't need animals in testing. We for sure don't need to test drugs and chemicals and such like on them. As for using their organs with so many animals that will die anyways or that are allready dead they should use those first. The goal should be to get animals out of animal testing. What you are asking is if it came between saving one human or another human when both where going to drown If I did not do something but I could only save one ? So I don't know what I would do ?

Mmmeredith

Ralph Wiggum said:
can anyone take a joke these days?
Only if they're actually funny, which yours sadly are not (I don't laugh at Holocaust, racist, dead baby, or any other sort of disgusting joke either, if it makes you feel any better). They are especially heinous to post on a Disney board, as a) Disney loved animals and b) young people frequent this board. It isn't even entirely a matter of vegetarian vs. non-vegetarian. It's simply a matter of knowing what material is appropriate to post where. If you're going to be posting such things, post on the off-topic board with a warning in the title. Also, it's a respect issue. Posting what you've been posting, you've shown no respect -- especially for Flower's Child who was clearly trying to be the bigger person (I myself will not be bothering with such pleasantries).

I enjoy having mature discussions on this sort of thing, so as far as Woody13's question goes, I'll bite. If I had a child and killing one animal would save the kid, I would absolutely go for it. I would prefer if there were an alternate method, but I would go for it. Sadly, most animal testing is not saving anyone, however. While some animals have similar physiologies to humans, they are often not similar enough to predict any sort of human outcome. Also, many if not most animal tests have no medical value. It is testing to see what happens when animals swallow certain chemicals, or get the chemicals in their eyes. These tests are not used by doctors for treatment, but simply by the companies to determine whether or not they need the bottle to say "Do not consume," or "Avoid contact with eyes." I personally would avoid eating and/or spraying chemicals into my eyes with or without that warning. For the most part, the alternative tests that do not hurt animals are just as good if not better than animal tests. Here's some more detailed info: http://www.allforanimals.com/alternatives1.htm

And, staying on subject, I forgot to add that every year I see what I believe to be alligator snapping turtles. This year I witnessed a chase between two of them. They sure can move when motivated!

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
PEtA finally arrives, and not a moment too soon. I love animals, and cosmetic testing them is wrong. so is the fur trade. but lab experiments on animals are absolutely neccessary to further our lives. if it wasn't for experimentation on jellyfish, we wouldn't have certain answers to neurotoxins. but I guess they don't count, they don't have a brain, right? actually, I'm all for chemical testing on prison inmates to get a firm answer on the reactions, but then I'm the wrong one again, you can't do that to people. that would be wrong.....sigh.

Walt loved animals, I love animals.
Young people visit boards with content 50 million times less 'offensive' every day. and if I've offended you meredith, you must understand I do not care. move on. dig a hole and crawl into it, I don't care. Flower and I have contacted each other on the matter. if you want respect, stay out of other people's affairs.

and the Scarlet Ibis at Ak are magnificent. the majority of the Ibis at the parks are outsiders, not tagged nor treated by the park's staff. they're basically, freeloaders.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom