what creppy, small, little animals or bugs you always run into?

Tigger1988

Every trip I see this one particular HUGE mouse...and it wears clothes and dances around...he seems friendly...but man thats a huge mouse

:lol: :lol: sorry had to do it

Mmmeredith

Saw an armadillo the first time we went to WDW as the plane was landing. I was 5. It was thrilling. Also, of course, birds, bugs, lizards, squirrels, etc.

I can't believe people haven't mentioned the snails! They're all over at night at Coronado Springs. I can be found moving them to safety (I've done this with cockroaches, too, but shuddered the whole time).

At AK, I saw a baby cardinal that had fallen out of the tree (and its brave parents who stood around it) on a path. Thankfully, a cast member and some guests were surrounding it to ensure that nothing bad happened to the poor thing. If you're a bird and you've fallen out of a tree, I think AK is really the place to be.

Also, this year I saw a big, black quick moving snake (and someone in a suit trying to catch it) near the AK gates. Needless to say, I didn't stay around to see how that one turned out.

Everyone should be nice to animals. It's just cowardly to pick on something that has minimal defenses.

dflye

DisneyBunny said:
On the less cute and cuddly side of things, when we stayed at ASM last year it was apparently mating season for these little bugs. they must havre only been about a half inch long. they were stuck to each other, and they were all over the resort! It was so hard not to step on them all...
Yeah, those "love bugs" or whatever they are called are a nightmare when they are out in full force. :(

They can literally carpet every square foot of the parking lot trams, so that you either end up sitting on some of them, or have to brush them aside. Then they start landing on you once you get settled into a seat.

And the whole time, you only see them as couples stuck together, hardly see any single ones.

Flower'sChild

Dukeblue1016 said:
well I love animals, absolutely love them. A tarantula and a scorpion aren't an animal. Plus again, it honestly wasn't my idea. It was hideously disgusting though

Well the point is both a tarantula and a scorpion can feel pain even if you don't think they are animals. Anyways I am glad you did not like what your friends did and I hope your friends are not like this anymore. I respect ALL living creatures and love them very much. We should not cause them to feel pain just because we want to have fun and watch them fight.

Let me edit this to point out that I am very happy that you do love animals. It's good to hear about people loving animals.

diddy_mouse

Ugh! I can't stand those "love bugs"...when I use to live down there they creeped me out. Don't like seeing two bugs stuck together like that. Some of the other creatures I've spotted at WDW are the Disney Ducks:

One time we were at the bus stop at Coronado Springs and a mallard and his lady friend were walking around the bench quacking for a snack. The funny thing was, the female duck was quacking at the male like: "move along, they're not giving us anything." but the male was holding out. :lol:

Also, those lizards are quite abundant...I always see them skitter off into the bushes.

Flower'sChild

skippykitty said:
I've seen the lizards, dragonflies, the tall birds that eat parts of the turkey legs in frontierland (dont know what they are called), bunnies, ducks (baby ducks too), and the frogs in epcot. Last trip, there was a frog (decent size) trying to cross the path to get to the water. So, it didn't get stepped on b/c there were alot of people trying to walk, I stood in front of it until it reached its destination :) So cute :)

Awwwww that is so nice what you did

Mmmeredith said:
Saw an armadillo the first time we went to WDW as the plane was landing. I was 5. It was thrilling. Also, of course, birds, bugs, lizards, squirrels, etc.

I can't believe people haven't mentioned the snails! They're all over at night at Coronado Springs. I can be found moving them to safety (I've done this with cockroaches, too, but shuddered the whole time).

At AK, I saw a baby cardinal that had fallen out of the tree (and its brave parents who stood around it) on a path. Thankfully, a cast member and some guests were surrounding it to ensure that nothing bad happened to the poor thing. If you're a bird and you've fallen out of a tree, I think AK is really the place to be.

Also, this year I saw a big, black quick moving snake (and someone in a suit trying to catch it) near the AK gates. Needless to say, I didn't stay around to see how that one turned out.

Everyone should be nice to animals. It's just cowardly to pick on something that has minimal defenses.

Awwwwww and that was a very nice post as well
<!-- / message -->

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
skippykitty said:
the tall birds that eat parts of the turkey legs in frontierland (dont know what they are called), :)

those are great egrets. is freaks me out when they eat the turkey, it's kind of canniballistic.

Flower's Child should go out in the Gulf with us. it's lobster season, and to eat lobster, you have to kill them first. :) and the best bait for sharks are live stingrays hooked to the.....never mind. :fork:

mkepcotmgmak

mkepcotmgmak said:
UMMMMMM... AM I THE ONLY ONE CONCERNED WITH THE INFESTATION OF MICE AT WDW?

It's like they are at EVERY park... and they have creepy little smiles.... :lookaroun YOU CAN'T GO ANYWHERE WITHOUT SEEING THEM! :lookaroun

About the ducks at the MK... there was a mommy duck (yeah, i know, but it adds to the 'cuteness factor' of the story...) anyway, so there was a mommy duck, and about 5 little baby ducks... they were Huey, Luie, Dewie, Frank and Jeb. Anyway, they liked to come swim in the moat around Magic Carpets of Aladdin, and we never messed with them, because they ALWAYS knew when it was time to get out. They would usually never swim longer than 10-15 minutes, and then would get out, and walk out of Adventureland, in front of the treehouse... i say this like it happened all the time. i saw it twice.... haha (always before park opening...)

I USED THE WORD MOMMY in a post, and no one even says... "AWE"... should've eaten those ducks... :lookaroun

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
Universal/Islands of Adventure has dozens of cats living in the parks. we could catch some and release them around frontierland, that will take care of the baby ducks and bunnies. :fork:

mkepcotmgmak

Ralph Wiggum said:
Universal/Islands of Adventure has dozens of cats living in the parks. we could catch some and release them around frontierland, that will take care of the baby ducks and bunnies. :fork:

why are there so many cats, and do they stay hidden during the day?

ironic that universal has cats... the most evil creature on the planet... and wdw has cute little ducks and bunnies... how ... magical... LOL! :lol:

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
the problem is that UO doesn't have the property that WDW does. there are apartment complexes right on Kirkwood. there are PLENTY of places backstage to raise a family of cats. and there's a tremendous supply of food. but they forage at night.

Woody13

mkepcotmgmak said:
why are there so many cats, and do they stay hidden during the day?

ironic that universal has cats... the most evil creature on the planet... and wdw has cute little ducks and bunnies... how ... magical... LOL! :lol:
Feral cats are smart and they can hide from you day or night in places you would never think to look! WDW takes precautions to keep the feral cat population under control.

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
Woody13 said:
Feral cats are smart and they can hide from you day or night in places you would never think to look! WDW takes precautions to keep the feral cat population under control.

and it's best that you don't ask how. :)

NeedABreak

Tigger1988 said:
YES we saw one crossing the street...slowly...surprised the heck outta me

I had to coment on this one. I'm originaly from New Orleans and we have a joke that fits with this conversation.

Why did the chicken cross the road?
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

To prove to the armadillo it was possable!! haha :lol:

I hate palmento (sp) bugs. Why the fly near you it sounds like a little hellicopter! Anybody remember when they swarmed Fantasmic? that was a good thread.

There are some sort of little fatboddied, longleged, curved beak birds I've seen running lose in MK that I later saw in an exibit at AK. Evidently birds from Africa like french fries.

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
NeedABreak said:
There are some sort of little fatboddied, longleged, curved beak birds I've seen running lose in MK that I later saw in an exibit at AK. Evidently birds from Africa like french fries.

those are Ibis. the mascot of the U of Miami. according to legends, they are the last birds to leave before a hurricane and the first to return.

don't tell Flower'sChild...they eat fish...and scallops..and shrimp..

Flower'sChild

Ralph Wiggum since I am a Vegetarian I would have no need to eat Lobster or any living creature. Also I am well aware that some animals eat other animals I am not blind. Also I have heard about worse things happening to animals in the name of animal testing, trust me I am well aware !!!

NeedABreak

Ralph Wiggum said:
those are Ibis. the mascot of the U of Miami. according to legends, they are the last birds to leave before a hurricane and the first to return.

don't tell Flower'sChild...they eat fish...and scallops..and shrimp..

Arn't Ibis from Australia? Or am I thinking of somethign else?

***EDIT***
Oops, I am thinking of Kiwi. I was sorta dumb for a second there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom