What classic attractions would you not mind being replaced?

Figment632

Original Poster
Sometimes I feel like Disney keeps certain attraction around just because they are classic. Walt was always plusing and replacing stuff in DL. So what attractions would you not mind being replaced?

Here's mine

Small World: I find this to be scary that song, might have something to due with being forced to listen to that song for an hour once.

The Jungle Cruise: if you get a good skipper it's ok but I do not think it is ever an Eticket anymore even with a good skipper. My main problem is a good skipper is just to hard to come by.

Big Thunder Mountain: I think it is the most unthrilling Coaster I've been on.

The TL speedway: waste of space a huge Eticket could replace it.

Star tours: that type of simulator screams 80's i'd rather have a ride that wasn't a simulator it doesn't do Star Wars Justice

Thats a few what about you guys?

EPCOT.nut

I dunno - as just a regular park guest that's been going to WDW forever, I can easily say certain attractions are old and meh to me - like IASW or Peter Pan....but if I had kids I would be so psyched to have them ride the same rides that I loved as a kid.

That's why I can't mess with the classics. :lol: I would get rid of Stitch, though. :rolleyes:

toystorymaniacs

Sometimes I feel like Disney keeps certain attraction around just because they are classic. Walt was always plusing and replacing stuff in DL. So what attractions would you not mind being replaced?

Here's mine

Small World: I find this to be scary that song, might have something to due with being forced to listen to that song for an hour once.

The Jungle Cruise: if you get a good skipper it's ok but I do not think it is ever an Eticket anymore even with a good skipper. My main problem is a good skipper is just to hard to come by.

Star tours: that type of simulator screams 80's i'd rather have a ride that wasn't a simulator it doesn't do Star Wars Justice

I will give you that Star Tours is a little dated but not every ride WDW is not meant to be an E-ticket ride. Dumbo, (the OP stated it), Indy speedway, Small World, Big Thunder? These are part of the Disney experience that I would not anyone to miss out on. Yes, Disney has to change and grow but it also has to stay Disney.

bgraham34

I certainly would not remove Smallworld. I believe people should be tortured for decades to come. If anything should be tossed and thrown away never to be seen again it should be Stitch.

DisneyMom4

Here's mine

Small World:

The Jungle Cruise:

Big Thunder Mountain:

The TL speedway:

Star tours:

I think what you must remember is that Disney is for children of all ages. Most of the attractions that you mentioned may certainly not be thrilling for a 'grown-up child'. However, they are E-ticket rides for the young children.

Walt meant for his parks to be enjoyed by families together. That is why you will always have rides on either end of the spectrum - A ticket or E ticket.

PhotoDave219

Here's mine

Universal is just up I-4. Get off at Kirkland.

You're insane, really.

IaSM truly epitomizes Disney, way back to the Worlds Fair in NYC where it debuted.

JC is one of the funniest rides if you get the right skipper although all the ones i used to ride are no longer statused there.

Big Thunder - Great Coaster for those who need an introduction to roller coasters. Nice thrill ride and who can pass up a chance to have your girl get thrown into your lap? Amazing story and theming.

Speedway - What 5 year old doesn't want the chance to drive? Sure its not meant for anyone over the age of 12... so maybe the height requirement should be "No Adults."

In short, the parks aren't just for you. Its not about what you want. Its about having something for everyone.

Figment632

Original Poster
I'm not saying everything has to be an ETicket I love most of the classics but some of them like the dark rides in FL need to come into the 21st century. I'm not saying make them thrill rides. Thrill rides are nice but I can't handle to many of them thats why I don't go to Six Flags GA which I live 5 min from.

Small World I won't back down it is just terrible.
Star Tours: They could do better
JC: I'm not saying get rid of it but at least give me some of the cool effects from TDL and HKDL.

Speed way: I've always disliked even as a small child.
BTM: I'll give you guys that one it's okay for small children

Thrill Seeker

One thing that is great about Disney is that unlike Universal, they don't mess with the classics. Universal doesn't care what rides are considered classic or not, they will replace them anyway. Disney won't because they know people want to go on the classics. There are some rides that should and hopefully never will be replaced, including a few on your list there.

With that being said, two older attractions (I wouldn't really call them classics) that I think should be replaced are Snow White and Tomorrowland Speedway.

The Snow White ride rarely has much of a line and would be a prime location for say, the rumored Beauty and the Beast dark ride...

Tomorrowland Speedway really isn't that exciting. I liked it as a kid, but it took forever to get on the ride and it was over before you were ready for it to be. A regular go kart track is much more exciting... I would replace that with at least 1, maybe two new E-ticket rides that give Tomorrowland an added boost.

Thrill Seeker

Small World will not be replaced because it is from the World's Fair. Same with Carousel of Progress. Neither of those rides will ever go. I would like to see the refurb from DL come over though...

Star Tours just needs a new film and some enhancements. Now it's dated, but with a new film and some cabin effects, it would be awesome again...

Jungle Cruise just needs some new effects. That's all.

Dragonrider1227

I'd replace Winnie the Pooh with a unique ride about Mr. Toad's Adventures.....

wait.....

:lookaroun:lookaroun:lol:
NOOOOOO!!! *falls to the floor and twitches*
Honestly, a "classic" I wouldn't mind them replacing is Country Bears. I could never get into that
Also, I think rides like BTM make for good beginner coasters. I think the same for Space Mountain
Jungle Cruise and Star Tours don't need to be replaced. They just need better effects

jonnyc

I do hate IASW personally, but it is so infamous i can't see if being replaced. I could however see it being used as a torture device in the next Saw film.

The Speedway is not just for kids :lookaroun

Thrill Seeker

NOOOOOO!!! *falls to the floor and twitches*
Honestly, a "classic" I wouldn't mind them replacing is Country Bears. I could never get into that

That won't be replaced because they replaced the one in DL. It seems like if they do replace a "classic" attraction, they seem to keep it in the other park. Case in point: CoP is gone from DL and still at MK. CBJ is still here and gone from DL. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride is gone from here and still at DL. If they had to do that, why couldn't we keep Toad... :(

SirGoofy

Small World I won't back down it is just terrible.

Speak for yourself. There is nothing "terrible" about the attraction.

Star Tours: They could do better

Wait for 2.0.

JC: I'm not saying get rid of it but at least give me some of the cool effects from TDL and HKDL.

You do realize TDL's is pretty much exactly the same as ours, right? And the only thing vastly different in HK's is the ending with the battle of the gods, which doesn't fit with the tone of JC at all.

BTM: I'll give you guys that one it's okay for small children

BTM is by far the best Disney coaster. It has the best theming and story out of all of them.

Figment632

Original Poster
Ok the point of this thread is to see what if any classic attractions you would replace not to tell people why their choices are wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom