What attraction "grew" on you the most?

disney4life2008

Not a ride but a park. The Animal Kingdom has grown on me a lot. Prior to 2008, I had visited the park only twice since it opened (it was my least favorite park). But now, the Animal Kingdom is one of my favorite parks. Its laid back and I appreciate the authenticity of the different areas of the park and of course the animals. Plus, it is a wonderful place to be with your significant other (along with MK and Epcot).

Hollywood Studios has lost major points with me and still remains my least favorite theme park in WDW. The only aspect of the park I love is Fantasmic and Tower of Terror. And with the reduction of Fantasmic so that Disney could focus more American Idol may completly eliminate me from visiting the park.

CaptainAshley

Living With the Land! I used to hate being dragged onto that boat ride when I was a kid. It wasn't because of the pace or anything-- SSE and WoM/Horizons were my favorites when I was small. But now I look forward to The Land so much! I love the smells and all the little habitats you go through like the rainforest. I want to live on that fake farm with the chickens and dog someday too now lol.

Lisa_C

Dare I say this - COUNTRY BEARS! When I saw this for the first time I couldn't understand why my partner HAD to go and see this - now I return with the children and I love it!!! Needless to say my 13 year old winces and hides :-D

Courtney1188

I have three:

1. World Showcase. Admittedly, this might have something to do with the fact that I have now have my own money to go through the shops and but things in the different countries. Haha

2. TTA. Not sure why, it went from boring to a must-do over the years. Bit of a nostalgia thing for me.

3. Space Mountain. As a kid I was teased mercilessly about being scared of roller coasters. This one I could tolerate, so I would tough it out through the ride and pretend to love it. Now I actually do love it!

CBug88

I can't ever remember really 'dreading' going on an attraction at WDW growing up, but one of my least favorites was the Tiki Birds.

Now, although still not my 'favorite' (and I prefer the original version) it is a MUST DO b/c it was one of the attractions my parents visited on their honeymoon and one that they have done regiously on every visit, so my visits to WDW would not be 'complete' without a visit to the Tiki Birds.

LuLaSue

Living With the Land! I used to hate being dragged onto that boat ride when I was a kid. It wasn't because of the pace or anything-- SSE and WoM/Horizons were my favorites when I was small. But now I look forward to The Land so much! I love the smells and all the little habitats you go through like the rainforest. I want to live on that fake farm with the chickens and dog someday too now lol.

LOL...I love the Land now to. When I was younger I thought it was a real snoozer! :snore: Now, I love the smells and the air just seems differnt in this attraction.

marsrunner

The first couple of times I rode Test Track I thought it was very "meh". I was single and had LOVED the World of Motion ride, plus it seemed like "I just drove a car on the highway, why is this supposed to be fun again?"
Then this last trip I had my wife and kids with me and they loved it, especially my five year old daughter, so I began to see it through their eyes, and now I really like it.

Still like World of Motion better (grumble, grumble). :)

And it's a small world is the same way. My daughter loves and now I do too. Maybe I've grown older and less cynical?

Always loved CoP, TTA (thought I can't help but still call it the PeopleMover) and pretty much everything else.

WDW_Emily

i have a few

It's a Small World(i hated this when i was around 10)
SSE(i found this amazingly boring until i was about 12)
Back lot Tour(it was kinda an ehh if we have time we'll see it but it's movie up)
Winnie the Pooh
World Showcase(i used to HATE Epcot because of the world showcase then i skipped a year of Disney and went back when i was 15 and feel in love with world showcase. now i drag my sisters through it:))

One thing that will NEVER grow on me
Stitch's Great Escape(which is everything but a great attraction)

Prof. Aronnax

For me it has never been an attraction, but a couple of foods. Up until I started visiting WDWmagic, I hated, nay I loathed the notion of eating a smoked turkey leg. But having seen people rave about them on this site, I eventually tried one and now I'm hooked. Though, I will say where one of the best things to snack on at WDW is a fresh hot turkey leg, at least the outer crispy skin. One of the worst things is the inside of the turkey leg, where you sometimes get nothing but unrendered fat and those weird bones that spread out like the stays of some creepy alien girdle. Alas, I am somewhat conflicted when it comes to turkey legs.

The other food that has captured me is the Dole Float. Never even knew they existed until WDWmagic, and now I cannot go without indulging in at least one each trip.

Jasonflz

Stitch's Great Escape.... just kidding. :lookaroun

For me it was Pirates Of The Carribean. I was alway's terrified of that as a kid but now I love it.

3IAlienKid

Illuminations. For some reason, I just didn't care for it much the first time I saw it. But now it's all-time my favorite show of any Disney theme park.

PLeyava

Big Thunder Mountain, scared me so bad when I was young, now I love it!

Love Test Track a lot too. Yeah we all drive or have driven over 65 MPH, but have we done it on 55 degree angled turns? (more than Nascar by the way) No, we have not. =) Plus all the other tests make it a must do.

sueuk

"Paging Mr Morrow; Mr Tom Morrow "... what else but the T.T.A. - we love to sit back, rest our feet and relax roa a while ( and coward that I am, this is the nearest I'll get to Space Mountain!!)

PLeyava

"Paging Mr Morrow; Mr Tom Morrow "... what else but the T.T.A. - we love to sit back, rest our feet and relax roa a while ( and coward that I am, this is the nearest I'll get to Space Mountain!!)

Same for me until last year, now I love Space Mountain!

But yes, T.T.A. is a favorite of mine as well, just went on it today. =P

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom