What are your "waiting in line" pet peeves?

Ducky_Love

1.) I have a problem with tired children wanting to lean on me.. normally with their face on my behind. I always say, "Sweetie, I'm not your mommy." But the kids still want to lay all over me (I don't know WHAT is up with that-- I don't have / want kids). On one *very* hot and tired day I just took one big step and a kid leaning on my fell on his face.. The parents had the nerve to yell at ME! Nowadays I just put my husband behind me.. seems kids don't find his rump as inviting.

2.) **HATE** it when people smoke in line @ PI. I just can't stand it!

WDWCP

M:SpilotISTC12 said:
When people think they know everything about the ride when they dont know anything about it.

I.E A kid in line said that RnR went 75 MPH. When it only goes 60.

Exactly!

I was once in line where the lady in front of me was a local and was telling her "out of town" guests all about how the ToT was really about 300 feet high and how it was actually a hotel before Disney bought the land it was on. She then went into the big speach about how there used to be a sit down restaurant at the top of the place, but they had to close it because Disney didn't want all the guests to have such a view of all the backstage parts of the MGM Studios.

At first I thought she was just joking, but she was actually serious!

COME ON!!! Anyone with half a brain would know this lady is just trying to sound important when she doesn't know diddly!!

SpenceMan01

hcswingfield said:
A few years back, it seemed like everyone (except us) at the parks that week was from Indiana. The fourth or fifth day there, we were getting off the monorail at MK and suddenly the exit line just stopped. People who were in a hurry to get off the ramp started bumping into those ahead of them, lots of people were startled. As we got to the source of the bottleneck, I saw a large family group, in matching T-shirts, looking at a bunny rabbit in the grass next to the garden by the ramp. They all had their cameras out, and were taking pictures of the bunny. I said (more loudly than I had planned to) to my partner "I guess they don't have rabbits in Indiana." I thought the group behind us were going to wet their pants, they started laughing so loud!

You should have called them all Hoosiers. ;)

MiRi said:
Why would you take an iPod to a park? :rolleyes: Unless you are going by yourself and you want something to help you pass the time while you wait in line, that's okay... as long as you keep your music to yourself and don't bug others.

I don't know why. I pretty much only listen to Disney stuff on mine anyway.... so why listen to the iPod when you could hear it LIVE!

My pet peeve (in addition to all those mentioned already) is people talking during the preshows. In Jan. we were in the preshow room for Test Track and this jack*ss kept talking during the whole thing. When we finally got out of there, we ended up in a car with a couple from the city next to where I'm from, so that was kind of cool.

Let me ask this: Are people in 'wedding mouse ears' allowed a little kissy-kissy while in line? I'm not talking total make out session, but I mean, c'mon, you're obviously on your honeymoon. Isn't a litle bit allowed? What do you think?

WDWBro

Two Pet-Peeves That I Have (But Do Myself!)

1. Kids rubbing their hands down the marble door at RnR

2. Families that talk, laugh, and tell jokes pretty loudly

TimeTrip

KaliSplash said:
1. While I understand personal space and I don't violate that, the biggest thing that bothers me is people not paying attention to the fact that the line is moving.
So we're all standing there while someone is lost in their conversation or argument or cellphone call or whatever.

There's a flip side to this. A pet peeve of mine is when people get overly annoyed at you for not moving ahead quickly enough. Assuming you're not towards the front of the line, filling up that spot ASAP is not going to get you on any faster.

Another one: When a large party is just entering a line, and they have some stragglers left behind, the people ahead don't let you pass and you get stuck in between. So they get onto the line in front of you, then keep looking over their shoulder at the rest of their party, and tell them to come forward. Is it really that hard to wait 30 extra seconds for the rest of your party?

CoffeeJedi

WDWBro said:
Two Pet-Peeves That I Have (But Do Myself!)

1. Kids rubbing their hands down the marble door at RnR
YES! I TOO HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE THINGS THAT ARE PROVIDED TO THEM IN LINE TO RELEAVE BOREDOM!
2. Families that talk, laugh, and tell jokes pretty loudly
yeah! at DISNEY no less! why! i'm so appalled!!!!

seriously dude, lighten up

Not For Sale

SpenceMan01 said:
Let me ask this: Are people in 'wedding mouse ears' allowed a little kissy-kissy while in line? I'm not talking total make out session, but I mean, c'mon, you're obviously on your honeymoon. Isn't a litle bit allowed? What do you think?
It's okay in my book.

ELopez

Most of what has already been said would be on my list.

I would add people who get annoyed with my well-behaved children. I, too, am very frustrated with unsupervised kids, but my 3 daughters are definitely NOT unsupervised (my husband actually has to remind me to lighten up now and then because we're on vacation). My middle daughter has a sensory disorder that causes her to have minor balance & coordination problems. Once, after standing in line for about 30 minutes, Ana (around 3 at the time), fell into the lady in front of us. The lady got really mad. Otherwise, my girls had been delightful and they know the meaning of personal space! Honestly, if you don't like kids - vacationing at WDW may not be the best idea.

Laura

Premium Member
Original Poster
Heatherbell said:
Oh my god!!! My biggest pet peeve if them all!!! People who run right over to the other side of the room so that they can be first in line. Give me a break.

Hehehehe - I do that at Tower of Terror in the library. I always run to the back corner so I can be near the front of the line in the boiler room. I don't shove my way back there or anything, just if no one else is standing there yet I hussle over. :lol:

guwag

Talking about Line-cutting, I've was at DLP and once heard a mother telling her small kid to push/run further along the line so that she had a reason to follow them and hence skip some of the queue.

This family was French. They obviously heard my family and I chatting away in English so didn't bother to lower their voices at all.

Shame it didn't even cross her mind that I might actually understand every word she said :D
The look on their faces when I turned round to them and said "Don't even think about it" was absolutely priceless :lol:

tecowdw

nelsonj3 said:
Hey now! Not everyone from Indiana is like that. Some of us are actually pretty normal!! And, yes, we have rabbits in Indiana. And, I've never, ever worn matching shirts with my family upon going to the parks.
In fact, I have a group of rabbits in my Indiana back yard, nesting under the shed, that I'd like to ship to Florida!!

My pet peeves...all of the ones mentioned so far! ;)
See, some of us Hoosiers are normal!

BTW, there's always the annoying people that have to stop dead in front of you when you are in a moving crowd - because their inconcsiderate life is sooo much more important than anyone's around them!!
:fork:

And people that turn back and hollar for someone at the top of their lungs at the moment they are right in front of you!
:fork:

They all should be so lucky to be a civilized Hoosier, like myself!!
;)

boywonder

guwag said:
Talking about Line-cutting, I've was at DLP and once heard a mother telling her small kid to push/run further along the line so that she had a reason to follow them and hence skip some of the queue.

This family was French. They obviously heard my family and I chatting away in English so didn't bother to lower their voices at all.

Shame it didn't even cross her mind that I might actually understand every word she said :D
The look on their faces when I turned round to them and said "Don't even think about it" was absolutely priceless :lol:
They must of been a French Quebecker LOL

diddy_mouse

line pet peeves are as follows:

1. people that forget the line has advanced and just hang out chatting with their group. ten laugh: "oh, hah hah, guess we better move on up."

1a. the ones who *intentionally* do it. Example: my fiance and I were in line for SM and there was a group of high school/college freshman in front of us and this one dude kept holding up the line. He was sitting on the rail and actually looked back at the group of us scowling at him and smiled. I thought the lady and her husband behind us were going to jump the guy!

2. kids that swing on the chains/rails or run under the chains/rails at attactions like PhilharMagic. they are there for a reason!

3. people that have to be the FIRST out of the pre-show area and are willing to trample others to get there.

4. those god-forsaken double strollers. these are always the first ones to run up on your ankles.

DisneyRoxMySox

Everything mentioned, or most of it, I haven't read all of them. Have happened to me or some one I know.

A little off topic..but...I HATE it when people don't move all the way down the row!!! :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork:

DDuckFan130

diddy_mouse said:
l

3. people that have to be the FIRST out of the pre-show area and are willing to trample others to get there.

Sorry :lookaroun

:lol: I wanted to bring this one up because many people have mentioned it. I know my groups have always done it, but we're polite about it.

1) If there are people by the door of the ToT library, RnRc recording studio, or TT briefing room, we'll just move all the way down without pushing people and try to be close to the door. The flip side of this is that people think the line continues in the pre-show room, when it doesn't. You see so much space around you because people fail to fill in all available space. We do fill up all available space, and the closer we are to the door, the better :D.

2) As far as being the first ones out, yes we have done our little power walk out. However, that is if we're the ones by the door. We will never push anyone just to be the first ones out. The problem here also is what has been mentioned with HM..our parties get separated very easily. Now, either you go, or I go. I normally let you go, and let my party catch up to me. Sometimes, people are nice enough and return the favor and let me go. I would rather let 100 people go by me to let my party catch up to me, then have to push and shove my way through like I've seen so many times and have given dirty looks for. :)

diddy_mouse

oh one other one I forgot to add...

teenage girls wearing tube tops and little tiny mini-skirts, :zipit: I mean come on.....it's WDW. (also I see this a lot where I live and I just think it looks very very tacky)

sorry to drift somewhat off topic :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom