What are your disney TRADITIONS????

ChuckElias

One of our traditions is that when we arrive, our first evening meal is at Kona Kafe in the Polynesian. Then we sit on the beach and watch the fireworks with a Mickey Rice Crispy treat (if we're not totally stuffed). Fireworks on the beach is a GREAT way to start a vacation.

fizzle75

My wife and I both love Mickey's Philharmagic, it's one of our absolute favorite attractions, and we always like to end our last night at MK with one last visit to Mickey's Philharmagic. I don't care how many times we've experienced it during the week, we still have to do it one last time on our way out of the park. We always get choked up on our way out.

aeillill

Our main tradition is that Magic Kingdom has to be the first & last place we go to, and if we can we wait until the Kiss Goodnight to leave the Magic Kingdom.

Other than that we really don't have one, generally we'll ride the Haunted Mansion first.

sbkline

Last April was our first visit on property, so I don't know if this can be considered a tradition yet, although we can certainly make it a tradition for all future visits...we stayed at POR and had sparkling grape juice in the gazeebo in front of the river. Unfortunately, we forgot to pack the glass goblets, so we had to settle for the plastic cups from the room. But I have already put the glass goblets in the backroom with the other prepacked stuff for the trip and we bought the sparkly last night and plan to have our drink in the gazeebo again next month when we visit POR again.

On future trips that may not be at POR, we'll probably find another place to have our sparkling grape juice, so I guess I can call this a tradition that we have just started on last year's trip and continuing this year and on all future trips.

wvdisneyfamily

We are always there to watch the park open...I've always felt like it sets the tone and the mood for the whole day...I think it helped our daughter maintain good behavior for most of the day when we would go because of this (she was 2 and then later 3).

Not really a tradition, but we would either eat sandwiches and drink pop (well she drank water) from our own cooler at Ariel's Grotto (we always appreciated Disney allowing this) or we would eat at uh.....ok...my mind just drew a blank.....Harbour House??? Where they have the Starboard Deck sandwich, I think that's Harbour House. We always enjoyed doing either one of those.

We also just didn't feel like it had been a "normal" trip to Disney unless my hubby and I watched people eating HUGE turkey legs in the 100 degree Florida sun.....it just doesn't seem right. We loved watching people eating those things and trying to stay cool at the same time..it's just funny to us.

That said...I've secretly wanted to try one but just never did...I either wasn't hungry or was too hot or something or other!!!

I've always thought that was slightly dangerous/gross:hurl: in the hot summer sun. However, secretly, I've always wanted to know what they tast like, too. :lookaroun Someone once said they taste like HAM.

Always stick our hands out the window and scream first on disney property when we cross under the sign!

Last day always say goodbye to Mickey and Walt in front of the castle and say see you next time:ROFLOL:

You've inspired me! :sohappy:

E102_Gamma

Head to DisneyQuest, play the games there which are always fun, not to mention head over to the Contemporary and get start winning some tickets to get something for my mom :D

Another, head over To Epcot to the Advance Training Lab to play Mission Space Race :sohappy:

ChrisQ

My family's favorite traditions: DTD on the first day, Dole Whips, French pastries, and visiting the Mitsukoshi Department Store.

OK, let's be honest...WDW is our family tradition... :cool:

Always stick our hands out the window and scream first on disney property when we cross under the sign!

When we were kids and our parents had an RV and drove it to Fort Wilderness, my brother, sister, and I would run to the back of it to see who could be the last to leave WDW!

diddy_mouse

1. First day is always MK and we stay til closing. There we take our picture with Walt and Mickey, followed by riding Pirates. Must ride Pirates first thing...it's what we rode after DH proposed.
2. Epcot always starts the second day.
3. We do at least one nice, sit-down-dress-up dinner.
4. I always leave WDW with at least one new plush character.

jmenjes

My first and last full days are spent at MK. The first ride attraction I hit on the first day is Splash Mountain, and my last ride on the last day is the TTA.

radiohost

Original Poster
I just got back from my trip just awhile ago and another tradition I love doing is going to downtown disney on the night i get there

Radiohost:cool:

We always go to Epcot the first day we get there but last year we went to Magic Kingdom because we had my 3 and 8 year little cousins with us and we wanted them 2 experiance the magic first at Magic Kingdom. Anyway, when we get to Epcot we always ride SSE and now that Soarin is our new addition to the park, we head over there 2 the land. Finish up that side of the park then head 2 World Showcase...Okay, now Im getting excited over here...

DDEPILLO

first I go to DownTown Disney and Have a beer and eat at the rainforest cafe the its straight to the contemporary to get on the monorail, ride that to the Magic Kingdom then right to the Haunted Mansion. And I will Be doing this again in April 2009 :sohappy:

Since1994

We ALWAYS ride It's A Small World(worst tradition ever) :brick:

-Chris-

Your not alone! Doesn't matter how long the queue is, we have to ride it. And end up singing "Its a small world after all, its a small small world" until we get on the Carousel of Progress! "Its a great big beautiful tomorrow..." :ROFLOL:

Ilovewishes

On the first day, we always dump our stuff in our room, have a quick shower then head out to Downtown for some tea. All this time, I'm pleading to go to MK instead of Downtown and watch Wishes but DH is firm and stands his ground. We always have a McDs on that first night then have a quick browse round the shops until we are exhausted then go back to our room.:snore:

We HAVE to have a soft serve from Mrs Potts ice cream (or Ma Potter as my DH insists on calling it!:shrug:)

Our Fantasmic traditions are to go to the Writer's Corner and get a Choc Chip cookie for DH and a Choc Chip muffin for me and have a quick nose around the shop while DH pays. Then, we go to get our seats about an hour before the show starts and I write out any postcards whilst we wait. We also eat one quarter of the cookie / muffin at 15 minute intervals while we wait for it to begin.:slurp:

Finally, the day before our last night, we watch Fantasmic one last time and on our last night, we have to watch Spectromagic and Wishes and we have to leave with the Castle being the last thing we see. Makes me cry every time!:cry:

Although we were thwarted on our last trip! Both Fantasmic and Wishes got rained off on our last two nights! I was so upset!:fork:

On the first day we ALWAYS go to McDonalds at Downtown Disney for Breakfast. I love the american breakfast menu, though that tradition is currently being threatened after we found Cracker Barrel last year

Highland_Holly

10 y.o. DS is writing this:

My favorite tradition is to go to Fantasmic at night and see the fabulous fireworks and the grand Disney show!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Me writing this:

My "must do" traditions are (1) Hoop De Doo Revue, (2) Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern, (3) carry out from the Pattisserie in France... watching Illuminations and eating quiche is wonderful! :) Funny how so many of our traditions revolve around FOOD! LOL

Holly

jonesenon4

:sohappy:we dont have a traditional first park we go to but we do have first day traditions for each park.

mk: first ride potc lunch pecos bills
epcot: spaceship earth sunshine grill foodcourt in the land
disney studios : breakfast at starring rolls then the great movie ride
animal kingdom : kilamanjaro safari then flame tree for lunch.
so as you can see regardless of what park we go to the first day we still have a first day tradition 4 days in a row.:sohappy:

next trip dec.9 thru dec.14

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom