What are you looking forward to on your next trip?

dixiegirl

Ok just like the title asks...Whether its tomorrow, next week or next year. What are you looking forward to doing on your next trip to Disney World?
Me, A little of everything...LOl! No actually being able to have my nephew and wife vacation with us, its been a while and I know my girls are looking forward to it too! Can't wait to get to our home resort of SSR, check out the new pool in the Paddocks, or just to see how things are progressing in Fantasyland!
I can't wait to eat at Chef Mickeys or Rainforest Cafe, Or just to catch the Electric Light Parade...we caught it last year for the first time , and well LOVED it!
Oh and hoping this year my 7 year old can ride RR....
Yes I could go on and on, but I was just curious what everyone looks forward to on their upcoming trip!

eddiemcgarrigle

The excitement displayed by my son when he sees his transformation into a skeleton pirate at the Pirate's League when we go in May. Then it's on to a few more Yo Ho's as we ride the ride (you know which one). ;)

Upvote 0

EvilQueen-T

Our upcoming September trip with our 25-year-old daughter will be, by family agreement, our last vacation with just the "3 of us." We're pulling out all the stops for the trip, and we're looking forward so much to all of us "just being kids together" for one last time, enjoying everything and basking in the memories of past happy times in the World.

What I'm looking forward to the absolute most - and dreading at the same time - is standing on Main Street at the end of the day, and hearing Jiminy Cricket sing "When You Wish Upon A Star." I will lose it big time, I know I will. Sure hoping that the "Making Memories" projection hasn't messed up the fabled "goodnight kiss" from the Castle.

my kids are around the same age as yours (22 & 27) and i know what it's like when you realize you're probably taking that last trip as the family you've been for so many years so embrace it but i will tell you how absolutely fantastic your future will be when you start going as just a couple or when you start going as the grandparent. it opens up soooo many more new magical experiences i promise!!!

Upvote 0

Skippy's Pal

my kids are around the same age as yours (22 & 27) and i know what it's like when you realize you're probably taking that last trip as the family you've been for so many years so embrace it but i will tell you how absolutely fantastic your future will be when you start going as just a couple or when you start going as the grandparent. it opens up soooo many more new magical experiences i promise!!!

Thanks for those kind - and hopeful - words!

Upvote 0

EvilQueen-T

Thanks for those kind - and hopeful - words!

i just know how hard it was for me with those same types of changes but since we've gone through that transition we've had all adult all girl trips like my sister and i with just our daughters or just us adult siblings (that was like a week long bachlorette party lol), trips with just my husband and myself that we approach like a honeymoon, big extended family trips that we'd not done before, and on aug 14th just my granddaughter and i are going just the two of us for 4 days for the first time. i've had soooo many more and different types of experiences at disney since my family dynamics started changing that it makes wdw a totally different type of vacation depending on who i go with. my daughter will be 22 in september and has asked that for her birthday she and i do a day at epcot during f&w...which neither of us has ever done before so...YEAH another new disney experience to add to the list.

Upvote 0

PartOfYourWorld

Looking forward to:
just being in Disney and soaking up all the surroundings
wearing shorts and warmer weather! (we've gone in Jan for the past 4 years)
First MNNSHP
First Food & Wine Festival
Magic Kingdom's 40th Anniversary! :)

Can't wait to go in 57 days!

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

Original Poster
Getting away from pumping our basement.......TOO MUCH RAIN

Oh I so understand ! Last year here in RI we, although our pump was running like crazy, we had areas in our state that were so low due to all the rain( many people lost their homes and such), our local mall, now is just getting up to par but many businesses (disney store included) never came back. My mother in law got 5 feet of water in her basement...thats insane! many places are still recovering. I get you though!! Its so nice to get away from reality.....I even don't mind watching the news out in orlando......colorful ...oh yes!!!
But I just love being in the land of make believe!....oh and Ghiridelli's!

Upvote 0

dmatt87

I'm looking forward to...

EVERYTHING!!! :sohappy:

This is our first trip and our honeymoon - and I'm going bonkers :hammer: just imagining all the cool stuff there!!!

We will be at the CSR from August 20 to 28 :cool:

Upvote 0

britdaw

Ummm, EVERYTHING!! Seriously... It will be my girls' first time ever being there, and this is a trip we've been trying to do since my oldest (who will be 9 when we go) was 3. I cannot wait to see their faces light up when they see that castle for the first time, and I can't wait to see how much it's changed since I was there when I was a little kid. :)

Upvote 0

rcapolete

The two things i am most looking foward to are staying in the Yacht club again. The last time i stayed there was when it had first opened and they still had the trams that went from the B&Y to the Swan and Dolphin then took you to Epcot. They actually issued you a card that said you were a guest of one of these hotels and the driver checked it eveytime.

The other thing is finally going on Everest. Last time i went DS was too small by about 1 1/2 inches i felt bad about going on it without him and the time before that they were just building the ride.

Upvote 0

KnightRonin

Long Wait - Hopefully Worth It.

My family and I (wife, 2 sons, 1 daughter) had been passholders for years. , Finances, school, and a little bit of apathy began getting in the way, and we gave up our Seasonal passes two years ago.

We've since had Universal passes (fun for a few months) and spent a day in Disneyland Paris (fun for what it was). We miss Disney on nearly every level and usually go every other month to Downtown Disney just to get a little fix.

Preamble aside:
Even with school and finances shaping up, we are still waiting. When the brunt of the Fantasyland expansion is finished and other improvements are done. So, it's looking like 2013 for the five of us.

Things I'm most looking forward to:
  • Sci-fi Dine In - I tolerate the food, but LOVE the atmosphere of the place.
  • New Fantasyland - I'm only a little bit worried about how this will impact MK's flow, but it still looks like a fun addition.
  • Star Tours II - Star Wars nerd-love must be satisfied.
  • The little seating area behind Yakitori House - this is our relaxation spot. Quiet and calm, a perfect place to chill and figure out what to do next.

All in all, my whole family is looking forward to returning, but we'll just have to tough it out for another year and a half.

Upvote 0

boilerpicc

I'm looking forward to so many things:

- Riding the Magical Express for the first time with my whole family
- Celebrating my brother's and his wife's 1-year anniversary
- Shamrocked Guinness before noon
- "In tonight's episode you are the star, and this elevator travels directly to the twilight zone"
- New Haunted Mansion line

And most of all...
- NEW STAR TOURS!!!!!!

Upvote 0

laxchik18

Everything

great food, great people, my grandma, my sunt,uncle and cousins, staying at the villas at wilderness lodge for the 1st time!, rides, souvieners, just being in DISNEY!!!! 14 days!!!:):ROFLOL::p:wave::animwink:;):lol::D:sohappy::slurp::king:

Upvote 0

Minnie1976

Just being there. The atmospshere, escape from reality, trying the new snacks on my list; eating at new restaurants and favorites. Going on my favorite attractions - riding the monorail. Just being alive and able to go one more time.

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

I am beyond excited, but nervous for a few reasons...

Positives:
Honeymoon Trip (with tenative) schedule of July 9th, 2012---> 11 or 12 nights
Length of Stay... Casual schedule, dedicated photograph days (I am a semi-professional photographer)
Celebration of My Marriage

Cons:
July... heat, crowds, Brazillians
Money... 12 nights is damn expensive, but you only get married once right?
One last one, Money lol

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

Original Poster
I am beyond excited, but nervous for a few reasons...

Positives:
Honeymoon Trip (with tenative) schedule of July 9th, 2012---> 11 or 12 nights
Length of Stay... Casual schedule, dedicated photograph days (I am a semi-professional photographer)
Celebration of My Marriage

Cons:
July... heat, crowds, Brazillians
Money... 12 nights is damn expensive, but you only get married once right?
One last one, Money lol

AHHH but nothing like celebrating a Honeymoon in Disney!!! We did that 15yrs ago , and it was one of our best trips down!!!! We'll actually be celebrating while we're down there, in 17 days. But Money, I think that will always be a big thing...But remember you only(well hopefully) have one honeymoon, all the stress that i'm sure you and your "wife to be" have gone through planning a wedding you need the breather!!! And what better place than at DISNEYWORLD!!!!
Go and have a blast , just the two of you, take mega pics and video !!!! Cause before you know it, you may be back years later with some little ones yourself......And that is a whole lot more money ( well up untill they can ask for something , LOL) , but so worth it and the memories!!!

Congrats to you and your fiancee!!!

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

Original Poster
And can I just say that i never thought I'd hit 100 posts with this topic!! It just started with "uh you know what I can't wait for" with my two girls!!

Breakfast right now at Disney, in the Magig Kindom, yeah that sounds good, getting something yummy from the Bakery on Main st, and sitting there on the side and just taking everything in, the sounds and sights!!! Yeah now thats what I'm looking forward to , well right at the moment anyway(but my coffee , is so much better!)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom