What are you looking forward to on your next trip?

dixiegirl

Ok just like the title asks...Whether its tomorrow, next week or next year. What are you looking forward to doing on your next trip to Disney World?
Me, A little of everything...LOl! No actually being able to have my nephew and wife vacation with us, its been a while and I know my girls are looking forward to it too! Can't wait to get to our home resort of SSR, check out the new pool in the Paddocks, or just to see how things are progressing in Fantasyland!
I can't wait to eat at Chef Mickeys or Rainforest Cafe, Or just to catch the Electric Light Parade...we caught it last year for the first time , and well LOVED it!
Oh and hoping this year my 7 year old can ride RR....
Yes I could go on and on, but I was just curious what everyone looks forward to on their upcoming trip!

dixiegirl

Original Poster

5)last but definately not least,i am bound and determined to find the ever saught after grand marnier slushie

Oh yeah Grand Marnier orange slushie...they are yummo and worth the money....the Grey goose lemon slusie is good too, but I love the Grand marnier......

yeah thats on the list too!

Upvote 0

Doombuggy13

1) The new Haunted Mansion Graveyard, and Grim Grinning Ghosts.
2) Star Tours II
3) Summit Plummett
4) Our first Dinner at Yak & Yeti
5) Riding Hollywood TOT with all my kids. (My oldest is joining us on our trip this year and my youngest is finally tall enough to ride!, Yes!)

27 DAYS TILL WE ARE THERE!!!

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

I'm looking forward to many rides on Test Track. Meandering through World Showcase and knowing that when my vacation is through I don't have to go back to work since I RETIRED!

Upvote 0

Lucille

I'm looking forward to my next Disney Trip in Disneyland! 2 years away though.... :lookaroun But still I've never been.

Hooray for Disneyland!! Disneyland park is easily my favorite Disney park.

I'm looking forward to many rides on Test Track. Meandering through World Showcase and knowing that when my vacation is through I don't have to go back to work since I RETIRED!

Don't get your hopes up too much. I heard a rumor that Test Track may be down for some sort of renovation in early 2012.

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

Looking forward to staying at the Poly for the first time!!! Also, our first MVMCP, first time @ 'Ohana and my sisters first time seeing the parks and resorts done up in their Christmas decoarations!!! Soooo excited!!! :)

Upvote 0

DisneyRunner

Just about anything. Pin trading. Eating at some of our favorite restaurants. Returning to POP after some years away and trying the Mom's TV dinner. Trying Typhoon Lagoon for the first time. DTD. Riding Disney transportation. Resort hopping. Outlet mall shopping. I could go on and on.

Upvote 0

EaglesfanNJ

Ok just like the title asks...Whether its tomorrow, next week or next year. What are you looking forward to doing on your next trip to Disney World?
Me, A little of everything...LOl! No actually being able to have my nephew and wife vacation with us, its been a while and I know my girls are looking forward to it too! Can't wait to get to our home resort of SSR, check out the new pool in the Paddocks, or just to see how things are progressing in Fantasyland!
I can't wait to eat at Chef Mickeys or Rainforest Cafe, Or just to catch the Electric Light Parade...we caught it last year for the first time , and well LOVED it!
Oh and hoping this year my 7 year old can ride RR....
Yes I could go on and on, but I was just curious what everyone looks forward to on their upcoming trip!

Nice thread idea Dixie!

For me and my upcoming trip in September/October, i'm looking forward to 3 things specifically...

1) My little girl is now 3, and she is starting to "get it" if you will. She knows the princesses, talks about them all of the time, sees the castle on TV and knows that's Cinderellas castle. I'm looking forward the most to seeing her reaction this trip, and living the trip through her. Her first trip she was only 1 year old, obviously knew nothing about what was going on. This time we've made appointments at Bippity Boppity Boutique for her too. So i'm looking forward to seeing my wife/daughter enjoy that time together making memories.
2) My little boy is only 9 mo's old at time of trip. Obviously, his 1st trip. I'm looking forward to just holding him and wandering around taking in the sights/sounds/smells of WDW with my boy. He'll have no idea what's going on, but i'm ok with that. He would not remember a trip to the jersey shore either which is also quite expensive, so i throw that logic out of the window.
3)My wife and I celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary October 15th, even though we won't be down there for the anniversary, i'd like to do something special with her.

Upvote 0

Mukta

My next trip is only 43 days away!

I am taking a newbie, so I am looking forward to showing everything to her.

We are eating dinner at 6 Signature restaurants and we are very excited about that.

I can't wait to check into the Beach Club again. I have really missed being there.

The ride I have been thinking about the most is Living with the Land. I love riding it at night and plan to ride it several times during evening EMH.

I am also craving a margarita from La Cava del Tequila. Can't wait to sip on that again!

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
My next trip is just a quick day trip and more than anything I am just looking forward to seeing our friends that we have not seen since last Christmas. The fact that we will be at Disney as well is just a bonus.

Upvote 0

NYwdwfan

I was there in December for the frigid cold snap so for next trip I am looking forward to not wearing 17 layers and being able to swim in the pool!!!

Upvote 0

PineapplePrincess

We are taking DD13's friend who has never been. I'm looking forward to sharing our love of the World with someone new!
We have taken 5-6 day trips for the last few years, so I'm looking forward to relaxing a bit more on this 9 day trip! We will be trying Via Napoli for the first time, and plan to do the Behind the Seeds tour!

Upvote 0

twinnstar

im looking forward to FINALLY seeing the Beauty and The Beast show, cause no one ever wants to go with me!!!!!!! But ill be solo, so its all about me! woo! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Maddog57

Stormalong Bay Baby

Looking forward to Stormalong Bay! We are checking in at the Beach Club Villas on September 4th. We are DVC members with home resorts at BWV and AKL. Back in 1997 my sons and I would walk around the lake from the BWV and swim in Stormalong Bay. Of course that ended around 2001 with the fence so I was very excited to be able to get into the BCV at the 7 month window. Can't wait!

Upvote 0

Tomi-Rocket

I enjoy spending time just the four of us away - no phones, no games, no tv. And we're in WDW, what could be better? As for the "little" things - MM rice crispy treats, RNRC, ToT, EE and eating out for a week! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

Original Poster
Nice thread idea Dixie!

For me and my upcoming trip in September/October, i'm looking forward to 3 things specifically...

1) My little girl is now 3, and she is starting to "get it" if you will. She knows the princesses, talks about them all of the time, sees the castle on TV and knows that's Cinderellas castle. I'm looking forward the most to seeing her reaction this trip, and living the trip through her. Her first trip she was only 1 year old, obviously knew nothing about what was going on. This time we've made appointments at Bippity Boppity Boutique for her too. So i'm looking forward to seeing my wife/daughter enjoy that time together making memories.
2) My little boy is only 9 mo's old at time of trip. Obviously, his 1st trip. I'm looking forward to just holding him and wandering around taking in the sights/sounds/smells of WDW with my boy. He'll have no idea what's going on, but i'm ok with that. He would not remember a trip to the jersey shore either which is also quite expensive, so i throw that logic out of the window.
3)My wife and I celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary October 15th, even though we won't be down there for the anniversary, i'd like to do something special with her.

Nothing like seeing it through the eyes of a child! I loved when our oldest who is gonna be 11 was at that age of 3...That was it, princess everything!!! Yes had to spend lots of moolah on the BBB but to see their face and their excitement ......That right there is priceless....It goes by way to fast!!! And no matter what people say , yes they may not remember at an early age, but you do and those are priceless as well!!!
Oh and happy Anniversary, get yourself and your wife an anniversary pin while your down there, why not?! Your in Disney, why not celebrate it!

So glad I started this thread!

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

I can't wait for...

- the cake we're going to have Chef Brian make for us for DD4's 5th bday breakfast at Chef Mickey's
- DD4/5 finally being tall enough (just barely) to ride some of the big rides (she just hit 40")
- my belated bday dinner at California Grill
- trying out my new tripod and remote for my camera
- the girls finding out that we're doing 7 character meals including pre-park opening at Crystal palace and both main princess meals :king:
- the girls seeing all of their surprise outfits/gifts/shoes/mouse ears
- our first trip to Le Cellier
- AND MOST OF ALL...that moment where the BIG SURPRISE is revealed... when we drive through the main gate and the girls realize where we are :D

Upvote 0

gccgrad1996

We took my second daughter when she was 1 and everyone said we were crazy she will never remember it, but I do. I can still remember her running to every character and not wanting to let go (yes running she walked when she was 8 months). I figured she was free, so it was a win win for me and my memories.
And from someone who grew up at the Jersey Shore, you are right they wouldn't remember that either and it isn't much cheaper to rent a house for a week. Plus dealing with beach sand and the cargo you bring for a baby to the beach, no thanks. Give me a Disney pool any day!!!

PS. My girls loved the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique, one was 7 and the other was 4 when they went a few years ago. And I loved watching them in their glory being treated like a princess. :)

Nice thread idea Dixie!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom