What are the "strange" things you look forward to?

Pooh Lover

Since the original request was for "weird" things, I'll give you one. I love to go to this site http://www.orlandoairports.net/arrive/index.htm because my trip REALLY begins when I step off that plane and go thru the airport!

Besides driving "under the arches", I think its the WDW smells that do it for me. Each resort, ride and form of transportation has its own familiar smell (be it good or bad) which give me that "I'm home" feeling.

jeffk410

Original Poster
smells...it seems to be a consistent theme. WDW has so many distinct smells. Rome in SE, the SM water, the HM smells musty, oranges in Soarin', the smells on the Boardwalk-like the bakery...I could go on. We are from Michigan, and I swear just the smell of Florida air is wonderful. As soon as we step off the plane, I can see my husband relax...and that in itself is heaven. :animwink:

Can't wait till October...

I love how you said that WDW has so many distinct smells, which it does. I always try to find the smells everywhere
!

jeffk410

Original Poster
This is an awesome thread!

Hmmm...the things I look forward to most are:

• Seeing the Welcome sign for the first time.
  • Seeing ToT in the distance after passing the Welcome sign.
  • Dinner at DTD on our first night...It's very relaxing.
  • The first view down Main Street.
  • The smell of the Bakery at MK...Heaven on earth!
  • Getting in line for Pirates for the first time.
  • SPLASH MOUNTAIN!
  • Eating a Caesar Salad at Cosmic Ray's.
  • The "cold" feeling you get while on HM.
  • Seeing Obama at HoP!
  • Doing TTA at night to relax.
  • Crying during the Finale of Wishes! :sohappy:
  • The warm air you feel just before you drop on ToT.
  • The AI Experience!
  • The fog in the Alien scene of GMR.
  • Sci-Fi Dine-In
  • Sorcerer Mickey's in Fantasmic! (I watch youtube vids of this all the time!)
  • Being right under SSE.
  • The smell inside SSE.
  • The breeze you feel while riding Soarin'.
  • The smell of burning rubber on Test Track.
  • The trolls on Maelstrom.
  • Dinosaur!
  • Laughing with my family as we are jerked around on Primeval Whirl (This is probably the most fun ride do do as a family, since the cars hold 4!)
  • Eating the Jalapeno Cheese stuffed Pretzel at AK.
  • Hoping that I don't get wet on Kali! :D
  • That bittersweet "last" moment in the park when you know you are gong home the next day. :cry:

haha you got into this thread!!
Love it!

thepol

Favorites Include: (in no particular order)

1. "Back, back over the falls with you!" Normway Ride in Epcot
2. The monorail Spanish phrase
3. Ghiradelli's - Delicious!
4. Riding the Friendship Boats from POFQ to DTD
5. Eating and Smelling a tasty Turkey LEG!!!
6. Getting on the MAgical Express BUS - only a little longer till we're there!
7. Mouse Gears!

disney1077

riding on the dme to the resort, seeing the welcome sign, checking into the resort, having a mickey ice cream sandwhich, hearing the people scream on splash mt. when they make that big drop and get soaked, having the cheese pretzel from wetzel pretzel at Downtown Disney, when the cast members at your resort say "welcome home" and you take that first step into your room and realize you are home it is such a great feeling.

Tidbit

Haha I could watch the WDW Top 7 Must Sees loop forever xP, it was always on when we were in the hotel room. Either that or the channel with the retro cartoons.

wow I forgot about that....:ROFLOL:.......that's the first & last thing we do, usually while we get ready for the park or bed..... we watch the "Top 7 must see loop" everyday of our trip.

papercut

My favorite part of every trip is seeing my wife cry :cry: when we first get there because she's so happy. If we still at AKL, the lobby always does it.

flyer31

Just one of the strange things I look forward to is the voiceovers on the busses....I know, odd...there is also the tram at the airport...and the smell on PotC.

fbp

All these posts are getting me through the next 203 days!!

Aside from all of everyones elses posts I would add......

Epcot, France, Grey Goose Slushie..........enough said!

Where can I buy a Grey Goose Slushie?

One strange thing I really look forward to is the smell of the soap they provide at the hotels. Well, at least they provided it at the All Star Music resort last year. The round white bars with the Mickey imprint. It smells different than the soap I buy for my home.

Pure Disney Clean. :animwink:

mousebymarriage

I know it's weird but I look forward to:

-shopping for toiletries and misc. items
-packing
-that first look at the archway in the distance(I tear up every time)
-the smell of the polynesian
-riding the monorail(sometimes we stay on it and just ride it around a few times)
-walking through the turnstiles for the very first time
-hearing the music on CoP
-kicking my kids butts on Buzz
-sharing a turkey leg with my son while we people watch
-walking around DTD at night
-the smell of the pool early in the morning when everything is quiet and still.

Tidbit

180 day ADRs
Getting my ME stuff in the mail
Walking to our hotel room
All the smells of the rides

I would have to agree!!

I love the feeling I get AFTER i'm done with my ADRs & getting all of the Disney stuff in the mail is always a great surprise I almost wanna hug the mailman when it comes in.

Also I hear a lot of people talk about "the smells" of the rides, I never really noticed this before, but when I am there for my honeymoon in October I will pay more attention.

jeffk410

Original Poster
I would have to agree!!

I love the feeling I get AFTER i'm done with my ADRs & getting all of the Disney stuff in the mail is always a great surprise I almost wanna hug the mailman when it comes in.

Also I hear a lot of people talk about "the smells" of the rides, I never really noticed this before, but when I am there for my honeymoon in October I will pay more attention.

You're crazy. The smell of the rides is amazinggg. haha. Adr's are fun, but I always second guess myself.

Jeff456

There is something about the smell in the All Star Music food court that I always look forward to, not quite sure what it is but I like it. Also I really enjoy the monorail ride between terminals at MCO... yes I know that isn't Disney but it really makes it hit home that I am nearly at WDW.

piratetreasure

From the moment you get to Orlando International and to the Magic Express bus line
Walking into your hotel room and flipping through the channels and hearing the Your Disney Resort channel for the fist time in forever.
The smell of your hotel room.
Walking through the MK turnstiles and seeing the poster for attractions under the WDW Railroad station.
Going on Carousel of Progress and hearing There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow
The old timey smell of Carousel of Progress
The TTA
Walking into Space Mountain and hearing the Star Tunnel music
The smell of the water in Splash, Pirates, and IASW
Seeing Donald being shot into a wall in Mickey's Philarmagic
Going on The Haunted Mansion
Watching Wishes and crying tears of joy (Come on. You've done it too every once in a while.)
Haring the 5 minutes announcement for Spectro. (I don't know why really)
Hearing the Spectromagic fanfare for the first time in a long time and feeling the tears of joy coming to your eyes
Seeing SSE again
The smell of Rome
Walking in Innoventions Plaza and hearing the area music
Crying tears of joy at the end of Illuminations
The Great Movie Ride
Riding on Rock n' Roller Coaster with Sweet Emotion blasting through the car speakers
The Magic of Disney Animation
The Sci-Fi Drive In
The 50's Prime Time Diner

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom