What are the "strange" things you look forward to?

jeffk410

Original Poster
^^
Love it all. I love when people get into this =]
I just thought of a couple more of my quirky favorites.
Seeing Tomorrowland at night
and recieving my last Celebrations magazine before I go!!!

jeffk410

Original Poster
The last couple times I've been at Disney World we didn't need to use the Monorail.......I insist to ride it at least once each trip just to hear that line.

Other strange things I look forward too: Listening to Sonny Eclipse, seeing the first Monorail go by after first entering the property, hearing the music as I approach Tomorrowland, watching the ToT doors open followed by the screams.
My favorite thing though is noticing people who are obviously there for the first time, everyone should get to go to Disney World at least once.

You both are correct. The Monorail is a must. Nothing like the view of Grand Floridian from the monorail.

jesemeca

Bribing my siblings to be quiet the whole ride down. (Which will never happen but I try.)
Trying to fall asleep that first night there. You know you have to, but you are too excited.
Taking waaaaay too many pictures.
The ferry to Magic Kingdom. Something about taking that ferry makes me feel like there is nowhere else in the world but where I am at that moment. All my cares are left in the parking lot.
Crystal Palace breakfast, the first morning of every trip, before the park opens. So I can take pictures of everything without anyone else in them.
Our first ride on It's A Small World. First ride every trip.
Funnel cake.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats.
Used to be the Pibb Extra at McDonald's at Downtown Disney. (Not anymore. :()

As I think of more I'll post them.

disney1077

Another thing I look forward to is packing. I love getting ready for my disney world trips. I start packing like 6 months ahead. And I dont know if I am the only person but I love waiting in the airport. Just being at the airport and waiting for the plane to board for me is so exciting because it just makes me realize that in about 3 hours I will be in the happiest place on earth!:sohappy:

Book Belle

I know this is strange but I love waiting in line for the buses back to the hotel at the end of the day. Everyone is still pumped up from the day, and we talk about how much fun we had and what fun things we'll be doing the next day. For me those are great quality family times that are some of my fondest WDW memories.

jeffk410

Original Poster
I just thought of another. I look forward to getting the pamphlets with all the park hours. Even tho I know them already it is just exciting.

Mightyquinn

"Take small children by the hand." Ha just kidding.:ROFLOL:
I like getting the the park hours schedule at the resort and discovering new extra magic hours!

majorrfb

We have arrived!!

"Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas." If I didn't hear that at least once during my trip, I'd be heartbroken.

Every time I hear this on the Monorail for the first time of our visit, its like,
we have arrived home for our yearly visit. I can't wait for Dec. 5, 2010!!:sohappy:

There are lots of things I look forward to. One is when I pull up outside the beach club and the valet ask me if I'm checking in, I just want to scream "YES YES YES"!!!!!:lol: The second on would be walking down main street! Another one would be getting my room key!!!

MouseDreaming

I think most of the things I look forward to are pretty normal, and have already been mentioned. The smell of the waffle cones on Main St, Passing under the arch, when you first arrive at the resort. But since this is weird things to look forward to, I have to admit, my kids stumped me on this one. They always look forward to going to Tom Sawyer Island and trying to find "The Cave That Smells Like P##":hurl: Personally, I could live without it.

sorcerergoofy

One thing I forgot...

I LOVE waiting in line for ToT at night. With the mist and being surrounded by all the creepy trees, and seeing the hotel sign flickering up above...and hearing the screams....AHHH I love it!!!

DisneyLeo18

Another thing I look forward to is packing. I love getting ready for my disney world trips. I start packing like 6 months ahead. And I dont know if I am the only person but I love waiting in the airport. Just being at the airport and waiting for the plane to board for me is so exciting because it just makes me realize that in about 3 hours I will be in the happiest place on earth!:sohappy:

JFK? :lol:

I actually don't mind the whole airport process on the day I'm headed to WDW. I get the feeling that my vacation has started when I wake up that morning.

disneypearl

I love the feeling of first sitting down on the Magical Express and also watching the video they play during the ride to the resort.

I love checking in and being shown where the room is located on the map and then trying to find it as quickly as possible.

I love using my refillable mug and then looking for my mom and discovering she is in line for the hot chocolate like always. Then we walk to the busses in the morning, and waiting for the busses in the morning is another thing I love.

fbp

I know this is strange but I love waiting in line for the buses back to the hotel at the end of the day. Everyone is still pumped up from the day, and we talk about how much fun we had and what fun things we'll be doing the next day. For me those are great quality family times that are some of my fondest WDW memories.

That's a good one. I'll appreciate these times more in the future.

mickey2008.1

Where can I buy a Grey Goose Slushie?

One strange thing I really look forward to is the smell of the soap they provide at the hotels. Well, at least they provided it at the All Star Music resort last year. The round white bars with the Mickey imprint. It smells different than the soap I buy for my home.

Pure Disney Clean. :animwink:
O also love the soaps and shampoos. You can buy them online from H2Oplus.com. They just dont have the imprints on them, wish i could get them with the imprints. Thats why i always stock up when im there, so i can have that little piece of disney alll day.

DCALovinWDW

I love reading all the posts! It's so good to know i'm not alone.:wave: Driving thru the WDW gates to the smell of certain rides...Dec cannot come fast enough!:xmas:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom