What Are Some Have To Try Foods At WDW????

tterrag24

Original Poster
Hello
im going to Disney World in August and i wanted to know what are some have to try foods or drinks.
I have seen many list of popular restaurants but what is the best dishes and drinks that i should give a try while im at Disney??? thanks

NiarrNDisney

Dole Whips - Aloha Isle (MK) and you can get them at the Poly
Grapefruit Cake - Hollywood Brown Derby, and Starring Rolls you have to ask for it. (DHS)
Mickey Mouse coconut patties - you can get them in any gift shop
Zebra Domes - The Mara, and Boma and AKL.

Yummy! :slurp:

DisneyJunkie

I'm sure you'll get a lot of "dole whips!" replies to this question, but in all honesty......if you run down to Walmart, to the ice cream section, and pull out a carton of pineapple sherbet....it's EXACTLY the same thing. Only difference is....one of them you get in the Magic Kingdom and spend more money on.

Personally, I loved the "strawberry soup" at the dinner buffet at 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian. The rest of the meal was mediocre, but that stuff rocked. IF you are going to eat there, I recommend it......but don't go out of your way just to make reservations to eat there because of it.

But....go to Epcot.....to Club Cool....and you have to try all of the around-the-world soda flavors (psssst....particularly BEVERLY!). Also in Epcot, be sure to stop at the pastry shop in Norway.....they have some of the best danishes, tarts, and so on, that you'll find anywhere.

Cmdr_Crimson

Disney Burger (At any counter service)
Dole Whips
Funnel cake (ajacent to The American Adventure)
Goofy's Candy Co Sour Green Aplle Cotton Candy

Gorjus

At a lot of the restaurants that are sit down, there is an abundance of good food. Rarely do I have a bad meal at a sit down restaurant.

Columbia Harbor House(not a sit down): The Hummus sandwich. It has a name, but I forget it.

Le Cellier: Filet Mignon. I just can't marinate it in the right things or cook it the right way to get it to taste as good as they do.

Fish and Chips in UK....I eat chips with tartar sauce.

Banfi Rosa Regale in Italy. I've not met one person that didn't enjoy that beverage.

While we are on this thread of food and drink, I'd like to point out that only a few of our countries do not have QSR(quick service restaurants).

Since getting a reservation at our TSR(table service restaurants) is difficult, more QSR is a wonderful thing.

Germany, Italy, and Canada would do well to have at QSR.

Italy especially would do a booming business if they sold pizza and pasta with butter for those families that REFUSE to discipline their children and make them eat something else.

I say this as someone whose sister lets her son eat nothing but pizza, Peanut butter, fish sticks, plain pasta, and chicken nuggets.

Note to parents: YOUR CHILDREN WILL EAT IF THEY ARE STARVING AND YOU DON'T GIVE IN TO THEIR HISSY FITS AND MELT DOWNS.

Never mind, I'm talking to a group of rationalizers.

balletgirl2

Breakfast lasagna at Crystal Palace
Ice Cream from Beaches and Cream
Corn Dogs from the boardwalk
Tonga Toast/Macadamia Nut Pancakes from Kona
Fried Wontons and ice cream at yak and Yeti

I know everyone loves Dole whip so I tried it last year and I threw it away because I thought it was too tart. I also hated the grapefruit cake and I love Grapefruits.

maggiegrace1

At a lot of the restaurants that are sit down, there is an abundance of good food. Rarely do I have a bad meal at a sit down restaurant.

Columbia Harbor House(not a sit down): The Hummus sandwich. It has a name, but I forget it.

Le Cellier: Filet Mignon. I just can't marinate it in the right things or cook it the right way to get it to taste as good as they do.

Fish and Chips in UK....I eat chips with tartar sauce.

Banfi Rosa Regale in Italy. I've not met one person that didn't enjoy that beverage.

While we are on this thread of food and drink, I'd like to point out that only a few of our countries do not have QSR(quick service restaurants).

Since getting a reservation at our TSR(table service restaurants) is difficult, more QSR is a wonderful thing.

Germany, Italy, and Canada would do well to have at QSR.

Italy especially would do a booming business if they sold pizza and pasta with butter for those families that REFUSE to discipline their children and make them eat something else.

I say this as someone whose sister lets her son eat nothing but pizza, Peanut butter, fish sticks, plain pasta, and chicken nuggets.

Note to parents: YOUR CHILDREN WILL EAT IF THEY ARE STARVING AND YOU DON'T GIVE IN TO THEIR HISSY FITS AND MELT DOWNS.

Never mind, I'm talking to a group of rationalizers
The point in saying this is?...:shrug:

I let my daughter eat whatever she wants..pizza, hamburgers, chips, chocolate..for breakfast, lunch, dinner..and I dare you to tell me that she will eat if I do not give her what she wants...for 3 years she had a feeding tube and for 2 and a half years she would only use the feeding tube and nothing by mouth..so once we got her to eat by mouth we did not care what it was as long as she ate and gained weight on it and we finally got rid of the feeding tube...

So, if for the rest of her life she eats pizza and chicken nuggets so be it..and if we would try to get her to eat something else and she does not want to well you know what..I will make or go out and get her what she wants...happily!

Oh, and I discipline her..if she is sassy or does not share she is appropriately disciplined..but never for her food choices..we came way too far for that..

Until you are a parent you really should not try to act like you know how to parent..:wave:

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Must have:

1. Tonga Toast at Kona Cafe, Polynesian
2. Lefse at Kringla Bakeri og Cafe, Norway Pavilion, Epcot
3. Lapu-Lapu at the Tamboo Lounge, Polynesian
4. Banana bread pudding, Main St. Bakery, MK
5. Apple Charlotte, Main St. Bakery, MK

elisatonks

Funnel Cakes (you can get them at Liberty Sqaure @MK, American Pavilion @ Epcot, or the Boardwalk)

Churros

ZEBRA DOMES @ AKL

If you can get a ressie or have the money, dinner at the Cali Grill (everything in there is top notch and my personal view is that it is the best wdw eatery.)

Fashionista007

Kringla Sweet Pretzel in Norway. I tried it after reading all about it in these forums and now it's a must have for every trip.

Freshly made cotton candy from the Main Street Confectionary

Salmon from Sunshine Seasons in EPCOT (anything from this place really)

Grand Marnier Orange Slush from a vendor cart in France (across from Le Cellier)

I could go on and on...I always try something new when I'm there and it becomes a "must have."

Phonedave

Germany, Italy, and Canada would do well to have at QSR..

Germany does - Brats and "hot dogs" are QSFB - right by the entrance to the buffet.

Just some notes.

Dole Whip - It is NOT pineapple sherbet. It is quite different. Having said that, I still don't think that it is so all fired great.

Funnel Cake - Is it me, or do they taste exactly the same as any other funnel cake that I have had anywhere else? In fact I just had one 30 minutes ago (our annual carnival is in town, and its a 5 minute walk from my home :) ). I mean, funnel cakes are good and all, but its not like you cant get them at any fair, carnival, and street celebration that you happen to go to.

Figaro Fries - you have to ASK for the ranch, lettuce, and tomato now. If you dont ask, you get just cheese and bacon. The fully loaded Figaro fries are a disgusting looking, calorie and fat laden mess, that unfortunately I am addicted to and get at least once every trip :)

-dave

I_heart_Tigger

Yeah, nothing makes a pleasant meal like a kid screaming and having a "hissy fit" because they want a grilled cheese sandwich and the parents decide to see if starving the child will stop it from screaming instead of letting them eat something easy to get.
:hammer::hammer::hammer:

Note to parents: if your child is screaming and having a hissy fit in a restauarant because they want some chicken nuggets, how about letting them have some chicken nuggets or seeing if there's something else they want to eat instead of letting them scream ...your fellow patrons thank you

Now to the OP: gotta have a Mickey's premium bar and Figaro fries. Personally...I'm not a fan of Dole whips (*hides under the couch*) but I like frozen lemonade for a cool down.

Menpell

We love going to Paris at Epcot for pastries. There is a huge selection to choose from. You pick what you like, and get a nice cup of coffee and then sit outside the pastry place (there are little table and chairs) and enjoy a nice coffee break. We have done this for years! Heavenly!!:p
Also the Oreo cookie dessert at Cape May Cafe is great.
The Cheddar Soup at Le Cellier is a must try as well.
My son loves the Churros! And the pineapple floats at MK are great! You can use a snack credit for that!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom