What about Epcot and AK?

Figment632

It's in the cards...All depends on who plunks down money and when. :(

I thought it would be around NOW, seeing the new fiscal year, and everything. Hopefully Seimens wakes up, soon.

Hopefully for next year's D23. You both know, as well as I, that it's all planned, as Martin said.

What needs to happen next year JII redo, new country to WS, SEE ending, Cor D ticket dark ride for DAK.

EPCOT Explorer

What needs to happen next year JII redo, new country to WS, SEE ending, Cor D ticket dark ride for DAK.

I think that SSE's ending wouldn't be announced my them...It'll just happen.

If they close the attraction for a bit, perhaps THEN it could be marketed/announced.

WS Pav? I would LOVE to see it, that would really be going back to their roots. Same with JII, which IS planned.

RSoxNo1

Each park has it's own needs. Just my opinion below:

Magic Kingdom - After the Fantasyland expansion I feel this park's next biggest need is an E-Ticket thrill attraction.

Epcot - World Showcase needs at least one D/E ticket, it can be family friendly or a thrilling attraction, but this is a desperate need.

DHS - After Star Tours 2.0 I think there will be some spreading of the crowds. It would give the park 3 significant thrill rides. That would put the need for this park as a couple more C/D ticket level rides. As interesting as the Monster's Inc Coaster sounds, I would love to see the Muppet Movie Ride concept revisited.

Animal Kingdom - It needs another Animal Walk Through (or Animal ride), and it needs some C/D ticket level rides.

Now that's not to say that adding E tickets to DHS and AK wouldn't benefit the parks, I just don't think that's the need right now.

AEfx

Epcot - World Showcase needs at least one D/E ticket, it can be family friendly or a thrilling attraction, but this is a desperate need.

Totally agreed.

WS, in theme park terms, is pathetic. I know it has it's fans, and yes, it has it's charms, but they haven't actually added anything that could be called a major (or even minor) attraction in two decades. It's really just one giant shopping mall.

A large, well-themed shopping mall, but a shopping mall nontheless.

MousDad

WS, in theme park terms, is pathetic. I know it has it's fans, and yes, it has it's charms, but they haven't actually added anything that could be called a major (or even minor) attraction in two decades.

I would put KP at something slightly above a minor attraction, but your point is taken.

Oh, and I'm one of the fans. :wave:

EPCOT Explorer

Totally agreed.

WS, in theme park terms, is pathetic. I know it has it's fans, and yes, it has it's charms, but they haven't actually added anything that could be called a major (or even minor) attraction in two decades. It's really just one giant shopping mall.

A large, well-themed shopping mall, but a shopping mall nontheless.

Yeah....I'm going to have to disagree with you. :lookaroun:lol: Yes, most of it is still shopping based, but it is cultral, it is immersive, and there is a major attraction in MOST of the Pavilions.

I do agree that something new is needed, though...21 years is long enough without construction.

cbrune15

Hey

I know there was talk a couple years ago about a new Mission Space mission. Also I think Hollywood Studios needs a Indiana Jones ride. Similiar to Disney Land but where like the ground drops out of the car and crashes u down to a under ground liar. I do think Epcot needs alot of help. More than the other parks. I think disney is losing the battle right now to Universal, especially when WWOHP opens. I feel like disney has lost their old Imagineering ways, with great rides and concepts like Tower of Terror and the old Alien Encounter.

SirGoofy

Each park has it's own needs. Just my opinion below:

Magic Kingdom - After the Fantasyland expansion I feel this park's next biggest need is an E-Ticket thrill attraction.

DHS - After Star Tours 2.0 I think there will be some spreading of the crowds. It would give the park 3 significant thrill rides. That would put the need for this park as a couple more C/D ticket level rides. As interesting as the Monster's Inc Coaster sounds, I would love to see the Muppet Movie Ride concept revisited.

Animal Kingdom - It needs another Animal Walk Through (or Animal ride), and it needs some C/D ticket level rides.

Now that's not to say that adding E tickets to DHS and AK wouldn't benefit the parks, I just don't think that's the need right now.

I completely and utterly agree with this post, especially the bolded.:sohappy:

RSoxNo1

Yeah....I'm going to have to disagree with you. :lookaroun:lol: Yes, most of it is still shopping based, but it is cultral, it is immersive, and there is a major attraction in MOST of the Pavilions.

I do agree that something new is needed, though...21 years is long enough without construction.

The only thing that should be considered a major attraction in World Showcase is the American Adventure.

What World Showcase needs is an attraction that drives attendance, something that has a decent (or even high capacity) and brings more guests to World Showcase.

I understand it's function is to showcase different cultures around the world. It does so in food and shopping, but there needs to be at least one major attraction that can bring people out of Future World when looking for a top quality ride.

To me, I look at the parks as how many attractions do they have that require the use of Fastpass, and then how many attractions do they have that don't require the use of fastpass but are still worth seeing.

Magic Kingdom: Far and away the most fastpass attractions, as well as several other attractions that don't have it that are worth seeing. I count Jungle Cruise, Thunder, Splash, Pooh, Pan, Space and Buzz (although I'll count this as a half as you don't always need it). That's 6 1/2 attractions every day that have fastpass and it's necessary to use it.

Epcot: In reality has two fastpass attractions: Soarin' and Test Track. Mission: Space can be seen without fastpass, but it's not always needed. That's probably only 2 1/2 attractions that need it.

Hollywood Studios: Tower, Coaster, Toy Story and soon to be Star Tours will all be attractions that will likely need fastpass for effecient touring. 3 now, probably 4 in October, 2011.

Animal Kingdom: Safari, Everest, Dinosaur all can use fastpass for effecient touring. In the Summer Kali also qualifies. I'll say 3 1/2 for AK.

EPCOT Explorer

The only thing that should be considered a major attraction in World Showcase is the American Adventure.

What World Showcase needs is an attraction that drives attendance, something that has a decent (or even high capacity) and brings more guests to World Showcase.

I understand it's function is to showcase different cultures around the world. It does so in food and shopping, but there needs to be at least one major attraction that can bring people out of Future World when looking for a top quality ride.
Won't say I disagree with that...But there ARE attractions besides AA. It's not just a "shopping mall".:rolleyes::lol:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Nope. All WS attractions are major. The AA is the most lavish and biggest.

China, France, Norway and Canada all have major motion pictures presented by a variety of innovative means, which all took many years of planning, shooting and editing and contain some of the finest cinematography ever seen in a theme park.

Maelstrom is a short, fun and welcome C/D Ticket and could be a solid D if everything worked as it used to. Gran Fiesta... a D on scope and scale, C on budget and execution. Certainly entertaining for the guest.

Just don`t mention Italy or the UK. Especially the UK. It`s embarrassing.

Again, at the end of the day - without the very unliely 12th country - Italy had a ride planned, as did Germany, Japan has 4 designs sitting on the shelf and the UK 3. Even just pull Africas v2 rapids or Denmarks riverboat if they want to add something new in an open space. Even Morocco has a full diner show on paper - stop the rot now before it gets more embarrassing.

And update IDF!

EPCOT Explorer

Nope. All WS attractions are major. The AA is the most lavish and biggest.

China, France, Norway and Canada all have major motion pictures presented by a variety of innovative means, which all took many years of planning, shooting and editing and contain some of the finest cinematography ever seen in a theme park.

Maelstrom is a short, fun and welcome C/D Ticket and could be a solid D if everything worked as it used to. Gran Fiesta... a D on scope and scale, C on budget and execution. Certainly entertaining for the guest.

Just don`t mention Italy or the UK. Especially the UK. It`s embarrassing.
The films are good, I agree, but...Circle Vision isn't new anymore. I still love it and all...but....:lol:

Japan, too.:lookaroun

_Scar

Epcot needs a total Imagination redo. Everything redone. And a nice simulator to replace WoL *cough*Storm Riders*cough* then make a new small dark ride for WS... Pinocchio for Germany or a Mulan dark ride for China.

DAK needs smaller attractions. Animal trails.... please no! I love the idea of a Bambi dark ride and another E-ticket water ride like Pocahontas. Besides those, I'd still love Beastly to be realized over anything else anywhere.

DHS needs small dark rides, too. Like an Up dark ride or MIHaGS. Also, Golden Mickeys is the perfect attraction for DHS preferably right where AI is.

MK does need some thrill and I'd like to see in Adventureland *cough*Aladdin*cough*...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom