What about Epcot and AK?

Smiddimizer

Original Poster
With new stuff recently announced for MK and the Studios, what's in the time frame for the other two parks?

And is anything else in planning for MK and DHS other than what we've been shown (perhaps more longterm)?

RSoxNo1

I would expect a new Soarin' film in Epcot sometime after the Fantasyland expansion. I would also expect a major addition to both parks sometime in the 2013-2018 time frame.

tomman710

I could see Soarin' getting a new ride film before then ... it's not like they have to refurb the ride or anything? Wouldn't it be a matter of just putting in a new reel? Or if they upgrade to digital just uploading a new movie or you know where I am going with it ... it seems like a new film for Soarin' would be a relatively cheap endeavor.

RSoxNo1

I could see Soarin' getting a new ride film before then ... it's not like they have to refurb the ride or anything? Wouldn't it be a matter of just putting in a new reel? Or if they upgrade to digital just uploading a new movie or you know where I am going with it ... it seems like a new film for Soarin' would be a relatively cheap endeavor.

Putting in a new reel, programming the movement and the smeltzers, and oh yeah - recording the film (which can obviously done while the ride is still operating).

If we're taking bets on current rumors being announced at next year's D23 convention, I would put Soarin' over the World at the top of the list. That doesn't mean it's close to happening, it just seems to be a logical step.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
what's in the time frame for the other two parks? And is anything else in planning for MK and DHS other than what we've been shown (perhaps more longterm)?
Yes lots; it`s all been discussed.

All it needs is money.

disney4life2008

Likely, the only thing coming to Epcot is a new Soarin film. It is so much they can do, so I expect that in the next 10 years.

Animal Kingdom, I do not expect anything. The attendance is not really bad (nor the greatest) but I think it does well enough to stay afloat. I hope to see another coaster in there eventually and more thrill rides. But again, nothing in the next 10 years. Maybe a new show?

BenS

What I'd most like to see at Epcot (which is also the most unlikely), is for them to tear down WoL and make an entirely new pavilion. WoL has supposedly been gutted, right now it's just an occasionally used convention/showcase building.

I agree that Imagination and SSE need lots of work (Imagination the most), but wouldn't it be cool to see something completely new and fresh?

Oh well, it probably won't happen. Hopefully the fourth time's the charm with Imagination. I still think the first time was the charm, but hey.

MousDad

I never saw it but how did it fit in DAK anyway?

Me either, but I've listened to it. I'm pretty sure it incorporated live animals for a message of conservation within the context of the natural realm. You know, pretty much what DAK is entirely about. :lol:

EPCOT Explorer

Finally finishing the SSE ending? Pretty, pretty please? :cry:
It's in the cards...All depends on who plunks down money and when. :(

I thought it would be around NOW, seeing the new fiscal year, and everything. Hopefully Seimens wakes up, soon.

I'd much rather have that money go to Imagination.

In a perfect world, we'd have both.

Hopefully for next year's D23. You both know, as well as I, that it's all planned, as Martin said.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom