What about Big Hero Six?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Common sense to know that about a movie I haven't seen? Really?

No. Big Hero 6 doesn't fit. Some themes presented in the movie may fit, and the characters could (if absolutely necessary) be used to advance/explain that theme. But a "Big Hero 6" ride wouldn't fit. That has been (one of) my point all along.

Did you just call me a troll?:joyfull:

If you didn't know about BH6 because you haven't seen it... Then I ask again.. Why didn't you just ask "How can this fit the theming of Epcot's future world?"

And yes a Big Hero 6 ride can fit. If done correctly. Which it can.

You're just repeating yourself by re-wording your same questions which I have already answered.. This is stupid. I'm done here :p

Hang about ... @Lee hasn't been proven wrong, in fact his argument has only been strengthened by your statement. It takes place in a fictional city in the future - why not add Avatar talking about Unbotainium as new energy source or Star Trek commenting on tech breakthroughs, because it is **** right stupid. Whilst certain aspects of the design of Epcot have been steered far off course let us not go over the waterfall just yet.

Why are you even here? You didn't even answer my last question.

Next Big Thing

Hang about ... @Lee hasn't been proven wrong, in fact his argument has only been strengthened by your statement. It takes place in a fictional city in the future - why not add Avatar talking about Unbotainium as new energy source or Star Trek commenting on tech breakthroughs, because it is **** right stupid. Whilst certain aspects of the design of Epcot have been steered far off course let us not go over the waterfall just yet.
Tbh, Star Trek in Future World would be really cool.

Next Big Thing

If it a movie IP it should not be brought into Epcot. Bringing Indiana Jones or Muppets, or another IP, to the Studios is a little different in a movie park than a park looking at technology and world culture.
Blanket statements like this do nothing to further a conversation. It just shows how much of a fanboi you are (and the Epcot ones are the worst!). Characters, when thematically fitting, can be brought to any park in any area. You obviously don't want to over do it, but if the IP fits the theme, there's no reason it can't be done. Looking at it so densely gets you no where.

Cmdr_Crimson

Just checking in here to make sure you realize that Epcot would've never been built if it wasn't for the animation studio and the success of it. Furthermore, it wouldn't have been built if Disneyland failed, which was (and is) filled with fairytale rides.

Just because you don't like animation doesn't mean it has no place. Animation at the root of everything that made TWDC the media conglomerate that it is today.

And before all those characters came in by the late 80's Epcot had it's own brand of characters.

commbeaver.jpg

kkplacemat.jpg

DreamfinderFigment2.jpg

SirLink

If you didn't know about BH6 because you haven't seen it... Then I ask again.. Why didn't you just ask "How can this fit the theming of Epcot's future world?"

You're just repeating yourself by re-wording your same questions which I have already answered.. This is stupid. I'm done here :p

Why are you even here? You didn't even answer my last question.

Eh? But I'll answer your question with a question - do like the following: Nemo, Phineas & Ferb, Frozen in Norway.

If you are fine with any of those then you like and approve Toons in Epcot.

But a Big Hero 6 ride or a ride with just those Toons in it has and will never have any place in Epcot. Put one in the convoluted mess known as Tomorrowland or DHS.

SirLink

Blanket statements like this do nothing to further a conversation. It just shows how much of a fanboi you are (and the Epcot ones are the worst!). Characters, when thematically fitting, can be brought to any park in any area. You obviously don't want to over do it, but if the IP fits the theme, there's no reason it can't be done. Looking at it so densely gets you no where.

There is no conversation though. I would rather them add one attraction per decade if they were appropriate rather adding a Toon ride every 2 years. Toons are thematically wrong outside of Fantasyland and Pixar Place. If they are created first for Epcot like Figment they are fine.

FYI: So wanting to keep thematic intergrity across WDW makes me a fanboi? Huh

Next Big Thing

The perseverance of increasingly adding animated properties into Epcot is a lowly virtue whereby mediocrity will have achieved an inglorious success.
I'm not saying turn Epcot into Fantasyland. What i'm saying is if the theme is appropriate, it sticks to a lot of what Epcot is about (technology, culture and learning) and encourages people to actually want to check out the exhibit or whatever it may be, then I don't see why it can't work.

Frozen being shoehorned into Norway is a disgrace to a lot of things. However, a Big Hero 6 exhibit in innoventions wouldn't be the end of the well if the execution was right. The theme of the movie fits in perfectly with what innoventions is about. That doesn't mean green light something for it today, it'd obviously have to be a quality exhibit with learning components, but saying that absolutely no IPs can be used in Epcot is a bit much.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Eh? But I'll answer your question with a question - do like the following: Nemo, Phineas & Ferb, Frozen in Norway.

If you are fine with any of those then you like and approve Toons in Epcot.

But a Big Hero 6 ride or a ride with just those Toons in it has and will never have any place in Epcot. Put one in the convoluted mess known as Tomorrowland or DHS.

I'm glad you asked! I believe one of the three that you've mentioned would be a good addition to Epcot!

Phineas & Ferb fits perfectly in Epcot! Not as it is done now.. But at least it is out of the way. I've personally believed that P&F would have fit well in the Imagination! pavilion. Especially with a simulator ride similar to say, a mixture of Jimmy Neutron's from Uni and Mickey's Philharmagic from MK. They create this dimension-transporter and the machine reads their minds and travels them to different Disney movie dimensions. But, since we already have Figment, which was also a nice fit (considering how he was ORIGINALLY made. Not currently.), there's no need for P&F to take over the pavilion. Especially if they brought Dreamfinder back. If Figment & Dreamfinder never existed (which would suck), I would say they'd be perfect for an imagination pavilion. I also believe Perry's World Showcase adventure fits in a lot better than Kim Possible did.

As for Frozen and Nemo.. No. Frozen doesn't belong in Epcot at all. Frozen belongs in Magic Kingdom. I believe Turtle Talk would have been enough "Nemo" needed for The Living Seas. The actual ride was "shoehorned" much like Frozen is being. I would have been happy with just the Turtle Talk addition. Nothing more.

Lee

Adventurer
Just checking in here to make sure you realize that Epcot would've never been built if it wasn't for the animation studio and the success of it.
Well, duh...:rolleyes:
Clearly I am aware of the history of the company we all spend our time here discussing.
Furthermore, it wouldn't have been built if Disneyland failed, which was (and is) filled with fairytale rides.
Filled? Hardly. Certainly not for the first 4-5 decades, where "fairytale rides" and animation tie-ins were (for the most part) relegated to Fantasyland/Toontown. Not until DL added Splash in the late '80s could you really find 'toons creeping into other areas. Corporate synergy run amok has resulted in their invading other areas, where they truly aren't needed. I'm looking at you, Tomorrowland...:cautious:

Same with MK. Prior to Splash, the animated feature-themed attractions were found only in FL/Toontown Fair.

Next Big Thing

There is no conversation though. I would rather them add one attraction per decade if they were appropriate rather adding a Toon ride every 2 years. Toons are thematically wrong outside of Fantasyland and Pixar Place. If they are created first for Epcot like Figment they are fine.

FYI: So wanting to keep thematic intergrity across WDW makes me a fanboi? Huh
Once again, another blanket statement.

And you don't want to keep integrity, you want to CONTROL things and have it your way like you're at Burger King. That's called being selfish.

I get that Epcot Center was great and WDW used to build great original attractions all the time, but we are in a time these days, especially with Universal playing the way they are playing with virtually all IP-based rides, where US Theme park goers expect to see there favorite IPs at top notch resorts like Disney and Universal. I honestly think, even something like Mystic Manor, would be a tough sell to the US public in this day and age. I hope they try some day, but when they question pushing the green light on big IPs like Cars, Star Wars, etc like they have for years, it just makes me doubt that we'll see any original attractions in the near future.

It's sad, but it is what it is. Which is why I made the distinction of saying it must be theme appropriate for it to even considered for Epcot. BH6 is. For Innoventions. To argue it isn't is lying to yourself.

Next Big Thing

Well, duh...:rolleyes:
Clearly I am aware of the history of the company we all spend our time here discussing.

Filled? Hardly. Certainly not for the first 4-5 decades, where "fairytale rides" and animation tie-ins were (for the most part) relegated to Fantasyland/Toontown. Not until DL added Splash in the late '80s could you really find 'toons creeping into other areas. Corporate synergy run amok has resulted in their invading other areas, where they truly aren't needed. I'm looking at you, Tomorrowland...:cautious:

Same with MK. Prior to Splash, the animated feature-themed attractions were found only in FL/Toontown Fair.
I hardly consider splash a typical "toon ride". Sure it's based off of song of the south, but most don't know that nor will most ever see the movie. They almost might as well be original characters. The draw of the ride is how they turned the average flume ride into a theatrical experience almost. The sets, the lighting, the animatronics. When all working properly, it's one of the best rides on property. And the main drop serves as a weenie to lure people in.

Lee

Adventurer

You are clearly not grasping the distinction I am trying to make here.

Peter Pan's Flight is a "Peter Pan Ride."
Cartoon Spin is a "Roger Rabbit Ride."
Muppet Vision is a "Muppet Ride."
And so on...

They are rides based on, starring, and putting you in the world of those particular characters.

Ellen's Energy Adventure isn't an "Ellen Ride." (Despite the name.)
Journey Into Imagination wasn't a "Figment Ride."

Those are attractions where characters are used as a means of making the subject matter easier and/or more enjoyable for the rider.

A Big Hero 6 ride where you just follow that round, white guy on an adventure would be a "Big Hero 6 ride."
Frozen in Norway, telling the Frozen story, will be a "Frozen ride."
Nemo re-telling his movie's plot...nope. Doesn't fit.

Neither fit in Epcot.

Now, a robotics exhibit in Innoventions which uses a Big Hero 6 character/characters to deliver its message more easily/enjoyable for a certain audience....that would fit (based on what I'm hearing about the film).

An updated Maelstrom post-show film, featuring the Frozen girls extolling the virtues of Norway...that could fit.
Nemo guiding riders on an exploration of the wonders of the ocean (rather than just rehashing his film) could fit.

Are you seeing my point? Big Hero 6 ride....no. Doesn't fit.
Big Hero 6 characters used (correctly) to augment something like a robotics exhibit...that could work.

This is getting quite tiresome...

Lee

Adventurer
I hardly consider splash a typical "toon ride". Sure it's based off of song of the south, but most don't know that nor will most ever see the movie. They almost might as well be original characters. The draw of the ride is how they turned the average flume ride into a theatrical experience almost. The sets, the lighting, the animatronics. When all working properly, it's one of the best rides on property. And the main drop serves as a weenie to lure people in.
Oh, I agree about Splash. It's a fantastic ride.
I was simply using it to point out how long DL went (almost fifty years) without letting the 'toons out of their designated area.

Next Big Thing

Now, a robotics exhibit in Innoventions which uses a Big Hero 6 character/characters to deliver its message more easily/enjoyable for a certain audience....that would fit (based on what I'm hearing about the film).
This is the only thing most of us have said BH6 should get in Epcot if you were paying attention. I think anything more would just be forcing them in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom