We've stopped explaining!!!

Most of my co-workers think I am crazy for going to WDW as many times as we can afford to espcially because we don't have children. My family has property in Greece and they can't figure out why I've never been there when I can stay for "free." I constantly get "why Disney?" and "what's the big deal?" They just don't get it. I usually tell them that I enjoy going somewhere where I am ALWAYS happy. These are the same people, by the way, that when they decide to go to Disney, they ask ME to plan their trips. :ROFLOL:

Boray

This thread has given me a new view on my vacation. I LOVE going there (as we all do). Our family has now made it our yearly vacation. I have been explaining to people when I get the "You're going again?!?!" question, that our children are still young, and we all enjoy it so, why NOT go? I'm just going to stop the explaining. I don't need to explain why I go somewhere that makes me happy, my family happy and gives us WONDERFUL, QUALITY time together. How many families come back after a week together (24/7, together) and want to do it all over again, as soon as possible?!?! I now declare the end of my Disney Vacation explanation to those who ask.

I go because I can. :) :sohappy:

RAZORBRAD

I get that too, mainly from people that have never been to the Happiest place on Earth.

But when they finally do go, who do they come to for advice?

JJHale

Funny, last week when I put in my vacation request for October my boss asked "Where are you going?" and then, "I should have known!" After three WDW trips in my first year of employment my co-workers come to me when they have WDW planning questions.

Vernonpush

Funny, last week when I put in my vacation request for October my boss asked "Where are you going?" and then, "I should have known!" After three WDW trips in my first year of employment my co-workers come to me when they have WDW planning questions.
That's when you answer the things you can, and then refer them to this site for the ones you can't.:lol:

wannabeBelle

I always love the people who are asking me why Disney yet again but when I ask them where they have gone away to, they havent!!!! DUH!!!!!!!!!!! Belle

LoriMistress

DH and I do go to other places for vacation. Every two years we normally go to either DLR or WDW. But we do visit other places so we're not completely burnt out from Disney. We don't care what people think about us wanting to go to WDW or DLR. My mom use to complain non stop on why we would want to go, but after watching a lot of Travel Channel, Food Channel, Resort & Spa Channel--she's warmed up to the idea. She did finally tell us that next time when we go to WDW she wants to go with us--(when we finally decide to have kids.)

mousebymarriage

When people hear we are going to WDW they always say " didn't you just go there?" My response is, "that was last year!" DUH! Then they just give me a look and add that they just don't know how we could go to Disney every year.:eek: Some people just don't understand!

Since1976

I just started a new job, and I am extemely fortunate to have my entire team be Disney park veterans. Not all of them are freaks about it like me (some confuse Universal with Disney-MGM), but it's great to be able to bring up Disney park news and rumors over lunch and not get the "eyeroll."

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
At my office it has gotten to the point where my co-workers ask if I am going to WDW this weekend or if I am doing something else.

kennyj29

I always get so R U Going to Disney again this year? They all laugh.....but they like Disney but they don't LOVE Disney. They always complain about the crowds, etc. I say, I used to pull my kids out of school for a week.....I would talk to their teachers and most of them would make them do an assignment about Disney. Others would just give them homework they would have to do and when I told them if they wanted to go, they would have to do a daily assignment at night, they had no hesitation in doing it. As a matter of fact that was the only time they NEVER complained about doing homework........lol. We never went during the crowded times and the parks would close earlier so they had time to do homework. We would stay at the campground in their cabins and it was always a nice homey atmosphere. They think I was terrible taking them out of school but you know what? They did just fine. Now I have two adult children who are just as crazy if not worse about Disney and they will have to go through the same comments we all do!

bgraham34

Now when people say your going again, I say yes I watch there part time and have to put in my hours. Some think I am serious. But some friends love to hear we are going again.

Frosty689

ya know.. I know exactly what you mean... I think this disney trip when we go sometime this year wlil be my 15th disney trip ever... (im only 18 so i consider myself very lucky to have sucha great family) and you know Disney honestly is like a second home to me... Most of my friends think im out of my mind for going there all the the time but a few get it.. Infact I'm planing on attending University of central florida because if im going to be away for college... i might as well go somewhere where i feel comfortable and at a second home. I can just see it now.. every weekend eating at a different country.. taking it easy ahhh :ROFLOL: :wave:

skellington216

Some of my friends/family have asked 'why again' and don't get it. But slowly over the years, I have talked most of them into visiting Disneyland or WDW with me. Each time it's the same story. On the plane ride home all they can talk about is "when are we going back?"

StephanieS

People aren't surprised when I say I'm going to WDW again anymore. I became a travel agent so now I can just say I'm going for "work experience" or I go so much because I "specialize" in WDW.... :ROFLOL:

One time a representative from one of the big resorts in the Caribbean came in my work and someone mentioned that I love WDW. The lady was like "oh my gosh that's so cute... what do you do there? like go on rides?" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

ThinkTink721

Even some of our friends & family who have been to WDW do not understand why we would go for 2 yrs. in a row & are thinking about going next yr. too.
I'm w/ you all...I have just stopped explaining & I plan to go & enjoy myself!
:wave:

BRER DAD

Everybody thinks im crazy for going to WDW every year. I would go every weekend if I could. I have no desire to vacation anywhere else. So glad I found this forum. It feels good to know im not alone!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom