Western way park/5th gate

PeterAlt

You are correct, it's not there. From the contract:

"TERM
Once THE MARVEL UNIVERSE opens within the above time period, the term of this agreement shall continue for so long as a THE MARVEL UNIVERSE shall remain open (and operated consistent with the standards of the next paragraph below) at any Universal Theme Park (allowing for temporary closures for force majeure events or refurbishment/maintenance provided they are being diligently pursued), except for termination for material breach (with written notice and a reasonable opportunity to cure). "
That's a well-thought out contract! Where did this idea of expiration come from in regards with what was said earlier in this thread?

PeterAlt

By the time the 6th gate opens, Animal Kingdom may be a full day park. And Marvel will still be at Uni.
What will happen is DAK will eventually have lands based on Star Wars that will show off alien animals from the Star Wars Universe, in addition to Avatar. It will get a name change when this happens. It's new name...

Disney's Alien Kingdom

Reddog

I would have to imagine that there is a clearly defined list of which characters belong to which "family" and not something so arbitrary as "this guy appears in this issue and was part of the team so Disney can't use him".

I mean, can you imagine a comic writer pitching a story to his editor?

Writer: So Daredevil joins the Avengers...
Editor: Nope, we just got his movie rights back. If you put him on the Avengers, then Universal gets his theme parks rights and then the big bosses can't put him in the Florida parks.

lebeau

I would have to imagine that there is a clearly defined list of which characters belong to which "family" and not something so arbitrary as "this guy appears in this issue and was part of the team so Disney can't use him".

I mean, can you imagine a comic writer pitching a story to his editor?

Writer: So Daredevil joins the Avengers...
Editor: Nope, we just got his movie rights back. If you put him on the Avengers, then Universal gets his theme parks rights and then the big bosses can't put him in the Florida parks.

1. Nope, there is not. It's very loosely defined because no one anticipated Disney would ever buy Marvel. Obviously Universal wanted the flexibility to include new characters should Marvel create a popular new X-Man or Avenger.

2. Daredevil has joined the Avengers. He's also considered part of the Spider-man family.

3. Nobody in the studios gives two flips about the theme park rights to Daredevil. Or what is going on in the comics for that matter.

lebeau

Can't. Sharks are Marvel characters.

Not this one:

Jabber.jpg

Reddog

1. Nope, there is not. It's very loosely defined because no one anticipated Disney would ever buy Marvel. Obviously Universal wanted the flexibility to include new characters should Marvel create a popular new X-Man or Avenger.

2. Daredevil has joined the Avengers. He's also considered part of the Spider-man family.

3. Nobody in the studios gives two flips about the theme park rights to Daredevil. Or what is going on in the comics for that matter.

1. I can't believe they would do that but I guess it's possible.

2. I know. I actually work in the comics industry. I was just giving an example.

3. I don't know what that has to do with what I said.

Reddog

I thought I read somewhere that the contract went through 2050. I could be wrong.

Doesn't this part answer that question?

III. TERM
Once THE MARVEL UNIVERSE opens within the above time period, the term of this agreement shall continue for so long as a THE MARVEL UNIVERSE shall remain open (and operated consistent with the standards of the next paragraph below) at any Universal Theme Park (allowing for temporary closures for force majeure events or refurbishment/maintenance provided they are being diligently pursued), except for termination for material breach (with written notice and a reasonable opportunity to cure).
Each THE MARVEL UNIVERSE shall be operated and maintained in a first class manner consistent with the highest standards of the theme park industry and shall be deemed “open” only when operated in such manner (subject to temporary closures for force majeure events as described in the prior paragraph).

Uddy

They ARE building a fifth park. It is based on me! It will be very small. In fact it will take place in the furthest park space away from the Magic Kingdom gates. So there! Who's gonna attend the opening ceremony?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom