Western way park/5th gate

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Lose lose. You bring up a topic already discussed everyone says you should use the search. You respond to an older topic and idiots don't look when posts were created and start trying to argue with something people said ten years ago. It's just as bad.

No, it really isn't. First, there's actually a thread ongoing, started today, in News and Rumors. A search would have found that. Second, a search would have pretty much found any number of threads discussing this very topic and answering the questions posed....

PeterAlt

are_you_kidding_me_rage_face_meme_postcards-r3094a757f1ea416f843c6e327aee3fcb_vgbaq_8byvr_512.jpg
Why should I be kidding you?

PeterAlt

For starters, in all the previous posts where you talked about the contract having an expiration date when it's a documented fact that it doesn't.
I never said such a thing, except in this thread, and I'm still not saying that. Someone else said it and I'm referring to it as in "if what was said is true..."

Captain Chaos

I am not a lawyer, nor would I want to be, but I'm wondering that if there is any wiggle room at all in what seems to be a solid contract, it's here. Exactly what defines being a member of the same character "family" (Avengers, Fantastic Four, etc.)? If a lesser known hero merely appeared in the Avengers for a few issues twenty years ago, for instance, can we still interpret that to make them a member of the Avengers family just as much as Thor or Iron Man? This isn't precisely defined in the contract; Are we talking characters used over the lifetime of the Avengers book or just contemporary members?

But it really doesn't matter much anyway, since only lesser-known, obscure characters would be made available by even the most favorable ruling. Disney creating a Spider-Woman ride (or whatever) would look a poor effort compared to more famous Spider-Man over at Universal.

Incidentally, though, what is Ant Man's history? I'm not familiar with him, there is a movie due out, so what "family" group does he belong to?
Ant Man was, and is a member of The Avengers. Spider Woman is a member of The Avengers.

To answer a question earlier about Daredevil.. Daredevil is a member of SHIELD and the New Avengers.... I would rule him out too.. :)

lebeau

Ant Man was, and is a member of The Avengers. Spider Woman is a member of The Avengers.

Howard the Duck was an Avenger. There are very, very few Marvel heroes who haven't at some point been an Avenger. Heck, there are a lot of villains who have been Avengers. If you count the Dark Avengers, they were lead by Green Goblin and included a who's who of bad guys.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
No, it really isn't. First, there's actually a thread ongoing, started today, in News and Rumors. A search would have found that. Second, a search would have pretty much found any number of threads discussing this very topic and answering the questions posed....
I've merged the two threads. It may but a bit confusing to people just joining the topic but I think everyone should follow along ok.

Captain Chaos

Howard the Duck was an Avenger. There are very, very few Marvel heroes who haven't at some point been an Avenger. Heck, there are a lot of villains who have been Avengers. If you count the Dark Avengers, they were lead by Green Goblin and included a who's who of bad guys.
Then there goes the KUKA arm Howard the Duck attraction!!!

PeterAlt

Then there goes the KUKA arm Howard the Duck attraction!!!
There's going to be a Howard the Duck attraction? Now, that should fully exercise the LucasFilm and Marvel IP!

EDIT - I hope no one saw the typo I accidentally posted just a moment ago as the wrong vowel in duck was used. Wow, talk about embarrassing typos!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I don't see anything about 37 years in the contract but I could be reading it incorrectly

You are correct, it's not there. From the contract:

"TERM
Once THE MARVEL UNIVERSE opens within the above time period, the term of this agreement shall continue for so long as a THE MARVEL UNIVERSE shall remain open (and operated consistent with the standards of the next paragraph below) at any Universal Theme Park (allowing for temporary closures for force majeure events or refurbishment/maintenance provided they are being diligently pursued), except for termination for material breach (with written notice and a reasonable opportunity to cure). "

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom