Welcome to our Circle of Friends!

Nemo14

Is it asking too much these days to entertain your kids for a half hour while you shop?

Am I going to have to be the awful parent who denies my child that thrill? I am...
I used to give the kids a roll of paper towels to hold onto while we shopped. It kept their hands occupied in the shopping cart so they weren't taking thins off the shelf, and they felt like they were part of the shopping. Worked like a charm!

MerHearted

I would like to say that Orlando residents are the whiniest people on the face of the earth! I'm looking at apartments and checking out their ratings. There's not a single apartment complex that doesn't get trashed by its residents. There's always someone in each one that calls it the worst place they ever lived in. Oh come on people! :brick:

Nemo14

One of the big thrills for DD when we'd go visit my mom in Florida was going to Publix because they had miniature shopping carts for the kids to push around. We always let her push one with us, and we'd put select things in hers to make her feel special. I think they've since done away with them because too many kids were turned loose with them and they were racing all over the stores in them! :fork:

Nemo14

I would like to say that Orlando residents are the whiniest people on the face of the earth! I'm looking at apartments and checking out their ratings. There's not a single apartment complex that doesn't get trashed by its residents. There's always someone in each one that calls it the worst place they ever lived in. Oh come on people! :brick:
Keep looking Vince - you'll find something great I'm sure!

figmentmom

You haven't met them ALL yet. One of my best friends lives in Orlando. Give the place a chance. :)

Fantasmic!329

Hello.

I'm cranky.

My feet hurt.

It was hotter than blazes at work today.

I turned on the A/C when I got home.

My paycheck paid me too much.

My dad says I have to tell them. :brick:

DDuckFan130

Who have you talked to? :lookaroun

Because really, our kids just don't watch enough TV. And we haven't found enough ways to outsource our jobs as parents yet...:rolleyes:

As much as I despise this whole concept, somebody is going to get filthy rich.

One of the big thrills for DD when we'd go visit my mom in Florida was going to Publix because they had miniature shopping carts for the kids to push around. We always let her push one with us, and we'd put select things in hers to make her feel special. I think they've since done away with them because too many kids were turned loose with them and they were racing all over the stores in them! :fork:

We have them at our local markets, and the only time Em is allowed to use one is when I'm doing a marketing small enough to fit in the wee cart. That way I can control the situation...I've seen tons of kids with these things and the parents just think it's sooooo adorable to let their kids wreak havoc with them....grrrrrr.

Hello.

I'm cranky.

My feet hurt.

Oh, you know you would have anyway.

Sorry you're feeling cranky. :(

mpoppins76

Vince are you looking for roommates or will you live alone?
*pokes head in thread*
:wave:
Hello.

I'm cranky.

My feet hurt.

Freddie! I drove past your exit yesterday & this morning & smiled, wondering if you were working. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom