Welcome "home", Disneyfalcon!

Disneyfalcon

I dunno...if I was in DC I would be on the go. Will you get to see the fireworks show at the National Mall? We got to go in like '99. Brian was still in diapers but walking. Best fireworks show I've ever seen in my entire life. Hands down. Yes, I thought better than Disney. ;)

Well I would be on the go if I hadn't been here for the last two years. But now it's old hat!

I have done the fireworks before and I agree, they were the best ever. We may fight the crowds and do it this year. :)

sweetpee_1993

Well I would be on the go if I hadn't been here for the last two years. But now it's old hat!

I have done the fireworks before and I agree, they were the best ever. We may fight the crowds and do it this year. :)

When we went we were in DC for Tracey's cousin's outdoor/garden wedding. A crazy heat wave hit and temps were 100+. Brian was not yet 2, Chandler was 3. During the wedding I stayed in the rental van we had w/the boys (a/c). They would've been a nightmare. We only got to the air & space museum because it was too hot to be walking the boys around outside all day. I did get to see The Wall at about 11:30 at night. Temps were still in the mid-90s but I had to touch it. We met Tracey's uncle & cousin for the fireworks. Waiting for the sun to set it was so miserably hot. We stripped both boys down to diaper/shorts only. Brian was still puking up his milk because it curdled in his belly. The whole time I kept sneaking glares at Tracey. A few times I whispered how I was going to kill him for making us go thru such hell. But then, the music & the fireworks started and we were there, laid down on a sheet on the National Mall gazing at the sky and the Washington Monument. Even the boys laid still and watched. Our crazy little family on our first real vacation right there in our nation's capital. Every shot that launched shook the ground. Chandler would squeal which sent Brian into giggles. It was a completely enchanted moment that I will never forget. I know it was like midnight before we got back to our hotel in Bethesda (via Metro & our rented mini-van). It was worth it in every way. I still thank Tracey for pushing me relentlessly to go do it. Someday I want to see those fireworks again. ;)

Disneyfalcon

When we went we were in DC for Tracey's cousin's outdoor/garden wedding. A crazy heat wave hit and temps were 100+. Brian was not yet 2, Chandler was 3. During the wedding I stayed in the rental van we had w/the boys (a/c). They would've been a nightmare. We only got to the air & space museum because it was too hot to be walking the boys around outside all day. I did get to see The Wall at about 11:30 at night. Temps were still in the mid-90s but I had to touch it. We met Tracey's uncle & cousin for the fireworks. Waiting for the sun to set it was so miserably hot. We stripped both boys down to diaper/shorts only. Brian was still puking up his milk because it curdled in his belly. The whole time I kept sneaking glares at Tracey. A few times I whispered how I was going to kill him for making us go thru such hell. But then, the music & the fireworks started and we were there, laid down on a sheet on the National Mall gazing at the sky and the Washington Monument. Even the boys laid still and watched. Our crazy little family on our first real vacation right there in our nation's capital. Every shot that launched shook the ground. Chandler would squeal which sent Brian into giggles. It was a completely enchanted moment that I will never forget. I know it was like midnight before we got back to our hotel in Bethesda (via Metro & our rented mini-van). It was worth it in every way. I still thank Tracey for pushing me relentlessly to go do it. Someday I want to see those fireworks again. ;)

Oh that does not sound fun. Heat here in the summer is opressive. But the fireworks part was awesome. Getting home afterwards is a nightmare even if you live here. They're worth it though! :)

DisneyDebNJ

Which one deb? Ill be on one leaving Barcelona in 8 weeks :D
Nice!!!!!!!!!!! I REALLY like the 8 day cruise, stops in Florence, Rome and Pompei. I put dummy dates in for June 2014 (but would want to o in the fall) We were even looking at airfare. I honestly think the cruise bug bit Ron LOL (and we have 60 plus days to go!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom