Website/MDE Major Errors (September 2018)

Hayley In Wonderland

Called just now to see how to remove the cancelled dining reservations. They now have a pre-recorded message about the errors and trying to fix it. I also got the same message on the app this morning.

However, the estimated wait was still over an hour so I hung up. I'm not interested in spending that kind of time and money on a long distance call to fix a mess Disney made, but I may have to if it's not resolved soon.
Where are you based? They have a UK freephone number if you're from here :)

The Mighty Tim

We're still waiting for some Photopass pictures to appear from 6 days ago. We've spoken to people on the ground here a couple of times and they keep telling us they'll be there in a couple of days and reassuring us that they haven't been lost.

worldfanatic

They confirmed the reservations were indeed cancelled and said they removed them from their end, however as of this morning they're still listed on the website under my account.
My canceled reservations are still showing, but I'm gonna just assume that they've been canceled. Your post helped convince me of that.
I'm not going to bother calling and waiting to get through.
If for some reason I'm charged for a no-show, you can bet I'll call and get that reversed after the trip.

RiceCrispyMickey

My canceled reservations are still showing, but I'm gonna just assume that they've been canceled. Your post helped convince me of that.
I'm not going to bother calling and waiting to get through.
If for some reason I'm charged for a no-show, you can bet I'll call and get that reversed after the trip.

I agree, mine are the same. I've got the original emails to say they are cancelled so if they charge I can complain and prove that I did cancel them.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
For those still having problems - try different browsers and the app. On Chrome (my preferred browser), I can make and change fastpasses, but my Itinerary and Plans pages result in a "webpage not working" message. My app (using a Google Pixel phone) seems to be working fine, and I was able to access Itinerary and Plans using Microsoft's Edge browser.

I love Disney, but they have set up a system to optimize your experience. They need to make sure that system actually works.

Hayley In Wonderland

For those still having problems - try different browsers and the app. On Chrome (my preferred browser), I can make and change fastpasses, but my Itinerary and Plans pages result in a "webpage not working" message. My app (using a Google Pixel phone) seems to be working fine, and I was able to access Itinerary and Plans using Microsoft's Edge browser.

I love Disney, but they have set up a system to optimize your experience. They need to make sure that system actually works.
Tried all of this, cannot make any further fps online. I visited last year for 10 days and purchased a 14 days park ticket which wasn't used up, and they are wondering if my account has confused itself and counted those days as opposed to the new tickets. If it's still not working when the site/app is fixed, is there a way I can remove the tickets and re-add them?

DisneyJoe

Tried all of this, cannot make any further fps online. I visited last year for 10 days and purchased a 14 days park ticket which wasn't used up, and they are wondering if my account has confused itself and counted those days as opposed to the new tickets. If it's still not working when the site/app is fixed, is there a way I can remove the tickets and re-add them?
I'd call MDE tech support for help

geekza

Yeah, I got up early this morning to make FP+ reservations for our trip in November and, at first, couldn't get through. Then I got the app to go through and reserved a FoP FP+ (one of the few remaining), only to have it disappear from my itinerary moments later. Now, the app and the website say that all FP+ at all parks are gone for every day of my trip, which I know isn't true. Their site is terrible. If they're going to require us to scramble to get FastPasses months in advance, they need to at least have the infrastructure to handle the reservations. This is ridiculous.

Deadly Danson

Yeah, I got up early this morning to make FP+ reservations for our trip in November and, at first, couldn't get through. Then I got the app to go through and reserved a FoP FP+ (one of the few remaining), only to have it disappear from my itinerary moments later. Now, the app and the website say that all FP+ at all parks are gone for every day of my trip, which I know isn't true. Their site is terrible. If they're going to require us to scramble to get FastPasses months in advance, they need to at least have the infrastructure to handle the reservations. This is ridiculous.
Same here - managed to book a couple of fastpasses for our last day and now they've all gone for our whole stay. Shambolic system.

geekza

I've finally been able to get on and get things squared away. I got lucky and, though I wasn't able to get most of the times I wanted, I was able to get passes for every attraction I wanted. I think it helped that I'm too big to ride 7DMT and don't have any desire to go to TSL. lol I'm just hoping I can squeeze onto FoP. Time to go on a starvation diet.

JoeT63

I'm currently getting this too. We've set our MagicBands up and are only a few days out from the customise-by date, but they've now disappeared. Our park tickets are all showing twice as well.

They're BAAA-AAACKK!!

Just checked again a few minutes ago, and it appears all is well in MagicBand land again. I was able to customize and we seem to be ready to rock! Give it a look, James, and good luck!

Hayley In Wonderland

They're BAAA-AAACKK!!

Just checked again a few minutes ago, and it appears all is well in MagicBand land again. I was able to customize and we seem to be ready to rock! Give it a look, James, and good luck!
Still not working for me and still saying there are only 4 days on my tickets :(

winstongator

Slightly different problem. I have 2 upcoming trips. In the app I was seeing only one set of FP. I uninstalled the app, reinstalled, still no luck. Logged out of the app, then logged back in, now I see them. I’ve had luck using incognito mode too in Chrome too. It seemed like the website thought I was in Europe. For minor problems that might help.

Hayley In Wonderland

Honestly, I'd give them a call. If it's been a couple of days and you're still seeing incorrect information it sounds like there may be more than standard website crappiness at play.
Spoken to them this afternoon, she assured me that its due to the "enhancements" that are being done to the site. She said the tickets are showing at 14 days and that's what is available, she booked my FP's for me over the phone. If the app is still showing it in a few weeks I will give them another call. She confirmed though that the site is still down, and the issue with no days / tickets not showing is common right now and they are still getting a lot of complaints for that particular issue.

geekza

Spoken to them this afternoon, she assured me that its due to the "enhancements" that are being done to the site. She said the tickets are showing at 14 days and that's what is available, she booked my FP's for me over the phone. If the app is still showing it in a few weeks I will give them another call. She confirmed though that the site is still down, and the issue with no days / tickets not showing is common right now and they are still getting a lot of complaints for that particular issue.
"Enhancements." :hilarious:

I'm glad to hear that they didn't screw up your reservations in their main system. Still, when you are expected to use either the website or the app to facilitate and plan 99% of your trip, you'd better make sure that they work properly.

Hayley In Wonderland

"Enhancements." :hilarious:

I'm glad to hear that they didn't screw up your reservations in their main system. Still, when you are expected to use either the website or the app to facilitate and plan 99% of your trip, you'd better make sure that they work properly.
Yeah, that made me laugh also. Everyone else just told me there was issues with the site :facepalm:

I booked through a TA for my hotel reservations which I managed to link with no issues, and the tickets with floridatix (a UK ticket company), so I had to link these seperate. It's frustrating because FP's are difficult to get even when the site is working properly! She helped though and booked all my FP's over the phone though, so if anyone is having issues booking FPs perhaps try calling :) I was on the phone for 56 minutes but at least I have my FP's after trying for 5 days!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom