Website/MDE Major Errors (September 2018)

worldfanatic

4:10 EST, everything is still down.

I’m starting to consider this thread to be a support group.
Haha.
It's nice to know that if there's any updates, you'll probably find out about it here first.
I've stopped checking MDE every half-hour like I was before.
I'm sure things will work out for everybody. But it's frustrating.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

4:10 EST, everything is still down.

I’m starting to consider this thread to be a support group.
Yup - no ability to link tickets - and appears that WDW has lost data, regarding XMAS Party Tickets, 2018.

What WE did....

1) CALL - this year, wdw did not email E TICKETS.
2) We were clear: Tickets, or CC Challenge.
3) We now have a valid CONFIRMATION NUMBER for our XMAS Party tickets. Something we can PRINT, and take with us, for the NEXT MDE collapse.

HERE is what you will see, effective 17:00 EST, 9-12-2018, when trying to link "forgotten" XMAS PTY Tickets: OTHER tickets may have been lost... we just do not know at this time :(.

I just have to repeat - this isn't a character from the "Wizard of OZ" (Glitch). Computer Systems do not randomly throw up, or just get angry with you. This is the result of BAD IT, INFERIOR coding, and NO CHANGE CONTROL. WDW HAS NO BUSINESS WEBSITE. I pray for the day when they DO....

TODAY is not that day :(.

Attachments

• MDE DEAD.jpg
    MDE DEAD.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 58

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Yup - no ability to link tickets - and appears that WDW has lost data, regarding XMAS Party Tickets, 2018.

What WE did....

1) CALL - this year, wdw did not email E TICKETS.
2) We were clear: Tickets, or CC Challenge.
3) We now have a valid CONFIRMATION NUMBER for our XMAS Party tickets. Something we can PRINT, and take with us, for the NEXT MDE collapse.

HERE is what you will see, effective 17:00 EST, 9-12-2018, when trying to link "forgotten" XMAS PTY Tickets: OTHER tickets may have been lost... we just do not know at this time :(.

I just have to repeat - this isn't a character from the "Wizard of OZ" (Glitch). Computer Systems do not randomly throw up, or just get angry with you. This is the result of BAD IT, INFERIOR coding, and NO CHANGE CONTROL. WDW HAS NO BUSINESS WEBSITE. I pray for the day when they DO....

TODAY is not that day :(.
I updated the thread name since we’re now on the second day of this madness.

Fortunately, I have email confirmation of my park and Halloween tickets. I’d just like the calming feeling of all of this being resolved so I can fix some things on the trip.

DisneyJoe

Nothing is gone, it's just temporarily hidden, it will appear usually by itself or sometimes with the help of tech support.

My agents deal with these issues for our clients every day of the week and it is very frustrating.

As someone with many years in IT, I know this should never happen.

When the system is usable again and you see your info, take screenshots or print info to take on your trip.

Just don't panic, be patient.

worldfanatic

I leave for WDW two weeks from Saturday. ATM the website is missing my MNSSHP ticket and shows several cancelled dining reservations, but those are the only ones that say "cancellation is currently unavailable".

It still lists all my FP+ reservations and my room booking.
Were in the exact same situation, except mine is missing a regular ticket.
I leave in 13 days.

worldfanatic

Nothing is gone, it's just temporarily hidden, it will appear usually by itself or sometimes with the help of tech support.

My agents deal with these issues for our clients every day of the week and it is very frustrating.

As someone with many years in IT, I know this should never happen.

When the system is usable again and you see your info, take screenshots or print info to take on your trip.

Just don't panic, be patient.
Solid, calming info.
Thank you Joe.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
I actually was able to make reservations for my 11/10-16 trip yesterday morning, and I was able to make adjustments during the day. Last night, I printed hard copies of everything as redundancy. It's all showing correctly today.

For those with hard-ticket events, did you get an email when you booked? I did, and my email has a separate barcode.

Now, my app still thinks I'm currently staying either at CR or POR for the next 2 months. Wonder if they'd let me in if I just showed up?

Animaniac93-98

For those with hard-ticket events, did you get an email when you booked? I did, and my email has a separate barcode.

Yes. I also took a screenshot of the confirmation # when I bought it. I always do as a general rule.

My biggest concern would be being charged a no-show fee for cancelled dining reservations.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
I had to sign out and sign back in to my account to see my stuff, but it asked me to link my ticket to get more FP+... and it’s telling me that the number is invalid 🙄

HRHChristine

Sadly, I went to change one day of our November Disney trip last night; canceling our fast passes for that day and then going to pick for the new date. After getting an error message saying we couldn't make any fast passes, I looked at our account and sure enough our tickets were missing and system will not link. Missed the 11:00 p.m. call time (after holding for 1/2 hour) so got up at 0500 (mountain time) to try again this morning. Held for 1 hour and 15 minutes, the cast member that answered was obviously flustered saying "it has to get fixed today" but didn't offer any help. Checked throughout the day to no results like everyone else, but decided to try chat. Chatted with an extremely helpful cast member and was able to resolve my fast pass issue but still no tickets and not able to link them back up. I know I have some time before our trip, but when you're spending lots of money on a vacation, this unknown is nerve-wracking.

Question, we booked a room for the first four days of our vacation at the Holiday Inn Disney Springs (part of the 60 day fast pass group) because all the semi-affordable Disney World resorts were booked. Today I was able to grab a reservation at Caribbean Beach for the same days. I'm going to wait until all this mess resolves, but if I cancel the Holiday Inn will it mess up my fast passes?

Anders Limpar

For Wednesday October 10th, my fast pass reservations and times are showing, I made those Monday morning. Today, I was able to make reservations for Saturday October 13th and they are showing up as well as the times. The two days of reservations that customer service cast members made are showing up but the times aren't, which is very odd. Anyone else having this problem?

Also, do you have to cancel one of three already made fast passes to check availability for other same day fast passes? Or is there a way to check and see what is available for same day without cancelling existing same day fastpasses?

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
This type of thing is now part and parcel of a Disney World vacation, unfortunately.

For me, I can see my plans for November on the website. But the App isn't showing a single thing. Room, Dining, FP+. Luckily I am not at WDW yet, so it's not a huge deal. If I was there though, that would be a major problem.

Weirdly I can still see my In-laws plans for their September trip, as they are linked to me. So, that's something I guess.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
For Wednesday October 10th, my fast pass reservations and times are showing, I made those Monday morning. Today, I was able to make reservations for Saturday October 13th and they are showing up as well as the times. The two days of reservations that customer service cast members made are showing up but the times aren't, which is very odd. Anyone else having this problem?

Also, do you have to cancel one of three already made fast passes to check availability for other same day fast passes? Or is there a way to check and see what is available for same day without cancelling existing same day fastpasses?
Click ‘modify’ and you should be able to see what else is available for attractions.

In other news, my stuff is finally all back as it should be, and I was able to add myself to the Epcot FP+ that Disney kicked me off of (finally).

HRHChristine

You can click modify to check what is available for a same day fast pass, that will show you what is available. If you don’t want to change, scroll down to the bottom of the next page and click start over then click out of the next page, no changes will be made to your current reservation. It is only a problem if you want to switch days, that requires you cancelling all three of your fast passes for that day and starting over.

The fast passes the cast member made for me look like yours, once you click details I can actually see them. Hope they are good once this mess is cleaned up!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom