Website/MDE Major Errors (September 2018)

RiceCrispyMickey

Mine is rather messed up still today. We originally booked All star music then changed to All star sports... it's currently showing us as having reservations at both. It's also showing 4 14day passes (instead of 2), and only 1 MSSHP ticket. Along with all the dining reservations I have previously cancelled. My fastpasses appear ok. We go in 24 days, I suspect they will sort the issue in that time, but I would be mighty frustrated if I was there now, as I've made an cancelled so many ADR's lately (from changing my mind) that I don't know which are right anymore!!

Jedi-Joe

Sadly, I went to change one day of our November Disney trip last night; canceling our fast passes for that day and then going to pick for the new date. After getting an error message saying we couldn't make any fast passes, I looked at our account and sure enough our tickets were missing and system will not link. Missed the 11:00 p.m. call time (after holding for 1/2 hour) so got up at 0500 (mountain time) to try again this morning. Held for 1 hour and 15 minutes, the cast member that answered was obviously flustered saying "it has to get fixed today" but didn't offer any help. Checked throughout the day to no results like everyone else, but decided to try chat. Chatted with an extremely helpful cast member and was able to resolve my fast pass issue but still no tickets and not able to link them back up. I know I have some time before our trip, but when you're spending lots of money on a vacation, this unknown is nerve-wracking.

Question, we booked a room for the first four days of our vacation at the Holiday Inn Disney Springs (part of the 60 day fast pass group) because all the semi-affordable Disney World resorts were booked. Today I was able to grab a reservation at Caribbean Beach for the same days. I'm going to wait until all this mess resolves, but if I cancel the Holiday Inn will it mess up my fast passes?

I would say that as long as you have a disney resort reservation for the same days, it should not affect the fastpasses you setup since both give 60 day advanced FP+ windows. Now if you were to have FP+ reservations 60 days out and cancel the resort reservation, I would like to know what happens to FP+ (assumption would be that they get removed but not sure)

Jedi-Joe

A couple months back I setup my next trip in November (with my Sister) and I had to call in to support as from neither the app nor the website, could I customize the magic bands. I was able to see mine on the website only. Support had to reset something on the backend to fix that. I did notice today that the app does come up with a notification that Disney is aware of some issues and that not all functionality is working. I looked at the customize magicbands (which the app just sends you to the website anyhow) that I cannot see them nor customize them at this time.

I am concerned with this as my 60 day window comes up next week for setting up FP+

If I understand correctly, MDE is an in-house written application/software so any bugs/issues/etc would fall entirely on Disney's IT which would mean that they are not fully testing any additional code / functionality fully before being released for customer use.

Anders Limpar

So, for the two days of fast pass reservations I made, the modify button shows up and I am free to change times, attractions, whatever. But for the two days of fast pass reservations that a customer service cast member set up, there is no modify option. My times are back for all attractions.

Did anybody ask for a bonus fast pass for all of your trouble waiting on the phone, etc.? Can the cast member even do that unless there is a time slot free for a particular attraction?

Last edited:

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Now, an update....

9-13-2018, apx 9:00 EST - our missing reservation data re-materialized. So, halting our CC Challenge....

But an addition?....

There has been a trend to NOT provide emailed backup data to people booking Special Events. This year? NO E-TICKETS.
Just us? ANYTHING you have paid for should be confirmed by a RES NUMBER. Something you can PRINT, and take WITH you. The so-called "WDW Computer System" can NOT be relied on to actually retain this data. Because it is not a reliable, BUSINESS Computer System.

Perhaps one day? It will be. TODAY is not that day :(.

Clamman73

Today is my 60 day fastpass booking date...could not do it at all this morning (still can't past 30 days as of 600pm).

Called around 8:00 this morning...waited on hold for about hour and half to two hours. Spoke to someone who then chatted with the IT dept and then spoke to me again. She was able to put fastpasses for my dates but I only asked for the tough ones to get like FOP, PP, 7 dwarves, Frozen. Some were already into the afternoon times. I am considered 0 Guests at this time.

So the problem is my Pop Century reservation isn't being seen as linked and there wasn't a way to trick the computers to do so...they still seem to be working on it.
IMG_6F0342A42352-1.jpeg

kelknight84

We're in the World now and life is terrible. My entire family is missing from MDE. So I can't modify, add, or delete fast passes. But of course all their bands work on the hotel room door and resort entry gate and NONE of mine do. Luckily everything worked to get in park and our prescheduled FP worked. But we could not get any additional. Even going to a kiosk the kiosk wouldn't load and just said error. The cast member assigned there didn't have a clue what to do. The people at the front desk couldn't do anything either. So we'll see how tomorrow goes.

Also can't edit any part of our trip in October so missing out on big FP's I'm sure.

Extremely frustrated!

DisneyJoe

We're in the World now and life is terrible. My entire family is missing from MDE. So I can't modify, add, or delete fast passes. But of course all their bands work on the hotel room door and resort entry gate and NONE of mine do. Luckily everything worked to get in park and our prescheduled FP worked. But we could not get any additional. Even going to a kiosk the kiosk wouldn't load and just said error. The cast member assigned there didn't have a clue what to do. The people at the front desk couldn't do anything either. So we'll see how tomorrow goes.

Also can't edit any part of our trip in October so missing out on big FP's I'm sure.

Extremely frustrated!
Best thing to do is call MDE Tech Support - but you could be working with them for 1 to 2 hours between holding and getting it fixed....

Guest services at the park or your resort may be able to help too.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Sigh.... NONE of you should have to know the following....

There IS no MDE. The "system" consists of a front end Web site, slaved to old school Mainframes. SEVERAL of them.
This "system" is a hodgepodge of failing backend Data Base Systems circa 1980. The "Website" you see is lipstick on a pig.
When one ancient element goes south? The "System" croaks.

Now - Hotels. They each have their OWN local computer system, that tries desperately to talk to the MAIN system. This often fails.
That is why you can't get your MB to open your room lock.... but you CAN use it to pay at a Restaurant - even in a Hotel :). Front Desk? You will get the "OH! We need to REPROGRAM" line. This is the Front Desk kicking the main back end DB, yelling "HEY STUPID! WAKE UP!"

NEVER do this. It's a local HOTEL issue.

So - 99.9% of the issues you encounter have to do with MDE being a NON-BUSINESS WEBSITE. It is a mish-mosh of old mainframes, force-glued into something resembling a business website. It's a fake. MDE is a not-so-carefully crafted illusion, that likely drives whatever offshore WDW IT nuts.

WHAT to do? EVERY Reservation.... Room, Dining, Special Event? GET A CONFIRMATION NUMBER. PRINT that number, and carry it. That's for the next time this joke collapses. And it does so REGULARLY. You will note - AMAZON (a SERIOUS Business Website) never does this to you.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Today is my 60 day fastpass booking date...could not do it at all this morning (still can't past 30 days as of 600pm).

Called around 8:00 this morning...waited on hold for about hour and half to two hours. Spoke to someone who then chatted with the IT dept and then spoke to me again. She was able to put fastpasses for my dates but I only asked for the tough ones to get like FOP, PP, 7 dwarves, Frozen. Some were already into the afternoon times. I am considered 0 Guests at this time.

So the problem is my Pop Century reservation isn't being seen as linked and there wasn't a way to trick the computers to do so...they still seem to be working on it.
View attachment 313133
If you click the FP+ reservations, the correct number of guests might show up. That’s what happened for me last year and looks like it’s the same issue this year-
38992A1F-5DA2-4E53-AFB3-1DCCCE3C0AB7.png

9C2B709F-9518-4C0B-9A8A-5C5E4C27A580.jpeg

JoeT63

My problem doesn't seem to be FP's, but my MagicBand order isn't showing up. Wrong party, no customizable bands, and the error message at the top of the page. Since I'm 9 days from my Customize-by date, I called this morning. 40 minute hold, then a very nice but obviously weary tech helped me out. (Weary from having to deal with all these issues, that is.) I said something about "been busy lately?"...she laughed and said "It's all part of the Magical Enhancements" they're making to the site.

Thing is, she couldn't fix my problem, so she escalated the MagicBand order and did it 'manually'. (She asked me for the names and colors for each one.) So now I expect my MagicBands, but we'll see if they're linked properly etc. Let's just say I'll be schlepping along my DME paperwork and all email backup to my online orders (park tix, MNSSHP tix, Memory Maker, etc.)!

James J

In the Parks
No
My problem doesn't seem to be FP's, but my MagicBand order isn't showing up. Wrong party, no customizable bands, and the error message at the top of the page. Since I'm 9 days from my Customize-by date, I called this morning. 40 minute hold, then a very nice but obviously weary tech helped me out. (Weary from having to deal with all these issues, that is.) I said something about "been busy lately?"...she laughed and said "It's all part of the Magical Enhancements" they're making to the site.

Thing is, she couldn't fix my problem, so she escalated the MagicBand order and did it 'manually'. (She asked me for the names and colors for each one.) So now I expect my MagicBands, but we'll see if they're linked properly etc. Let's just say I'll be schlepping along my DME paperwork and all email backup to my online orders (park tix, MNSSHP tix, Memory Maker, etc.)!

I'm currently getting this too. We've set our MagicBands up and are only a few days out from the customise-by date, but they've now disappeared. Our park tickets are all showing twice as well.

Animaniac93-98

Called just now to see how to remove the cancelled dining reservations. They now have a pre-recorded message about the errors and trying to fix it. I also got the same message on the app this morning.

However, the estimated wait was still over an hour so I hung up. I'm not interested in spending that kind of time and money on a long distance call to fix a mess Disney made, but I may have to if it's not resolved soon.

Hayley In Wonderland

I'm having so many problems. I linked my tickets to my reservation - I purchased 2 14 day park hopper tickets with Magic Maker. The tickets are only showing as having 4 days left on the tickets, despite them being brand new and never used. I spoke with Disney and they confirmed that nothing had been used on the tickets. I'm on 57 days and cannot book FPs for more than 4 days per person as we have used the fastpass limit. I called up and I got a FP for FOP and TT, but cannot get anything else until it's back up and running. It's now been down dor a week, with no estimation as to when it's going to be back up and running again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom