Trip Report We are GROOT!

Hello friends! Well it has finally arrived and the five of us are packed up and headed to Disney World for a mega trip. We are on the road now and stopping in Columbia, South Carolina for the night. (Max we also have 2 Toyotas😁)We left a little later than we wanted to because our 2 cats, sensing our departure, escaped outside.

The cast is the same as usual, my crazy Disney family, my husband, Den, my oldest son Hunter, 18, middle child Camden, 11, Brinley, 7 and me, Deighton! Hunter graduated from highschool on June 2 and is doing a year at community College to get his prerequisites out of the way. Our extended trip is his graduation present. (His choice! Who am I to say no.) Plenty of details to come! Happy Thursday everyone! Woohoo!!
20230607_195608.jpg
20230602_171622.jpg
20230602_175627.jpg

20230608_063815.jpg

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I still haven’t decided whether I’m brave enough to do a report as never done one. We always went in September but since we haven’t been for 15 years and are in our 60’s we are hoping we can cope with the heat. At least there is air conditioning everywhere.
Please do. We would love to hear the perspective of someone hasn't been for 15 years. Even if it is a short one. Help me out here folks!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I still haven’t decided whether I’m brave enough to do a report as never done one. We always went in September but since we haven’t been for 15 years and are in our 60’s we are hoping we can cope with the heat. At least there is air conditioning everywhere.

Please do. We would love to hear the perspective of someone hasn't been for 15 years. Even if it is a short one. Help me out here folks!

Ditto!

littleroo

Original Poster
Nope.
That Is Unacceptable Bernie Sanders GIF by Election 2016

You have to do a trip report. Trip reports come in all forms. At least tell us your favorite things! I live vicariously through all these wonderful trip reports!!

littleroo

Original Poster
Well folks we are 7 hours from home. I do have more food stories for you! I( I can't wait to be stocking beer and carrying buckets of ice!) Last night we met my brother and niece for dinner at the Magic Mushroom. It was very good and very well timed!
20230624_175513.jpg

The company was the best part! I haven't seen he and his family in far too long so it was great catching up!
20230624_190936.jpg
IMG_5452.jpg
IMG_5444.jpg

We laughed the entire time and told the kids stories of our youth. The boys were not allowed to eat if they touched their phones.
Seinfeld Soup GIF

I have no pictures but Den, Brin and I split the Greek salad. The Greek dressing was spot on. We also had an ake pizza.

alice in wonderland mushrooms GIF

The kids had wings and pizza. My brother and niece are vegans but the Mellow Mushroom has vegan cheese so they all had bruschetta and pizza. It was the perfect way to end one of the best vacations ever.

I should have named this trip report a room with a view or not a view! Last night we were on the 5th floor again with a gorgeous view of Ballantyne near Charlotte.
20230624_195710.jpg

littleroo

Original Poster
We just left Charlotte about 20 minutes ago. It would have been sooner but the kids had breakfast which was excellent according to them. Den and I fueled up on coffee and yogurt. There is no traffic.
knock lisa kudrow GIF by The Comeback HBO

We should be home by 4!
I think it is finally safe to a say this is one of the healthiest vacations we have ever had. Of course, it was the first time I was prepared for anything and everything
200.gif

Den and I always laugh because we have a theory for everything with no factual proof to back it up. I believe it was from not flying. Brin had her allergies of course which we figured out. Brin is allergic to dogs and dogs can stay at The Boardwalk. There must have been one in the room recently. Once we moved to the Vistana... poof they were gone!
Magic Vanish GIF by VPRO

I am going to dump Den and the kids off and go buy groceries for my empty shelves. Summer vacation is here and the kids shall eat me out of house and home but you guys know that already❤

littleroo

Original Poster
I loved your trip report and I am sad that the trip is over. I am also from the Pittsburgh area. I live about 15 minutes from the airport in Beaver County.
Thanks for reading! I am in the North Hills and work in McCandless. There are many of us on this forum from the Burgh and devote Steeler fans! I am sad the trip is over, too but I gotta get back to work to save for the next one😀

littleroo

Original Poster
So you may be confused with a room without a view statement. I don't know how well I can put this into words. Does anyone know the large billboard of Grumpy and Dopey when you have just left Disney property? I believe they are diamond mining obviously advertising for 7dms.
Well our room at the Vistana was directly behind this sign🤣 We went with a room with a truly magnificent view to not being able to see🤣 God does work in mysterious ways!
youtube creator GIF

littleroo

Original Poster
Your TR was a blast. I’m a little sad it’s over but glad you have so many fun memories of great times with your kids.
Thanks so much! I am sure my Disney depression is coming. I don't know what I am going to Google night and day like I have for the last 3 months😆 However the kids being on summer vacation will keep me busy and happy! I am actually one of those weird parents who love summer vacation and school breaks!

Last edited:

donaldtoo

I left out a segment of the trip that I guess I keep blocking out or have forgotten due to trauma. I still have a bump on my head and a bruised wrist.
My story begins with a washer and dryer on top of each other and an iron on top of the dryer but on a small shelf.
Behind The Scenes GIF by BET Awards

You can probably imagine what will happen next! So I filled the washer with water, put the soap in, and then the clothes. So far so good. Well I can't close the lid because I am an idiot. I shook the washer and down, down came the iron straight on my head.
Frustrated Goldie Hawn GIF by NBC
Bounced off my head and onto my wrist. So the washer has a switch on it that releases the lid that attached to the dryer. Who knew?

That happened the morning of the day I met @Tuvalu and Woody. I guess it is good that I have a hard head and was excited to hopefully meet my friend.
Snl Burn GIF by Saturday Night Live

Sorry, had to give that a laughing emoji…I figured you were probably OK since you were able to post about it…!!! ;)

donaldtoo

Well folks that about wraps it up! We said our goodbyes on the way out as we traditionally do. Goodbye Raglan Road, goodbye Morimoto, goodbye lime garage, etc...

The kids went for a swim for an hour while Den and I packed and did most of the laundry. We are in Georgia now and refueled. Then went to Subway. We found these chips which I know many of you are familiar with but we don't have them in the Burgh.View attachment 726227
Really yummy and zero calories. The trees are beautiful here!View attachment 726228
That is the end of my Disney report. Thanks for all the input and following. I am going to continue until we get home. Next up we are meeting my brother and niece, you guessed it, at a restaurant at 6. It is called the Mello Mushroom. I guess they are popular around here. I promise when we get home we are eating nothing but lettuce and water for weeks!
Wet Hot American Summer Cooking GIF by NETFLIX

On our WDW family trips in the summers of ‘12 and ‘13, I had the DDP with my 50% CM discount. Up until that point, we never ate so much food in our lives…well, until we started cruising…!!!!! :hilarious:Lettuce and water for everybody…!!! ;)

donaldtoo

Yes!! We have wanted to meet forever! Definitely not in the summer. I can't wait to go home for one reason, well two. First for our cats Trolls and Blaze but second the weather. The lows are still in the 50's in June!
I think I am going to have salad and mushroom pizza. I am sure I will take pictures 🤣My brother and niece are vegans so I try to be respectful.
Thanks for following and big hugs!!!!

This was our temp at 10:31a…!!!!! :hilarious:

78C72D86-F2A9-4F64-AD91-AFA32729CA92.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom