Trip Report We are GROOT!

Hello friends! Well it has finally arrived and the five of us are packed up and headed to Disney World for a mega trip. We are on the road now and stopping in Columbia, South Carolina for the night. (Max we also have 2 Toyotas😁)We left a little later than we wanted to because our 2 cats, sensing our departure, escaped outside.

The cast is the same as usual, my crazy Disney family, my husband, Den, my oldest son Hunter, 18, middle child Camden, 11, Brinley, 7 and me, Deighton! Hunter graduated from highschool on June 2 and is doing a year at community College to get his prerequisites out of the way. Our extended trip is his graduation present. (His choice! Who am I to say no.) Plenty of details to come! Happy Thursday everyone! Woohoo!!
20230607_195608.jpg
20230602_171622.jpg
20230602_175627.jpg

20230608_063815.jpg

littleroo

Original Poster
Good Morning! Well we hit the road around 745. It was a little later than we wanted to but we are making good time now.
Hoping Neil Patrick Harris GIF

As I stated earlier, finding that load of clothes in the dryer was pretty comical.... now. I thought Den had done it and he thought I had done.

Anywho... I only have a little bit left to report on and then we are going to play a game. I hope everyone enjoys!

Last night, I left off with giant charcuterie board at Wine Bar George. This thing was well worth the price! The staff was extremely knowledgeable (except our server who was more interested in flipping tables and making it VERY obvious). There were 2 goat cheeses from Spain. Fun fact, I am not a picky eater (shocker) but I do not like, goat cheese, swiss cheese, or anything gamey tasting like pate. Den forced me to try the goat cheeses
Special Forces Do Not Want GIF by Beverley Mitchell

Guess what? They were delicious! Now I say I only like goat cheese from Spain!
Black And White Flirting GIF by Laff

littleroo

Original Poster
Sorry I posted but we are going in and out of service and I didn't want to lose the info so this may be choppy. We just left Florida! Hello Georgia!
20230623_170716.jpg

Ok. I brought it back up for reference. The 2 cheeses above from Spain. Then the tiny pickles have a fancy name. The mortadella was delicious and didn't taste like bologna as most places serve. The cheese in the center was Wisconsin 22 month dried aged sharp cheddar. Our table easily could have eaten a lot more of this except Brinley who hates cheese and was getting frustrated from the talk and smells. The blue cheese was wonderful especially with the honey suckle. The Brie and stone ground mustard was my absolute favorite combination. Cam loved the salami and kept bargaining for things.
Calm Down Chill Out GIF

littleroo

Original Poster
Ok. Enough charcuterie talk. The server was getting antsy but she was in for another hour with us. They serve most things family style here. I would think you would expect people taking there time.
20230623_170146.jpg
20230623_170152.jpg

Hunter and Brin got orgeat lemonade. It is almond flavored lemonade. It was surprising good!
Cam had to get the mac n cheese bites. These are big in Pittsburgh right now. I don't really get it but to each their own.
20230623_172539.jpg

Next up was Hunter's very cool choice was a cheese flambe. Too bad he was in the bathroom when it was served🙄
20230623_175000.jpg
20230623_175032.jpg

Ok. Yes we are gluttons! Feel free to talk amongst yourself because I almost fell over when Den ordered this bad boy!
20230623_181934.jpg

Strip steak, Kale, and spinach with ake mushrooms that serves 4!
Community Reaction GIF

It was perfectly cooked! It was a tad too salty for us be we are not salt people. I had a glass of pinot noir and love the wine glasses.
20230623_175304.jpg

Brin had the kids meatball but the meatballs were sweet meatballs. Not a big win. They also came out with parmesan cheese so they were sent back. She ended up eating the strawberry tarte. She and Den both liked it. I have no idea how he was still eating!
20230623_181633.jpg

littleroo

Original Poster
Well folks that about wraps it up! We said our goodbyes on the way out as we traditionally do. Goodbye Raglan Road, goodbye Morimoto, goodbye lime garage, etc...

The kids went for a swim for an hour while Den and I packed and did most of the laundry. We are in Georgia now and refueled. Then went to Subway. We found these chips which I know many of you are familiar with but we don't have them in the Burgh.
20230624_114827.jpg

Really yummy and zero calories. The trees are beautiful here!
20230624_112910.jpg

That is the end of my Disney report. Thanks for all the input and following. I am going to continue until we get home. Next up we are meeting my brother and niece, you guessed it, at a restaurant at 6. It is called the Mello Mushroom. I guess they are popular around here. I promise when we get home we are eating nothing but lettuce and water for weeks!
Wet Hot American Summer Cooking GIF by NETFLIX

donaldtoo

Good Morning! Well we hit the road around 745. It was a little later than we wanted to but we are making good time now.
Hoping Neil Patrick Harris GIF

As I stated earlier, finding that load of clothes in the dryer was pretty comical.... now. I thought Den had done it and he thought I had done.

Anywho... I only have a little bit left to report on and then we are going to play a game. I hope everyone enjoys!

Last night, I left off with giant charcuterie board at Wine Bar George. This thing was well worth the price! The staff was extremely knowledgeable (except our server who was more interested in flipping tables and making it VERY obvious). There were 2 goat cheeses from Spain. Fun fact, I am not a picky eater (shocker) but I do not like, goat cheese, swiss cheese, or anything gamey tasting like pate. Den forced me to try the goat cheeses
Special Forces Do Not Want GIF by Beverley Mitchell

Guess what? They were delicious! Now I say I only like goat cheese from Spain!
Black And White Flirting GIF by Laff

:hilarious:
Like potatoes/potato dishes, I have yet to meet a cheese I didn’t like, but my favorites are any of the blue veined cheeses (Bleu Cheese, Gorgonzola, Roquefort, etc. ), and Brie…!!!!! :hungry:

donaldtoo

I have not found a Swiss cheese I like from any country yet! Besides Swiss cheese is rip off cheese!! It has all those holes in it🤣
I can see it now…
“Excuse me, can I get a discount for all the missing cheese because of all the holes here, please…?!”…!!!!! :hilarious:

Different, of course, but, this reminds me of clients we once had…
They wanted us to not count the walls of their home design (I design high-end homes for a living) in our heated/cooled and total covered area calculations, for bidding purposes, because it was “unusable space”…?!?!?! 🤔:cyclops:
Never mind that that all the material to make the walls actually creates the spaces and structural support, and also has foundation below and roof above…it was a memorable nice try, though…!!!!! :hilarious:

littleroo

Original Poster
:hilarious:
Like potatoes/potato dishes, I have yet to meet a cheese I didn’t like, but my favorites are any of the blue veined cheeses (Bleu Cheese, Gorgonzola, Roquefort, etc. ), and Brie…!!!!! :hungry:
I bought Denny a cheese making kit for Christmas a few years ago. He, now, makes the best fresh mozzarella. It was definitely trial and error for a minute but oh so good now!

littleroo

Original Poster
I can see it now…
“Excuse me, can I get a discount for all the missing cheese because of all the holes here, please…?!”…!!!!! :hilarious:

Different, of course, but, this reminds me of clients we once had…
They wanted us to not count the walls of their home design (I design high-end homes for a living) in our heated/cooled and total covered area calculations, for bidding purposes, because it was “unusable space”…?!?!?! 🤔:cyclops:
Never mind that that all the material to make the walls actually creates the spaces and structural support, and also has foundation below and roof above…it was a memorable nice try, though…!!!!! :hilarious:
People are nuts and everyone wants something for nothing. I get it, Den was a contractor for years. Boy does he have stories . The number of women who said, it doesn't hurt to ask or took weeks picking out the perfect fixtures and then wanted them installed yesterday.
Shocked Cosmo Kramer GIF

Last edited:

donaldtoo

Hunter and Brin got orgeat lemonade. It is almond flavored lemonade. It was surprising good!
Cam had to get the mac n cheese bites. These are big in Pittsburgh right now. I don't really get it but to each their own. View attachment 726218
Next up was Hunter's very cool choice was a cheese flambe. Too bad he was in the bathroom when it was served🙄View attachment 726221View attachment 726222
Ok. Yes we are gluttons! Feel free to talk amongst yourself because I almost fell over when Den ordered this bad boy!View attachment 726223
Strip steak, Kale, and spinach with ake mushrooms that serves 4!
Community Reaction GIF

It was perfectly cooked! It was a tad too salty for us be we are not salt people. I had a glass of pinot noir and love the wine glasses.View attachment 726224
Brin had the kids meatball but the meatballs were sweet meatballs. Not a big win. They also came out with parmesan cheese so they were sent back. She ended up eating the strawberry tarte. She and Den both liked it. I have no idea how he was still eating!View attachment 726226

Oh my.
All the food, and drink, and more food, on top of food, with extra food sauce…!!!!! :hungry: :hilarious:

littleroo

Original Poster
I left out a segment of the trip that I guess I keep blocking out or have forgotten due to trauma. I still have a bump on my head and a bruised wrist.
My story begins with a washer and dryer on top of each other and an iron on top of the dryer but on a small shelf.
Behind The Scenes GIF by BET Awards

You can probably imagine what will happen next! So I filled the washer with water, put the soap in, and then the clothes. So far so good. Well I can't close the lid because I am an idiot. I shook the washer and down, down came the iron straight on my head.
Frustrated Goldie Hawn GIF by NBC
Bounced off my head and onto my wrist. So the washer has a switch on it that releases the lid that attached to the dryer. Who knew?

That happened the morning of the day I met @Tuvalu and Woody. I guess it is good that I have a hard head and was excited to hopefully meet my friend.
Snl Burn GIF by Saturday Night Live

93boomer

Premium Member
Well folks that about wraps it up! We said our goodbyes on the way out as we traditionally do. Goodbye Raglan Road, goodbye Morimoto, goodbye lime garage, etc...

The kids went for a swim for an hour while Den and I packed and did most of the laundry. We are in Georgia now and refueled. Then went to Subway. We found these chips which I know many of you are familiar with but we don't have them in the Burgh.View attachment 726227
Really yummy and zero calories. The trees are beautiful here!View attachment 726228
That is the end of my Disney report. Thanks for all the input and following. I am going to continue until we get home. Next up we are meeting my brother and niece, you guessed it, at a restaurant at 6. It is called the Mello Mushroom. I guess they are popular around here. I promise when we get home we are eating nothing but lettuce and water for weeks!
Wet Hot American Summer Cooking GIF by NETFLIX
Best TR!! I really loved everything about it!
We are going to make our meetup possible some day. 🤞🏻
You guys sound like you had the best time. Really enjoyed all the antics by the kids.🤣
Mellow Mushroom is the best! Enjoy the pizza or pasta. We have had good food every single time.
Safe travels the rest of the way! Thanks so much for sharing your adventures with us! ❤️

littleroo

Original Poster
Best TR!! I really loved everything about it!
We are going to make our meetup possible some day. 🤞🏻
You guys sound like you had the best time. Really enjoyed all the antics by the kids.🤣
Mellow Mushroom is the best! Enjoy the pizza or pasta. We have had good food every single time.
Safe travels the rest of the way! Thanks so much for sharing your adventures with us! ❤️
Yes!! We have wanted to meet forever! Definitely not in the summer. I can't wait to go home for one reason, well two. First for our cats Trolls and Blaze but second the weather. The lows are still in the 50's in June!
I think I am going to have salad and mushroom pizza. I am sure I will take pictures 🤣My brother and niece are vegans so I try to be respectful.
Thanks for following and big hugs!!!!

93boomer

Premium Member
Yes!! We have wanted to meet forever! Definitely not in the summer. I can't wait to go home for one reason, well two. First for our cats Trolls and Blaze but second the weather. The lows are still in the 50's in June!
I think I am going to have salad and mushroom pizza. I am sure I will take pictures 🤣My brother and niece are vegans so I try to be respectful.
Thanks for following and big hugs!!!!
Hugs back!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom