WDW website update features Test Track concept art!

WDWFREAK53

Here is some concept of the new ride vehicles.

tron_legacy_car_poster-214x300.jpg

Uncle Lupe

well, i think you have to consider the frame work of the ride. it's still going to be test track. so given that, the question should be: will the new version of the ride present us with a futuristic vision of how cars (or transportation) are tested? not: cars are not futuristic, so this isn't a step forward for the attraction. at least, that's my opinion.

i think it has the potential to be much closer to the vision of future world than anything the company has added there in the last decade or so.

That's what I am saying. Cars are already tested and designed the way they are presenting. That future is now. Maybe your Mii from home will be seen in the car that you designed in the line.
So if the ride is not changing this is not a big change. They have said that, the ride is not changing just the surroundings. Just giving you what happens on a computer screen vs "real life tests".

I am glad the ride is getting refreshed. After watching the Martin video again I see all of the line and show elements that did not work on my visit.

Just giving the ride a Tron inspired overlay with nice lighting is not bringing the future to Future World. That is just blinding you so you don't see the bad anymore.

Is this the beginning of the "Spirited Change" that I have read about?

Timekeeper

I enjoyed the classic, traditional "test course," but I also welcome the Tron-like makeover. The attraction is, after all, located in Future World. So it makes sense. :sohappy:

6937987220_58f7eb667b.jpg

The Universe of Energy, on the other hand...

epcotuniverseofnrg1.jpg

:cry:

rle4lunch

much better

Just listening to the minute details that were given out in this video, it sounds 10x better than the original, may I say, Hokey, ride. This seems to be more interactive, conducive of the origins of Epcot attractions. Of course we won't know anything conclusive for a few months, but I'll be trying this ride the first week of December when I'm down there this year.

montyz81

Does anyone know if there is going to be a "World of Motion" component to this? Animatronic show seens, or homage to WoM?

It means, no doubt, that the last relics of WoM will likely be completely gone from the building. I hope it's not true, but it likely is.

Still optimistic, though, still optimistic. Not sure how they're going to take 6 individual car designs and incorporate them into one car--and from the interview, it sounds like he doesn't know either. Notice the non-answer when asked if it's going to be "screen heavy". I really hope it isn't.

raven

It means, no doubt, that the last relics of WoM will likely be completely gone from the building. I hope it's not true, but it likely is.

Still optimistic, though, still optimistic. Not sure how they're going to take 6 individual car designs and incorporate them into one car--and from the interview, it sounds like he doesn't know either. Notice the non-answer when asked if it's going to be "screen heavy". I really hope it isn't.

Kinda find it funny though that in the video, the circles showing the different design stages resemble the old Epcot Future World pavilion logos. So maybe the old WoM one will survive in some way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom