WDW website update features Test Track concept art!

Captain Neo

Original Poster
Aside that each cabin, certainly in Orange, would feel the same G no matter which way you point the stick.
In all fairness most of the work upto 180Top was worthy of the parks flagship icon. It's once you reached the 'matrix tunnel' things began to fall apart.

Except for the dumbed down narration of course. Did they even tweak it? I hate those lines like "remember how easy it was to learn your abcs?"

misterID

Don't rule out a change with M:S...the nice thing about the way they have it set up is that technically they could adjust the ride to do exactly what you are saying...I think as they continue to see success with star-tours, and with a little help from ILM...they could most likely achieve this.

I'm actually surprised they didn't try this route to prep TT going down. It would have most definitely helped with the traffic...and with the image of the ride.

It would actually be a pretty extensive (and expensive) upgrade to turn M:S into a pure interactive experience.

My thing is this: if it's not getting the foot traffic it was supposed to get right now and it's not as popular as it was supposed to be, why upgrade it and spend that kind of money on a refurb when it would be the exact same ride?

HMF

In all fairness most of the work upto 180Top was worthy of the parks flagship icon. It's once you reached the 'matrix tunnel' things began to fall apart.
Yeah but the narration destroys the goodwill for the first half not to mention the need to censor Renaissance art.

Mikester71

It's not about not using them, it's about the idiots who constantly hold up the line because of them. And a lot of them aren't really needed.

And no one said it was a failure because of them.

That's a bit of a drama queen statement.

And that Melissa was pretty cute.

She was a little cutey, wasn't she?! Could listen to her talk about the ride all day! :)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yeah but the narration destroys the goodwill for the first half not to mention the need to censor Renaissance art.

Maybe, maybe not. It is dumbed down I agree. Compared to the Perrin script it's kindergarten chatter. I actually disregarded the narration and was thinking more about the technical show scene improvements. I guess if one complains about the VoiceOver we could talk about the state of the ride system too. But that's definitely off topic.

SleepingMonk

So Test Track is getting a chemical peel and some botox....not even a full facelift.

Everything they've shown thus far shows new set dressing but no changes to the actual track layout. The one presenter even makes a point about how the fans don't have to worry about the physical ride changing much.

And the "interactive" portion, according to their statements, simply creates a virtual vehicle that you can compare to the one you're riding in. It doesn't alter the physical experience of the ride.

It's glowing triangles and black curtains all over again.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
^ the track layout isn't changing. It was never said that it would, though a few seem to wish it was! That's beyond the scope of this makeover. A makeover that is looking very nice :)

disnyfan89

So Test Track is getting a chemical peel and some botox....not even a full facelift.

Everything they've shown thus far shows new set dressing but no changes to the actual track layout. The one presenter even makes a point about how the fans don't have to worry about the physical ride changing much.

And the "interactive" portion, according to their statements, simply creates a virtual vehicle that you can compare to the one you're riding in. It doesn't alter the physical experience of the ride.

It's glowing triangles and black curtains all over again.
Or it could be Stairways to no where and glowing feet.

Point being, this is just a refurbishment. Not a new ride. Not sure why everyone seems shocked the ride path isn't changing? It never was going too.

SleepingMonk

Not shocked about the actual ride path not changing but I am a bit surprised they're not even adding true interactive elements.

From what she said in the video you'll simply select predetermined info from a list and "compare" your virtual vehicle to the Test Track car.

Not exactly groundbreaking.

SleepingMonk

Or it could be Stairways to no where and glowing feet.

Point being, this is just a refurbishment. Not a new ride. Not sure why everyone seems shocked the ride path isn't changing? It never was going too.

This looks more like a Space Mountain refurb than a Haunted Mansion one.

MORE VIDEO SCREENS!!!!

Less imagination.

disnyfan89

Not shocked about the actual ride path not changing but I am a bit surprised they're not even adding true interactive elements.

From what she said in the video you'll simply select predetermined info from a list and "compare" your virtual vehicle to the Test Track car.

Not exactly groundbreaking.

No one said it was going to be ground breaking or even new. And by this definition:

in·ter·ac·tive 
adjective
1. acting one upon or with the other.
2. of or pertaining to a two-way system of electronic communications, as by means of television or computer: interactive communications between families using two-way cable television.
3. (of a computer program or system) interacting with a human user, often in a conversational way, to obtain data or commands and to give immediate results or updated information: For many years airline reservations have been handled by interactive computer systems.

Sounds about right to what we can expect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom