WDW website update features Test Track concept art!

dreamscometrue

Judging by that video depending on execution this can either be amazing or a disaster.

I agree. I'm really excited about the concept art and what this has the potential to be. As others have said, I'm just a little apprehensive about how these effects will be pulled off...materials used, quality of sets, etc.

I do complain about others 'trashing' attractions before they are completed, so I will reserve judgement until I ride at Christmas. I'm cautiously optomistic though and happy the attraction is getting a makeover. :)

raven

Test Track's new "interactive" queue will have a great deal to do with the ride experience itself. So to strike it down before anyone has a chance to try it (as so often do on here) is simply unfair.

That being said, the Single Rider and FP lines are supposedly supposed to have these same opportunities as well albiet in brief.

Pioneer Hall

Judging by that video depending on execution this can either be amazing or a disaster.

Well we do always have to keep the door open for a disaster around here.

Test Track's new "interactive" queue will have a great deal to do with the ride experience itself. So to strike it down before anyone has a chance to try it (as so often do on here) is simply unfair.

That being said, the Single Rider and FP lines are supposedly supposed to have these same opportunities as well albiet in brief.

Unfortunately jumping to conclusions is what the fan base does now. It's a shame that we don't wait to see products before forming all of our opinions about them.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I think most people will be happy with the look and feel of the queue and preshow. And possibly the whole overlay.

Gregoryp73

I think most people will be happy with the look and feel of the queue and preshow. And possibly the whole overlay.

If they:

1. Update this ride to represent future tech
2. Fix the software driving the cars

I think I will be totally satisfied. And by the looks of it, I think we have a winner...

Wish list?

1. Make the outside as cool as the inside (including the backstage track)
2. More speed
3. Different Entrance (Rather than the outdoor festival awning)
4. 3d? :D

c-one

If they:

1. Update this ride to represent future tech
2. Fix the software driving the cars

I think I will be totally satisfied. And by the looks of it, I think we have a winner...

Wish list?

1. Make the outside as cool as the inside (including the backstage track)
2. More speed
3. Different Entrance (Rather than the outdoor festival awning)
4. 3d? :D

Uh, the ride's already in 3d, isn't it? :lol:

janoimagine

Very. :D

I think its going to be a huge success. The suits at Chevy are extremely excited about this and I know they have the funds and the creative force to make this an incredible experience. Chevy has tech that will be implmented into this attraction the likes of which we havent seen yet and have the talent in their own internal group that rivals some of the best at Apple. Its going to be a very exciting rehab.

ulto22

I would pay to have an entire EPCOT Center Daft Punk cover album.

133159862915.jpg

Captain Neo

Original Poster

People said the exact same thing about Spaceship Earth's redo and guess what? it SUCKED!

Disney has no idea how to implement interactive elements properly. They think that "well people play video games now so uh if we put simple touchscreen menus and mini games in our queues and rides that's interactive right?" no thats not interactive.

Friggin' Horizons thirty years ago was interactive. Selecting an environment and then actually changing that portion of the ride thats REAL interactivity. That's what people want. Like in Mission Space if the ride actually allowed you to change the events of the ride if you press a button/fail to press a button or move the flight stick in time that would be interactive.

I think what people would prefer is more ride randomizations like the new Star Tours or what Indiana Jones Adventure in California hyped itself up as. Rides should have multiple films multiple tracks so it really is never the same ride twice but ya know that actually requires being creative. Which is something Disney is no longer in the business of doing. Now it's just putting up some touch screens in the pre and post show and having Chevrolet build cheap plywood sets and pepper ghost screens and calling it a day.

Gregoryp73

People said the exact same thing about Spaceship Earth's redo and guess what? it SUCKED!

Disney has no idea how to implement interactive elements properly. They think that "well people play video games now so uh if we put simple touchscreen menus and mini games in our queues and rides that's interactive right?" no thats not interactive.

Friggin' Horizons thirty years ago was interactive. Selecting an environment and then actually changing that portion of the ride thats REAL interactivity. That's what people want. Like in Mission Space if the ride actually allowed you to change the events of the ride if you press a button/fail to press a button or move the flight stick in time that would be interactive.

I think what people would prefer is more ride randomizations like the new Star Tours or what Indiana Jones Adventure in California hyped itself up as. Rides should have multiple films multiple tracks so it really is never the same ride twice but ya know that actually requires being creative. Which is something Disney is no longer in the business of doing.

Don't rule out a change with M:S...the nice thing about the way they have it set up is that technically they could adjust the ride to do exactly what you are saying...I think as they continue to see success with star-tours, and with a little help from ILM...they could most likely achieve this.

I'm actually surprised they didn't try this route to prep TT going down. It would have most definitely helped with the traffic...and with the image of the ride.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Don't rule out a change with M:S...the nice thing about the way they have it set up is that technically they could adjust the ride to do exactly what you are saying.
Aside that each cabin, certainly in Orange, would feel the same G no matter which way you point the stick.
In all fairness most of the work upto 180Top was worthy of the parks flagship icon. It's once you reached the 'matrix tunnel' things began to fall apart.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom