WDW to Raise All Buffet Prices By Almost 50%?

tirian

Good point on EPCOT. I was thinking more DHS (with its poor layout) and parts of AK. With the lack of rides it gets real obvious that it's crowded in those 2 parks. EPCOT only seems crowded if you are waiting standby for Test Track or when leaving after illuminations and even then it isn't terrible or freightening like when wishes ends.
Epcot has more walking space with hardly anything to do if you've been there within the last couple of years. Innoventions is almost completely gutted; Imagination and M:S are enormous pavilions with very short rides; the Seas are only interesting if you happen to catch a dolphin presentation and haven't already seen Turtle Talk 20 times. Of course SSE, TT, Soarin', and LWTL are good fun, but compared to the number of attractions in the MK, Epcot doesn't have many attractions to absorb guests from off the walkways.

On the other hand, EPCOT Center—and even Epcot c. 1994—boasted multiple long attractions that lasted 15–45 minutes each. In World Showcase, every single country had street entertainment. Innoventions (Communicore) was packed with exhibits. Today, the infrastructure is there but the buildings are mostly empty.

But the dining and alcohol prices have continued "soarin"!

asianway

'splain this, please - LOL. They have character meet and greets along the run routes???
It's, well was, their biggest expense associated with the $200 admission fee. They also get a lot of free entertainment by way of high school marching bands, classic car clubs, olde Tyme bicycles, and my personal favorite-the 501st

AEfx

It's, well was, their biggest expense associated with the $200 admission fee. They also get a lot of free entertainment by way of high school marching bands, classic car clubs, olde Tyme bicycles, and my personal favorite-the 501st

Don't I feel silly. I always thought it was just this nice family sports activity with a nominal fee.

Learn something new every day! LOL.

olie64

I was looking at it and what was interesting to me was Hollywood and vine for dine did not have the Buffett symbol so I am wondering if they will turn that in to a menu based dinner instead of the buffet it currently is.

NeverEnufDisney

I have to agree that the prices at WDW have gotten to high and the food quality and taste has gotten worse. I was at Disneyland a couple months ago, talk about night and day with quality and taste. However prices are still too high, but that's been the norm at Disneyland.

AEfx

I have to agree that the prices at WDW have gotten to high and the food quality and taste has gotten worse. I was at Disneyland a couple months ago, talk about night and day with quality and taste. However prices are still too high, but that's been the norm at Disneyland.

I too was impressed with Disneyland.

Now I'm fine as a burgers and fries person a lot of the time, but I just found the variety of good looking and tasting options at Disneyland. First, they have far more eateries than we do in our parks. Second, a lot more variety in not just food but style - great food carts, and even cafeteria style (you can get an awesome hot breakfast in New Orleans square, for example - cafeteria style, so it's quick and relatively cheap - at WDW the only way to get that is to book a $40/head meal six months out). Everything at WDW is just the same everywhere - popcorn and turkey legs. Blech.

The other great thing is that you can always walk across the street to Denny's. I swear, that's one of the best run restaurants I've ever been to in my life - and considering the volume they do, they have to be.

Mongomil

To me it sounds like they are trying to price restaurants so high that it justifies the dining plan. Right now it is very difficult to make the dining plan work for us. We would be paying mostly for convenience with the plan.

Brad Bishop

Here's the deal though many of us REFUSE to pay these insane prices, I'd love to eat in my favorite park restaurants I can even AFFORD to pay todays prices yet I REFUSE to pay them because they are obscene. I just eat in room (DVC) and offsite. Makes me sad but I'm not stupid and paying today's prices at Disney is just stupid.

How many of us can Disney afford to lose? I'm in their currently targeted demographic but they need to provide a great deal more VALUE if they want the 'Wall St Dad' demographic because we demand quality and service, Both of which are currently in short supply at WDW recently.

That's where I'm at. It went from "expensive, but I'll pay it" to "now I just feel stupid". Of course, they, on the whole, are turning me off with all of the cuts + price increases so it doesn't really matter if I'm not eating on-site if I'm not even going to WDW.

Like you, it's not a question of whether I can pay for it more more a question of will I pay for it. I won't.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
That's where I'm at. It went from "expensive, but I'll pay it" to "now I just feel stupid". Of course, they, on the whole, are turning me off with all of the cuts + price increases so it doesn't really matter if I'm not eating on-site if I'm not even going to WDW.

Like you, it's not a question of whether I can pay for it more more a question of will I pay for it. I won't.

Same for me. When I get a bill for $100 for two people for a buffet, I feel like an idiot. I ate two mickey waffles, some soggy bacon, runny eggs, and a piece of kid's breakfast pizza. What the just happened?

COProgressFan

Same for me. When I get a bill for $100 for two people for a buffet, I feel like an idiot. I ate two mickey waffles, some soggy bacon, runny eggs, and a piece of kid's breakfast pizza. What the just happened?

There's definitely a fine line between "overpriced" and "I feel like a sucker". Disney seems to be pushing harder and harder at getting everyone into the "sucker" category. The problem is if you push too far, you anger your guests. All of a sudden a "magical" vacation turns sour and you really start questioning the value of everything at WDW. But clearly Disney has no concept of holding back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom