WDW to Raise All Buffet Prices By Almost 50%?

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
PKI does offer this for passholders -

"When you purchase an All Season Dining Plan, it will automatically be uploaded to your season pass. Simply present your pass at any participating locations throughout the park and enjoy lunch and dinner (with only a 4 hour interval between meals) every time you visit. Drinks are not included but we offer a Souvenir Bottle online at the lowest price.
All Season Dining is $117 for Regular and Gold Passholders and $138 for Platinum Passholders."

For 30 bucks a day you can do this -

"Guests with All Day Dining will receive a wristband at any of the participating locations and enjoy an entree and side as often as every 90 minutes! Drinks are not included. However, you may purchase a Souvenir Bottle online at our best price.
The All Day Dining plan is just $29.99."

21stamps

Because it is not true.
LOL. Ok, just because you don't want to believe something does't make it untrue.

You have no comparison. What did I mention? Ice creams, hotdogs, hamburgers, drinks. Not actual restaurants. Yet you keep doing a copy and a paste of a restaurant. Keep googling.. you apparently are determined.

An actual question though- when did Captain Cook's stop serving fries and chips with their burgers?

21stamps

PKI does offer this for passholders -

"When you purchase an All Season Dining Plan, it will automatically be uploaded to your season pass. Simply present your pass at any participating locations throughout the park and enjoy lunch and dinner (with only a 4 hour interval between meals) every time you visit. Drinks are not included but we offer a Souvenir Bottle online at the lowest price.
All Season Dining is $117 for Regular and Gold Passholders and $138 for Platinum Passholders."

For 30 bucks a day you can do this -

"Guests with All Day Dining will receive a wristband at any of the participating locations and enjoy an entree and side as often as every 90 minutes! Drinks are not included. However, you may purchase a Souvenir Bottle online at our best price.
The All Day Dining plan is just $29.99."

Hey thanks for that info!!!! What does this have anything to do with what we are talking about? Go back and read my first comment (one that I had no clue was such a passionate subject), I mentioned the dining plans and that they are useless to me because they don't include snacks. Which is what we eat the most of there. That has nothing to do with the price of anything that I have talked about, or the price of food in general.

senor_jorge

Barbara Eden+? Bring it!!
But these are Angus burgers and Angus is a top quality burger maker, and guitarist for that well known Aussie beat combo The AC-DC or something. So as always Disney quality is at the cutting edge of burger patty cuisine.

Aaaaahhhh....they are made from guitarist body parts. Clones? Would explain why their angus is a bit different from the angus I have elsewhere.

Being pickled, well aged, and cold smoked would account for a unique flavor and texture.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
LOL. Ok, just because you don't want to believe something does't make it untrue.

You have no comparison. What did I mention? Ice creams, hotdogs, hamburgers, drinks. Not actual restaurants. Yet you keep doing a copy and a paste of a restaurant. Keep googling.. you apparently are determined.

An actual question though- when did Captain Cook's stop serving fries and chips with their burgers?

Your original post was this -

You would hate any Cedar Fair park, their food/beverage prices are almost double Disney's. I do complain about those, so Disney seems less obnoxious to me lol

@xdan0920 did a quick search on cheeseburgers, thus the tangent. You've narrowed your original statement quite a bit.

21stamps

I don't think their quite double. But they're definitely a lot higher. I understand that WDW is a much higher cost trip overall. Strictly talking about theme park food/ drink prices. I just close my eyes and pay...try not to pay too much attention to the cost.lol They do sell daily and annual dining plans, but these don't include any "snacks", I don't think we've ever once been without getting an ice cream or a funnel cake sundae, so the dining plans do not make sense to me there.

Where are you seeing prices on meals for Cedar Fair parks? But anyway, I've never seen a $15 cheeseburger at Disney, not at a quick service place.

P.S. No need to get hostile. But yes, food/drinks are more expensive at a lot of other theme parks, sporting events, concerts etc than WDW..all of them, including WDW are ridiculous, but it is what it is.
@George
Sorry, second post. Here ya go :).

You are very invested in this, I didn't realize food prices were so inflammatory.

Oh and btw, I haven't seen any sandwich that includes a drink at Disney or a Cedar Fair park, so I don't know why you keep repeating the drink thing.

Last edited:

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
But yes, food/drinks are more expensive at a lot of other theme parks, sporting events, concerts etc than WDW..all of them, including WDW are ridiculous, but it is what it is.

That's wrong as @George has proved out.
@George

You are very invested in this, I didn't realize food prices were so inflammatory.

Defending severely over priced foods is a weird hobby.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Hey thanks for that info!!!! What does this have anything to do with what we are talking about? Go back and read my first comment (one that I had no clue was such a passionate subject), I mentioned the dining plans and that they are useless to me because they don't include snacks. Which is what we eat the most of there. That has nothing to do with the price of anything that I have talked about, or the price of food in general.

I think it kind of does. Could you imagine Disney offering you all you can eat sit down meals for $118 for 6 months? They want 62 bucks a day for my 11 and 13 year old. And I only get one nice meal each day for that. People are passionate about it because they are tired of taking it up the wazoo.

I just did a quick look. In some cases the snack prices at PKI are 10-20% more, but not all. Also, if you're just buying snacks for one day the financial outlay is essentially irrelevant since people are buying incredibly over priced food at WDW for days or weeks at a time.

betty rose

Ahh yeah. Did u get a renovated room there? I know they are going through major renovations that is going to be done soon.
We have stayed at the Hilton in DS, we love their rooms, and the space. How long before the renovation is finished, I have a trip to Disney in October this year? Will it be totally refurbished by then?

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
@George

I'm not sure it's that the food prices are so inflammatory, it's that Newbies bail on dis-boards and come here, posting 450 times in less than 2 weeks, and almost every single post is argumentative.

Sit back, relax, and enjoy the ebb and flow of the conversation. You don't have to dig in your heels so deeply on every single topic.

... Or carry on as you are. Whichever.

LuvtheGoof

DVC Guru
Premium Member
I think it kind of does. Could you imagine Disney offering you all you can eat sit down meals for $118 for 6 months? They want 62 bucks a day for my 11 and 13 year old. And I only get one nice meal each day for that. People are passionate about it because they are tired of taking it up the wazoo.

I just did a quick look. In some cases the snack prices at PKI are 10-20% more, but not all. Also, if you're just buying snacks for one day the financial outlay is essentially irrelevant since people are buying incredibly over priced food at WDW for days or weeks at a time.
Umm, you do know that PKI doesn't have what Disney refers to as Table Service restaurants at all, right? All of them are only the equivalent of Quick Service dining. So you are comparing apple and oranges there.

betty rose

Awesome. Hilton really owns the Disney springs hotel area now with this property coming on board, joining the Hilton across the street and the doubletree guest suites.

Not to mention the Hilton and Waldorf Astoria at bonnet creek.
Stayed at the Hilton, loved the new bridge, to Disney Springs, and stayed at Bonnet Creek. Loved that also. Good news for those who are looking for a lot more space!

betty rose

Bobby readily admitted that on the ;ast earnings call. Attendance down but revenue up....
Increase in prices everywhere. We are looking to eat at Earl's, for lunch. Fix breakfast in the room. Take nuts for dinner. We have a plan. To avoid the high costs. We are retired, and it's hard to pay the kind of prices for a quick service meal. Forgot to say we are DVC, from many years ago. With the airline fee's and coming from the Rockies, it's getting too much. Vacation to me, is a nice meal out, where it's quiet. I haven't gone to TS meals for years, because of the noise. Not blaming kids, just the size or closeness of tables. Not relaxing anymore.

Last edited:

LuvtheGoof

DVC Guru
Premium Member
OK. So Disney wants 44 bucks and some change for one day.
Yes, compared to $30 for PKI, so more expensive, but also far more choices in WDW. My thing about your argument is that the dining plans all completely suck and should never be purchased in the first place. Why do you think they charge $14.00 for a cheeseburger in the first place? To make it look like the dining plan is a good deal. The only reason.

betty rose

But did you feel left out not being immersed in the Disney magic*?

*That magic being the disappearing trick when you open your wallet and find it several hundred dollars lighter than expected.
We stayed at the Older Hilton, near Disney Springs. We didn't miss the magic at all. Nice room to relax in. It's was a short walk to DS, and on a bus, or for a stay at the Springs to check it out. We went to the Contemporary for a short walk to Magic Kingdom. We went to the Yatch Beach to get to Epcot. We took the bus for the resort near the Animal Kingdom. We didn't go to Hollywood, too much closed then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom