WDW ticket price increases coming June 3rd

Monsterfan99

Don't forget another meet n' greet.

How long until kids have to start paying for characters autographs?:rolleyes:
A side note on this, but at Wide World of Sports they allow no private cameras with Mickey when a sports team meets him. The area is even blacked out so parents can not even see their kids meeting Mickey, but are gladly told the photopass prices afterwards.

DisneyFan 2000

I thought after 6 pages I'd see someone jump in with the "positive" to this but I guess this time there's really no way to spin this. I'm also wondering, what will happen when they reach breaking point and the consumer is no longer willing to pay the current rates? They won't decrease prices I'm sure, because that looks just as bad - if not worse - than a price hike. It seems like in the long-term they're setting themselves up to fall. They'll have to offer discounts once more which took them years to weed out of the system. This annual hike mentality has a negative outcome no matter what perspective you're seeing this from.

celluloid

I thought after 6 pages I'd see someone jump in with the "positive" to this but I guess this time there's really no way to spin this. I'm also wondering, what will happen when they reach breaking point and the consumer is no longer willing to pay the current rates? They won't decrease prices I'm sure, because that looks just as bad - if not worse - than a price hike. It seems like in the long-term they're setting themselves up to fall. They'll have to offer discounts once more which took them years to weed out of the system. This annual hike mentality has a negative outcome no matter what perspective you're seeing this from.

Anyone who would of jumped on the positive is currently out getting another job so they are able to get their Disney vacation this year.

bkgrim

Dvc Annual pass price

Have they also released the dvc annual pass price discount with the recent stupid price increase?

nc_disneyfreak

ha!

They should have held the higher ground and not responded to Universal's price hike. I just hope that they don't feel another price hike is warranted early next year when FLE opens and wait to the usual August timeline.

Price hike for premium annual pass was $50. Can't recall if this change is typical for the annual pass price hikes, but it seems a bit steep.

I wonder if Universal will have another price adjustment though. They announced a hike to $88 per day for a one day ticket, while Disney now costs $89. Take that Universal ;)

:drevil:

menamechris

The TEA numbers released yesterday showed Disney at a < 1% increase in attendance last year (1% at MK, AK, and HS, and 0% at EPCOT) IOA was a 29% increase and Uni-Stud was at 2%. SeaWorld and Busch Gardens both also posted 2% increases. So why would Disney raise prices when they are being outpaced by the local competition? They are at max capacity in the parks. Not close the doors max capacity, but the quality of the visit is degrading because of the crowd sizes, and the parks are "full" almost year round. So when your supply is close to 100%, why not increase the price. Until the demand starts to go down, they are in a sellers market.

Of course, they could take care of overcrowding by stopping the discounting. So, I don't even think the supply and demand argument really works effectively here. If all guests in the parks were paying rack rate for everything, we would have a different situation. I promise you that if they were not continuing to offer "free dining" and 20-30% off rooms, the parks would not have an attendance boost at all. In fact, I would bet they would be declining. Disney is offering the illusion of getting a deal by raising prices as high as they can, and then discounting down to what they actually want the customer to pay. They are the master at manipulating numbers.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I will give it a shot.

If everyone actually follows through with their "threats" to not go back the lines will be much shorter for me. If I stay off property and rent a car I will get a great parking spot too since the "locals" seem to be the hardest hit.

That is the best I can do for a positive spin. Nobody wants to pay more but I still think they will. I know I will be s__________g it up.

ParentsOf4

If I've correctly crunched the numbers and my source (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...t-prices-2012/) is correct:

- The average price of a base ticket is increasing by 6.76%
- The average price of a hopper ticket is increasing by 6.10%
- The average price of a hopper plus water parks & more is decreasing by 3.79%
- The average price of a "fully loaded" hopper, water park, and no expiration ticket is increasing by 1.09%
- The base Annual Pass is increasing by 10.60%
- The Premium Annual Pass is increasing by 7.70%

The "fully loaded" ticket price increase is deceptive since the prices of fully loaded 2-to-5 day tickets are actually decreasing while a fully loaded 10-day ticket (which is the most common type of "no expiration" ticket purchased) is increasing by over 7%.

The numbers represent such a radical change in Disney's ticket pricing strategy that I question whether I crunched these numbers correctly. Sorry in advance if I made any miscalculations!

IMHO, it seems that Disney's encouraging people to buy tickets with both the park hopper and water parks & more options while punishing those who purchase any other type of ticket.

The ticket price increases are larger for longer stays and annual passes. Thus, it appears that Disney is punishing its most loyal customers. I assume Disney has decided these customers don't spend enough money at the parks or will come to WDW regardless of ticket prices.

Maerj

Well, its been 3 years for me now. I love WDW but with a child in day care and the current state of affairs, we just can't do WDW anymore at this point.

I really don't think they are doing themselves any favors by doing the yearly price increase, especially now at a time where people don't even get raises anymore.

I tell people about WDW and they ask about the costs. When I tell them they are shocked and say they will never go there, that its way too expensive. And this is with the older rates! I tell them that it averages out to about $2000 for a week for a family and that there are a lot of great attractions but its a hard sell.

So, bottom line, they really need to settle down with the prie increases. Because you know it won't just be tickets but will include food, merchandise, everything.

captainkidd

Just wait until they do away with childrens menu pricing.

People used to come to me all the time for help in planning a WDW vacation, and usually with a specific budget in mind. For those with a budget, I can't do it anymore.

Well... i thought this would be the year i returned to WDW but dont think thats going to happen hmmmm lets see mortgage or save on this trip hmmmm well need a roof over my head sorry Mickey! Seriously its every year you can set your watch to the increases in tickets. I really feel bad for the family that absolutly cannot afford it. I just hope there is a good reason the increases are coming 95$ a day? food prices are expensive and of course the souviners :brick:
the 95$ should come with a meal plan or 1 meal and should have park hopper abilities..just sayin!!

wvdisneyfamily

So here's my problem. Trying to buy son's annual pass this morning. He's two and a half. He won't need it this summer, but he will at Christmas. The only option I'm being given is will call. I can't the get the option for a will ship voucher. I'm on hold with tickets. The wait is 30 minutes.

Anyone else having problems this AM?

Question: If I were to book a package today on the hopes of having Free Dining later on, would it gain me anything? Would it lock in the tickets at the current, lower price?

WendyTinkerbell

How long is the Annual Pass voucher good for? I think I read somewhere that it had to be redeemed within 6 months or a year? Can I buy passes now and redeem the voucher in like 2 years? Also, how much is the renewal price for next year on regular annual pass?

captainkidd

Has anyone seen information that the DVC discount will now make the pass $425 not $474?

Haven't seen that, but it wouldn't surprise me. Disney seems absolutely determined to make everyone a DVC member. Problem I see is, I can't fathom dedicating myself to WDW on a long term basis right now. At least not from I've seen over the past decade. I still go (and love to), but would not want to be tied into going there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom