WDW ticket price increases coming June 3rd

Sans Souci

*waiting for some know-it-all currently taking Econ 101 in his/her second semester at college to insert a picture of a demand curve*

CTXRover

They should have held the higher ground and not responded to Universal's price hike. I just hope that they don't feel another price hike is warranted early next year when FLE opens and wait to the usual August timeline.

Price hike for premium annual pass was $50. Can't recall if this change is typical for the annual pass price hikes, but it seems a bit steep.

I wonder if Universal will have another price adjustment though. They announced a hike to $88 per day for a one day ticket, while Disney now costs $89. Take that Universal ;)

JOSHG

I noticed that on the FL resident tickets that the weekday select pass is not on there...are they getting rid of that pass?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Interesting that separate kids pricing for APs has now gone. Pricing is the same as adults.

durangojim

Well starting next year, we decided we'd only be going to WDW once a year. This kind of solidifies that decision. We've owned APs for the past 8 years but won't be renewing in October:shrug:

captainkidd

Well starting next year, we decided we'd only be going to WDW once a year. This kind of solidifies that decision. We've owned APs for the past 8 years but won't be renewing in October:shrug:

Same here. $600 for an AP??? Yup, Disney has officially priced us out for more than 1 trip per year. Not spending $3,000 on tickets alone.

Jeez - Even 10 day park hoppers for a family of 5 will now cost close to $2,000.

timeman

$519 to $574?

Seriously?

It's crazy. I will probably renew my pass this year, but next year I will probably end of not renewing as it is getting to be over priced. I pay $300 to renew my Premium Annual Pass to Universal Studios and of course my best price for an Annual Pass is Busch Gardens. I have Busch's Platinum Pass and only pay $13.50 a month for it which comes to $162 a year and it gets me in all their parks along with food & merchandise discounts.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Tell me about it. 11% increase for less capacity, nothing new worth while, shorter hours than years gone by, cheaper refurbs, shorter and lack of parades and entertainment...

Tell me I'm moaning and prove me wrong.

cbconglom

Tell me about it. 11% increase for less capacity, nothing new worth while, shorter hours than years gone by, cheaper refurbs, shorter and lack of parades and entertainment...

Tell me I'm moaning and prove me wrong.

I know doesn't it just make you mad enough to wanna post or pm me about what great things universal is gonna do which actually justifies their price increase :)

The Empress Lilly

Parks are at near full capacity. MK's infrastructure was build on the expectation of ten million visits. It now draws seventeen. So the obvious thing to do is to increase prices.

zooey

Pretty much further proof that Disney doesn't want ap locals on either coast now. One... they hate locals compared to vacationers because the latter doesn't spend enough money for disneys liking... two they're getting tired of the frequent guestbholding them to a standard they don't want to maintain any longer. Ticket prices will continue to go up in those areas Disney wants to price out and eventually eliminate.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Pretty much further proof that Disney doesn't want ap locals on either coast now. One... they hate locals compared to vacationers because the latter doesn't spend enough money for disneys liking... two they're getting tired of the frequent guestbholding them to a standard they don't want to maintain any longer. Ticket prices will continue to go up in those areas Disney wants to price out and eventually eliminate.

Hate? Really?:rolleyes:

ptaylor

Premium Member
I love the way Dis Social team have handled this one. Post it late on Friday, don't Twitter it (they Twitter EVERYTHING), and sandwich it between some other content. Don't blame them, but funny to see.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I love the way Dis Social team have handled this one. Post it late on Friday, don't Twitter it (they Twitter EVERYTHING), and sandwich it between some other content. Don't blame them, but funny to see.

It's the Friday afternoon news dump. Happens in politics all the time. As you said, not surprising, but amusing nonetheless.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom