WDW ticket price increases coming June 3rd

captainkidd

Then please link me to some substantial bad press Disney has received over raising their ticket prices beyond the complaining of a couple people on internet forums.

Show me where Disney had to go into spin mode to make this price increase work. Show me where the general public, outside of about 50 people posting on a internet forum, are pressuring Disney to lower prices, which does actually work, ask Netflix.

I'll wait patiently under my bridge.

Jimmy Thick-LePwned.

Who cares? Do you believe that the majority of things talked about on this forum get attention anywhere else? If you don't like it Jimbo, no one's forcing you to join in on the conversation.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Actually a quick Google shows that every news outlet carrying the story has negative comments where such additions are allowed.

Jimmy Thick

Who cares? Do you believe that the majority of things talked about on this forum get attention anywhere else? If you don't like it Jimbo, no one's forcing you to join in on the conversation.

So basically, its just people complaining just to complain, like I have been saying all along?

:ROFLOL:

Jimmy Thick-Flag of surrender noted.

captainkidd

So basically, its just people complaining just to complain, like I have been saying all along?

Jimmy Thick-Flag of surrender noted.

.....and you complaining about the complainers. :shrug:

I guess I could spice things up around here. Maybe I should post a bullcrap story about punching some guy in the nose while waiting in line for a ride.

Buried20KLeague

Then please link me to some substantial bad press Disney has received over raising their ticket prices beyond the complaining of a couple people on internet forums.

Show me where Disney had to go into spin mode to make this price increase work. Show me where the general public, outside of about 50 people posting on a internet forum, are pressuring Disney to lower prices, which does actually work, ask Netflix.

Jimmy Thick-LePwned.

How about from the newspaper in WDW's back yard (not to mention countless other articles that pop up with a quick google search, but why bother yourself with that, huh??)?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/the-...icket-prices-060312-20120603,0,7241802.column

Although I don't know why I bother. Everyone knows, generally, how you'll respond to being proven wrong.

Respond to this if you like, but I'll tell you ahead of time that I don't plan on going back and forth with you. :wave:

Captain Chaos

How about from the newspaper in WDW's back yard (not to mention countless other articles that pop up with a quick google search, but why bother yourself with that, huh??)?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/the-...icket-prices-060312-20120603,0,7241802.column

Although I don't know why I bother. Everyone knows, generally, how you'll respond to being proven wrong.

Respond to this if you like, but I'll tell you ahead of time that I don't plan on going back and forth with you. :wave:

Psst, people like JT and Think don't like those pesky things called FACTS lol...

This is a editorial column, it's nothing more than the same stuff being posted in this thread, just someone's opinion. Not really fact. Nice attempt though.

Buried20KLeague

This is a editorial column, it's nothing more than the same stuff being posted in this thread, just someone's opinion. Not really fact. Nice attempt though.

How can ANYTHING being written on this topic be anything more than opinion???

This was written by someone on the payroll of the newspaper in the backyard of WDW. Not an anonymous posteron a message board.

If you can't see the differences, then it makes perfect sense that you're good with the price hikes.

Side note: holy COW is this site horrible on an iPhone. Posting is brutal.

asianway

How can ANYTHING being written on this topic be anything more than opinion???

This was written by someone on the payroll of the newspaper in the backyard of WDW. Not an anonymous posteron a message board.

If you can't see the differences, then it makes perfect sense that you're good with the price hikes.

Side note: holy COW is this site horrible on an iPhone. Posting is brutal.

They only get their news from legitimate press-like Lou & Ricky

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

Jimmy Thick-LePwned.

The problem with showing you proof, would be that you would just dismiss it as you dismiss everything that isn't posted by you.

I'm not going to waste my time.

RSoxNo1

THAT was funny. :ROFLOL:

I stopped listening to inside the magic long ago when he refused to do a story on the broken yeti. Wonder why.

I feel that Ricky has been very fair in his assessment of issues. The only thing is, he doesn't stress on maintenance issues like some of us on here. He's definitely not afraid to criticize something if he doesn't like it.

alphac2005

I feel that Ricky has been very fair in his assessment of issues. The only thing is, he doesn't stress on maintenance issues like some of us on here. He's definitely not afraid to criticize something if he doesn't like it.

Ricky does a really professional and excellent job with the 'Inside the Magic' podcast. My wife and I have been enjoying listening to him for about six years. You're very right that he does express his opinion about issues, but at times, you get the feeling of a tad bit of reservation considering he gets plenty of access with the company and doesn't appear to want to push too hard against them. That might not be the case, but it comes across as that at times when listening.

Buried20KLeague

Ricky does a really professional and excellent job with the 'Inside the Magic' podcast. My wife and I have been enjoying listening to him for about six years. You're very right that he does express his opinion about issues, but at times, you get the feeling of a tad bit of reservation considering he gets plenty of access with the company and doesn't appear to want to push too hard against them. That might not be the case, but it comes across as that at times when listening.

Bingo.

Pay no attention to the extremely large stationary object in EE, for I shall receive free cruises and access to events and people for turning the blind eye.

For example.

alphac2005

Bingo.

Pay no attention to the extremely large stationary object in EE, for I shall receive free cruises and access to events and people for turning the blind eye.

For example.

The problem is that so many of the podcasts and websites claim to have reporters and journalists, which they're neither of. They're fans that have created either a hobby or a business proposition and Disney gets to blur the lines and mute criticism by essentially buying them off as you stated above. The majority them claim to be unbiased, but they certainly won't bite the hand that feeds them.

It's also becomes even more legally complicated because Disney knows that many of the podcasts use non-commercial use music and master recordings from the theme parks and these podcasts end up making money, essentially off of illegal broadcasting of material. However, Disney doesn't mind, as they get basically a giant free advertisement to tens and cumulatively hundreds of thousands of people. It's not a stretch that the podcast broadcasters don't forget the fact that what they're using is technically illegal and it's yet another reason to not mention how this, that, and the other keeps crumbling at WDW.

Disney is quite good at buying off the supposed true journalists. When we lived in Orlando, it was always something to see the locals news at a new opening for Disney. The free tickets and food always seemed to do the trick because it was fawning-fest over Disney.

Buried20KLeague

The problem is that so many of the podcasts and websites claim to have reporters and journalists, which they're neither of. They're fans that have created either a hobby or a business proposition and Disney gets to blur the lines and mute criticism by essentially buying them off as you stated above. The majority them claim to be unbiased, but they certainly won't bite the hand that feeds them.

It's also becomes even more legally complicated because Disney knows that many of the podcasts use non-commercial use music and master recordings from the theme parks and these podcasts end up making money, essentially off of illegal broadcasting of material. However, Disney doesn't mind, as they get basically a giant free advertisement to tens and cumulatively hundreds of thousands of people. It's not a stretch that the podcast broadcasters don't forget the fact that what they're using is technically illegal and it's yet another reason to not mention how this, that, and the other keeps crumbling at WDW.

Disney is quite good at buying off the supposed true journalists. When we lived in Orlando, it was always something to see the locals news at a new opening for Disney. The free tickets and food always seemed to do the trick because it was fawning-fest over Disney.

All very well said.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom