WDW Theme Park Dress Code for Guests

MGMBoy

I wear sandals about 8 months of the year (and I live in Oregon) :p There is a distinct difference between flip-flops and sandals in my book. Sandals are the kinds of things you strap on your feet and they don't have to be kept on (think back to Salt Water Sandals when you were a kid and you'll know what I'm talking about). Parks or not, these sandals I've been wearing lately are the most comfprtable footwear I own. They have arch support and everything so they are just as easy to run around the parks in as shoes. As for teen clothing trends...BLAH! Do these girls realize that the midriff exposing shirt combined with the pants that are almost painted on (they're so tight) gives them a noticable belly that they're trying to not show? I find it almost humorous sometimes. :p

Al

I guess that means the top and my ripped jeans are a no go then? :lol:

Sandals with socks should be added to the list :eek: :lol:

MGMBoy

Even with those guidelines they let a LOT slip. I worked R'n'RC photo at one point and had to axe a mountain of pictures because the shirts were inappropriate.

guwag

I've got a nice t-shirt that in my opinion is perfectly innocent, it advertises "Larry's Lube Jobs" complete with a cartoon Larry and a cartoon car. Larry claims that "It's quick, easy and slippery" and that "It's in and out in 3 minutes". Damn good service for a garage if you ask me.

Mother won't let me wear it when I go to her primary school though, don't know why :veryconfu

:animwink:

stitch rocks

weluvtink said:
I wish they would ban Speedos. I think it's so nasty seeing grown men and sometimes their sons in those things.

i know what u mean... it's really hot in san francisco right now and i look out my window and this guy is wearing a really loose, metalic speedo looking thing... i'm a little tramatized :dazzle:

DDuckFan130

stitch rocks said:
i know what u mean... it's really hot in san francisco right now and i look out my window and this guy is wearing a really loose, metalic speedo looking thing... i'm a little tramatized :dazzle:
Try going down to South Beach :eek: :eek: :eek:

Nemmy

I have a couple funny stories. In school, I cut myself open on the teacher's chair, and I muttered the f-word. This kid, Jacob, says, "What did you say?" And I said, "Nothing." He says, "Oh."

I believe that I should be able to curse in public. There's freedom of speech, and I don't curse that much, anyway. Sure, you might read my WDW TR and think otherwise, but I was just having fun. I only really curse when I hurt myself. Let me go through the procedure: "Ow, $hit, son of a b*tch!" If some guy comes up to me and tells me not to say "damn" in front of his 12 year old (it's happened, before), I might get just a LITTLE vulgar. "Shut the f*ck up. Your f*cking kid is 12, and he has every f*cking right to hear cuss words. In my school, kids were saying f*ck when I was 8, and in 2nd grade. Just go f*ck off and mind your own f*cking business. If your kid can't listen to the word damn, then he shouldn't be in public. He's gonna hear it a LOT more, f@ggot." Okay, more than a LITTLE vulgar, but that's the only time.

Kids should be able to hear words like damn, crap, and @ss when they reach the age of 9 or 10. They aren't babies anymore, and know how to control themselves with words. It's completely understandable to say a bad word after you get hurt. In fact, my teacher let us use all curse words, as long as we didn't insult anybody. So, we could add the f-word to an answer to spice it up a bit.

There's no reason at all why a 12 year old shouldn't hear the word damn...

mrtoad

One word for you.

Rude

Nemmy said:
I have a couple funny stories. In school, I cut myself open on the teacher's chair, and I muttered the f-word. This kid, Jacob, says, "What did you say?" And I said, "Nothing." He says, "Oh."

I believe that I should be able to curse in public. There's freedom of speech, and I don't curse that much, anyway. Sure, you might read my WDW TR and think otherwise, but I was just having fun. I only really curse when I hurt myself. Let me go through the procedure: "Ow, $hit, son of a b*tch!" If some guy comes up to me and tells me not to say "damn" in front of his 12 year old (it's happened, before), I might get just a LITTLE vulgar. "Shut the f*ck up. Your f*cking kid is 12, and he has every f*cking right to hear cuss words. In my school, kids were saying f*ck when I was 8, and in 2nd grade. Just go f*ck off and mind your own f*cking business. If your kid can't listen to the word damn, then he shouldn't be in public. He's gonna hear it a LOT more, f@ggot." Okay, more than a LITTLE vulgar, but that's the only time.

Kids should be able to hear words like damn, crap, and @ss when they reach the age of 9 or 10. They aren't babies anymore, and know how to control themselves with words. It's completely understandable to say a bad word after you get hurt. In fact, my teacher let us use all curse words, as long as we didn't insult anybody. So, we could add the f-word to an answer to spice it up a bit.

barnum42

Nemmy

I have to disagree with your cavalier attitude to spout expletives in front of kids and mask it under "freedom of speech".

Common courtesy does not cost a person anything.

I too have a wide vocabulary of pretty foul language, but I keep it in it's place and don't force it on people.

On a side note - are there still people who think "damn" is a strong word?

Nemmy

You might all hate me for posting that, but, you probably would do the same thing if the father of a 12 year old comes up to you and says not to say damn. I golfed when I was 5, and my dad hit a ball into the trees, and yelled, "GOD DAMN IT!" for the entire world to hear...I don't think my parent's cared about me that much.

"On a side note": that was the only time that I've seen a bunch of explicitives stream from my mouth...well, besides the time that I waited 4 hours for Top Thrill Dragster, it breaks down, I wait another 3 hours, and then a group of teenagers cut me in line...but that's another story. Plus, there were no kids near me...

MouseMadness

Am I the only one :veryconfu Nemmy, I don't get your point. What do you expect from a bunch of Disney lovers, a good number of whom have children? Do you expect support? It looks to me like you are wanting to cause trouble. You show no contrition for swearing, you act like it's up to YOU to decide how old other people's kids should be before they hear swear words! So what, exactly, was the point of your post? (Because I won't assume you are here just to cause trouble...)

ArielLover

Nemmy said:

There is a time and place for everything, this is neither the time or place, may your tenure here be short.

Lauriebar

masterv said:
I live in a country where freedom of speech is a right!
It is good that you know your rights, but it is also good to understand them as well. Freedom of Speech is protected under the constitution...However, obsenity IS NOT. The Supreme Court will not protect your words if they do not pass the Miller Test for obsenity, perhaps you should look into that before speaking obscenely in public. May I also say that I am afraid for our world if everyone has your attitude about their behavior in front of other people children. While you are right about not being responsible for children that are not your own, you are responsible for yourself and your actions. You can not exist alone and what you do affects not only yourself but others. Why should others have to change their day because of your actions?

mrtoad

Lauriebar said:
It is good that you know your rights, but it is also good to understand them as well. Freedom of Speech is protected under the constitution...However, obsenity IS NOT. The Supreme Court will not protect your words if they do not pass the Miller Test for obsenity, perhaps you should look into that before speaking obscenely in public. May I also say that I am afraid for our world if everyone has your attitude about their behavior in front of other people children. While you are right about not being responsible for children that are not your own, you are responsible for yourself and your actions. You can not exist alone and what you do affects not only yourself but others. Why should others have to change their day because of your actions?

Well said! I tried to send you some positive points but it won't let me right now.

signerdreams

i see both sides of the issue. i dont use fowl language of any sort. as much as i hate it i am not surprised by some particular words anywhere even disney. I think everyone should be respectful of one another. I think its wrong for someone to go up to another yelling at them and demanding they not use curse words however saying those words are not right either...thats how i feel

i think if everyone was a little more respectful of another it would make a big difference

Mariposa

What a strange topic to make a first post on, anyway...

Personally, I can cuss up a storm with the best of them, but I do avoid doing it in public when possible.

HOWEVER, I don't think anyone really has the right to invade another person's private conversation just to make editorial comments on their choice of words and I CERTAINLY don't approve of the suggestion that you'd threaten to 'knock a person on their back' for telling you not to stick your nose in their business. I mean, cursing may be something you'd prefer to not expose your child to for as long as possible, but I'd imagine pointless violence, or threats thereof, are a bit worse.

Plus, look at it this way, if you catch someone cursing in front of your kids it becomes a great chance to teach them not to talk that way. A well-worded, "Hey, Bobby, doesn't it make that man sound stupid to say that ugly word here in front of everybody?" should do.

Realistically, there are many worse things our kids encounter everyday.. When you see someone smoking out on the street you don't walk up and tell them not to do it because your kids are there.. You tell your kids it's bad for them (a lot worse than curse words). Same goes for seeing people drunk at WDW (which could lead to cursing. =) ).

Sorry, it just got my hackles up that people would be so confrontational about this instead of things that can ACTUALLY hurt people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom