WDW Theme Park Dress Code for Guests

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
yes, this IS real:

Guest Appearance Guidelines for Walt Disney World Theme Parks

TheWalt Disney World® Resort is a heavily themed environment whose world-renowned brand is woven into every element of the show. We reserve the right to exclude from all of our gated attractions (i.e, theme parks, water parks, DOWNTOWN DISNEY® Pleasure Island,DisneyQuest® Indoor Interactive Theme Park) Guests whose appearance could create a distraction to the show. Examples that might be considered as such include the following:

• Adult costumes or clothing that could be viewed as a costume (unless worn by a child under the age of 10)
  • Masks
  • Easily visible obscene or offensive language or graphics
  • Excessively torn clothing
  • Clothing with offensive material
  • Clothing which, by nature, exposes excessive portions of the skin that may be viewed as inappropriate for a family environment, e.g. string bikini tops, bikini bottoms, G-strings, etc.

The goal of the Walt Disney World® Resort is to provide a safe, secure environment for our Guests to enjoy the show and our Cast to deliver the show. To this end, all theme park guests are required to wear shirts and shoes at all times. Generally, swimsuit tops are allowed when worn with other appropriate garments.

DOWNTOWN DISNEY® Pleasure Island, DisneyQuest® Indoor Interactive Theme Park and our water parks have additional property-specific guidelines related to guest appearance. Based on the brand of entertainment provided at each of these locations, an altered standard of dress might, at times, be considered appropriate

Gagesmom314

I just got home and all I can say is some of the girls really need to buy clothes that fit and cover themselves. Plus they should possibly find new friends because at some point someone told them it was okay to wear what they have on and most of the time a woman will ask the advice of friends and obviously their friends lied to them.

Moonshadow1

Gagesmom314 said:
I just got home and all I can say is some of the girls really need to buy clothes that fit and cover themselves. Plus they should possibly find new friends because at some point someone told them it was okay to wear what they have on and most of the time a woman will ask the advice of friends and obviously their friends lied to them.

Misery loves company

Gagesmom314

I was surprised at the number of people in sandles. They can't be that comfortable of a walking shoe. Plus sandles on some of the rides would not be good.

The Mom

Premium Member
GaryT977 said:
I just wish they'd ban sandals. Who wants to see peoples nasty, stinky feet?

I'll have you know that I, along with "Missy" aka The Daughter, have very cute, petite feet. Not stinky at all. :animwink: (Ducky, Angel & Tyler know what I'm talking about.)

DDuckFan130

Gagesmom314 said:
I was surprised at the number of people in sandles. They can't be that comfortable of a walking shoe. Plus sandles on some of the rides would not be good.
I agree. I can't walk long distances in my flip flops so I don't know how people do it at the parks. I love my sneakers.

And about the bikini tops, had I not read the last part I would've asked why they put that if I've seen older women in bikini tops with everything hanging out. Nevermind, I see it is allowed to a certain extent. Right?

GaryT977

The Mom said:
I'll have you know that I, along with "Missy" aka The Daughter, have very cute, petite feet. Not stinky at all. :animwink: (Ducky, Angel & Tyler know what I'm talking about.)

What I meant to say, was that I wish they'd ban sandals for everyone but the lovely Mom and daughter, whose lovely, dainty and pleasant smelling feet are a joy to behold. :D

SpongeScott

The Mom said:
Hmmm, do we need to start a foot avatar contest? I'll pull my digital out later for my lower digits.

DDuckFan130

GaryT977 said:
:lol: My sentiments exactly. I'm sorry, but I'm just not a foot person I find most feet gross (mind you I said most because not everyone has nasty feet :lol: ). I don't know why but I just dislike feet I'm weird like that :lol:

SpongeScott

DDuckFan130 said:
:lol: My sentiments exactly. I'm sorry, but I'm just not a foot person I find most feet gross (mind you I said most because not everyone has nasty feet :lol: ). I don't know why but I just dislike feet I'm weird like that :lol:
I posted the foot in jest because I think the foot is the ugliest part of the body. If anyone has a good-looking foot, I would like to see it!

StevenT

SpongeScott said:
I posted the foot in jest because I think the foot is the ugliest part of the body. If anyone has a good-looking foot, I would like to see it!
In that case you will not see my feet.

I like the bit about no costumes. They will however allow costumes gladly if it enhances the show. Nobody seems to have any problem with people walking around dressed as Jedi during Star Wars Weekends. This policy may only become an issue when someone comes in dressed as Shrek or Harry Potter :lol:.

GoofyFan1

While I have no comment on the foot thing....In NY the Board of Regents has required each school district to have a dress code. Half the day's battles are over the dress code. I've made a copy of the WDW code to post in my classroom for next year. Hopefully my students will see that "real" world connection they're always looking for.

DDuckFan130

SpongeScott said:
Oh I see...but I didn't mean you in particular...It's more of an "eww" for feet in general :lol: sorry if I offended you :(

SpongeScott

DDuckFan130 said:
Oh I see...but I didn't mean you in particular...It's more of an "eww" for feet in general :lol: sorry if I offended you :(
You didn't offend me in the least.....no offense taken. But my feet are UGLY. :lol:

nibblesandbits

Quite honestly, I don't mind walking in flip flops. It doesn't really hurt that much, at least I don't notice it any more than I do in regular shoes. Guess I'm just the exception to the rule. (Plus it is nice when you go on a water ride and you don't have to deal with the squishy feeling. Your feet are automatically dry)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom