WDW Taking a Hit Over Gator and Massacre ...

flynnibus

Premium Member
No..... From what I can piece together, the general line of thought/theory people are putting forth is that the child accidentally drown while the father's back was turned and he screamed gator. I would think the medical examiner's report would be able to quickly rule that out.

Dave, you are fully obligated to properly kick anyone in the junk who talks like this because we the rational ones need to ensure those people never spawn. To fail to do so would be unpatriotic.

Matthew

No..... From what I can piece together, the general line of thought/theory people are putting forth is that the child accidentally drown while the father's back was turned and he screamed gator. I would think the medical examiner's report would be able to quickly rule that out.

i agree with you regarding the medical report....

some people have too much time on their hands to come up with stuff like this... i would say that if i was in his position and my child had drowned the last thing i would be thinking would be to scream 'gator' to try and make it seem like it wasn't my fault.

tragic accident occurred and a child lost its life in tragic circumstances.

rob0519

The GF is a sorry statement for a flagship resort. I'd expect a really steep discount before I would stay there again.

I have my own opinions on the GF, but why do you says it's a sorry statement for a flagship resort and to what are you comparing it to come to that conclusion?

jlsHouston

Tooooo be honest, I think Disney should just move on from this. Bring back the gators in the parades and shows, bring back the gator in the water pageant, bring back the joke in the Jungle Cruise, and learn from this tragedy. It was an awful thing to have happen, but they can't stay in this state of paranoia forever. Eventually, people will forget about what happened. Sure, there'll be some that are still afraid, but like others have said, this was the first gator attack in 44 years (not that there should be any gator attacks, but 1:16,060 days is a pretty good ratio IMHO).

Disney did a good job by putting up new signs, but hopefully they remove the fences sooner rather than later. Disney is finding a way to make sure this will never happen again, and I applaud them. Some of the things they have done (and are rumored to do) is taking it a bit too far.

I will never forget...neither will the kids or my friend. Do I think removing all references to gators is overkill and nothing but fluff, yes. I want substantial changes by TWDC on how they alert ignorant guests who have no clue about wildlife native to the south that may be encountered on property.
Are fences on the beaches necessary? Probably but at least good signage and please put staff on your grounds where your guests are hanging out...

Anyways, my general point is there's a lot of CMs putting this out there. Should be easily disproved by the ME's report.

I understand their healthy skepticism. I was initially skeptical that it was an alligator attack as well.

So was I initially and we were there. I thought the ME report stated there was evidence 2 gators were involved from the marks on the body...

I have my own opinions on the GF, but why do you says it's a sorry statement for a flagship resort and to what are you comparing it to come to that conclusion?
I dunno, even before the attack I was disappointed. I really don't like the consolidation of concierge services with front desk. Especially at GF where I've never been able to figure out the line anyways. Gaspirilla's menu has really gotten bland, and the lifeguards at the pool don't seem as focused as the ones at BWI, SSR, POLY, AKL.

To be fair, while I love the GF lobby and the turn down service, it's not my favorite Deluxe.
However from 2014 my last stay at GF to 2016, the changes at this resort really left me feeling it had gone downhill. And these were my feelings prior to the attack...

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
It just shows how 2 faced Disney is about this. On one hand they purge the resort of any and everything gator. On the other hand they see they can make a few bucks and we have a gator eating hook. It's ridiculous. Bring back the gators in the land and turn back on the floats in the water padgent and parade because they did not hurt anyone.

The fences were a reaction and they don't bother me. If they stay forever the way they are I'm fine with that, if they put some other anti gator fence up I will reevaluate my opinion then. The signs should have been up in the first place, glad they are there now. But everything beyond this is just crazy expecially when they pull something like this!

Honestly idk if the gator attack hurt attendance but the company is having a lot of bad luck with gators and other forms of sub human species attacking those in the pools... And that translates to a bad run in the media the last few weeks and that dose not help. As well as the rest of Orlando after pulse, just looks to be a bad year for the area unfortunately.

PhotoDave219

I will never forget...neither will the kids or my friend. Do I think removing all references to gators is overkill and nothing but fluff, yes. I want substantial changes by TWDC on how they alert ignorant guests who have no clue about wildlife native to the south that may be encountered on property.
Are fences on the beaches necessary? Probably but at least good signage and please put staff on your grounds where your guests are hanging out...

So was I initially and we were there. I thought the ME report stated there was evidence 2 gators were involved from the marks on the body...

Fences? Yes. totally necessary - not to keep the gators out, but to keep the guests away from the water.

Yes, the ME reported trauma to the victim consistant with a gator. Havent heard anything further from that. So I've discounted that theory.... but CMs keep pushing that narrative.

rob0519

I dunno, even before the attack I was disappointed. I really don't like the consolidation of concierge services with front desk. Especially at GF where I've never been able to figure out the line anyways. Gaspirilla's menu has really gotten bland, and the lifeguards at the pool don't seem as focused as the ones at BWI, SSR, POLY, AKL.

To be fair, while I love the GF lobby and the turn down service, it's not my favorite Deluxe.
However from 2014 my last stay at GF to 2016, the changes at this resort really left me feeling it had gone downhill. And these were my feelings prior to the attack...

Fair enough. I don't like the consolidation of the Concierge with the Front Desk either. It's just another cost cutting method that cuts the quality of service at the same time. I don't the same amount of faith in many Front Desk attendants.

Gaspirilla's is still better than the Contempo Café at the CR, at least in my opinion. Of the three monorail resorts, we've stayed at the CR the most followed by the Polynesian and the GF.

Disneyhead'71

Fences? Yes. totally necessary - not to keep the gators out, but to keep the guests away from the water.

Yes, the ME reported trauma to the victim consistant with a gator. Havent heard anything further from that. So I've discounted that theory.... but CMs keep pushing that narrative.
I would love to have a word with said CMs.

asianway

these the same CMs that come on here and defend the company?

PorterRedkey

So, gators have been removed from Living with the Land, but they are staying in the Jungle Cruise. Anyone know why it okay on one ride, but not the other?

PhotoDave219

these the same CMs that come on here and defend the company?

Dunno. I've seen it on social media some and reports from some trusted friends who keep hearing it.

There's enough physical evidence from the victim that says it was a gator attack that should kill all these theories.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom