WDW Taking a Hit Over Gator and Massacre ...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Or he told the police that... And they determined it was not credible enough. Why would the police know that, and the fwc, and then sit on that ONE detail? They would have interviewed him many times. It's not a detail that could have been missed if he was consistent with his story.

Just because the father says it... Doesn't make it true. It's just his interpretation of what he thought happened.

And afaik the father was never bit, he was just injured in struggling with the gator
The article attached above said the father needed stitches and antibiotics due to lacerations from the gator's teeth.

I assumed the police left the father's report of 2 gators out because it wasn't really relevant to the investigation and was not easy to corroborate. Their first few news briefings were updates on the search and rescue then the discovery of the body. I'm sure as the dust settles more facts will begin to come out, but it won't change the outcome.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The article attached above said the father needed stitches and antibiotics due to lacerations from the gator's teeth.

Yes... The kinds of injuries that would be consistent with struggling with a thrashing gator and trying to get it to open its mouth or fight to pull something from its mouth.

[QUOTE="GoofGoof, post: 7300681, member: 82601"I assumed] the police left the father's report of 2 gators out because it wasn't really relevant to the investigation and was not easy to corroborate. [/QUOTE]

??? Identifying and removing the gator involved was a huge part of the effort. If there was more than one gator to be found or conclusively close the threat... It would be a substantial part of the story.

Take note that this story is now coming to surface because other people not involved are now reading bits of info... Not the dad or other people involved are saying details were overlooked or skipped.

TeriofTerror

I do not want to minimize this story...but at the same time, I could swear that an incident like this occurs and is in the news at least once every summer. If anything, I hope there is more awareness on the part of parents w/ their kids, to not let down their guard just b/c they are at Disney, and good on these parents for reporting it.
I agree -- Typhoon Lagoon in particular comes to mind. But this just seems to be one more piece of negative news coming from Disney, a little extra tarnish on their once shiny facade at a time when they are already the subject of scrutiny.

rob0519

I agree -- Typhoon Lagoon in particular comes to mind. But this just seems to be one more piece of negative news coming from Disney, a little extra tarnish on their once shiny facade at a time when they are already the subject of scrutiny.

A terrible thing to happen to a child and yes, a bit more tarnish on façade. However, this type of assault can happen in any pool anywhere in the country. It may hit the national news (I don't think it did...yet), but there is no way for Disney to prevent this from happening. It took a lot of courage for this young man to tell this parents what happened. A lot of children would be to scared or embarrassed to say something. I don't know a lot about Disney security, but hopefully there is some type of video focused on the pool that may help identify the perpetrator.

PhotoDave219

There's still a lot of rumors and talk about whether there really was a gator. The reports of a second gator seems to have stirred some things up.

Me, as long as theres physical evidence from the Medical Examiner that says it was a gator, I'm inclined to believe them. I think that all this talk of "the gator is a lie" comes from a generation of CMs raised on the 9/11 loose change & other internet conspiracy theories....

TeriofTerror

There's still a lot of rumors and talk about whether there really was a gator. The reports of a second gator seems to have stirred some things up.

Me, as long as theres physical evidence from the Medical Examiner that says it was a gator, I'm inclined to believe them. I think that all this talk of "the gator is a lie" comes from a generation of CMs raised on the 9/11 loose change & other internet conspiracy theories....
Conspiracy theories drive me nuts. This just in: the holocaust happened, we really did land on the moon, and Richard III is responsible for the deaths of the Princes in the Tower. (Boy did it feel good to get that off my chest!)

Crazydisneyfanluke

Some people are saying Pulse didnt even happen. Its just a conspiracy. (Not my opinion)

TsWade2

When will this end? I mean, didn't they just killed the Gator that killed the boy? I think the whole Disney parks are going out of control on this incident. Nobody even ask Disney to get rid some of the fictional gators. I know this may not work, but I found someone making a petition of getting Louis the Gator and other fictional gators back into the parks.

PhotoDave219

When will this end? I mean, didn't they just killed the Gator that killed the boy? I think the whole Disney parks are going out of control on this incident. Nobody even ask Disney to get rid some of the fictional gators. I know this may not work, but I found someone making a petition of getting Louis the Gator and other fictional gators back into the parks.

No..... From what I can piece together, the general line of thought/theory people are putting forth is that the child accidentally drown while the father's back was turned and he screamed gator. I would think the medical examiner's report would be able to quickly rule that out.

TsWade2

No..... From what I can piece together, the general line of thought/theory people are putting forth is that the child accidentally drown while the father's back was turned and he screamed gator. I would think the medical examiner's report would be able to quickly rule that out.
Wait! You mean to tell me that there's a fifty percent chance that the gators are innocent?

PhotoDave219

Wait! You mean to tell me that there's a fifty percent chance that the gators are innocent?

I would hardly describe a jurassic creature that survived a mass extinction as "innocent".....

Did an alligator snatch a toddler from the edge of the water at dusk, causing it to die from drowning and trauma consistent with an alligator attack? That appears to be what happened, yes.

PhotoDave219

Look a Gator is basically a shark with legs, It lives to EAT period end of story and like sharks they are not fussy about what they eat.

Anyways, my general point is there's a lot of CMs putting this out there. Should be easily disproved by the ME's report.

I understand their healthy skepticism. I was initially skeptical that it was an alligator attack as well.

Unomas

I don't know if this has been said yet, because I don't have time to read 25 pages. But when we rode Jungle Cruise on June 30th, the skipper made a joke as usual about the gator. I was a little surprised since all I've heard is how they took the jokes out.

Electricsoup

I don't know if this has been said yet, because I don't have time to read 25 pages. But when we rode Jungle Cruise on June 30th, the skipper made a joke as usual about the gator. I was a little surprised since all I've heard is how they took the jokes out.
I'm not surprised. I expect the gator changes to be temporary in attractions and shows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom