WDW Spirited Quickees

M.rudolf

Don't knock it - those things can do good things for people, like drowning their sorrows so they don't feel they have to go to a message board in the middle of the night trolling around because they are so insecure about whatever their position in life is.

More people should try it, it can really help them chill out. ;)

I still am very happy though because it just allows us to pontificate about what makes this site special. :)
I don't knock it, just not for me, I don't disagree it probably would make most sites seem special

AEfx

Listen I know you have a site everyone here knows that by now. You could have upfront about and got a list of the names here and pm'ed them. Now you just made people mad and have lost traffic. But then again you can't afford the bandwidth.
Also I'm human and if I misspell something I will definitely edit how many drafts does a great writer go thru before he's done

For GOD SAKES MAN just make sure you say "Cars Land" and not "Carsland" because it tends to get those wasps buzzing around in a tizzy!

AEfx

I got pm'ed the other day from someone and they proceeded to give me the business on that one

LOL sounds kind of like the "lifestyle blogger" who was hiding out here posting under a pseudonym awhile back. When he couldn't beat my "facts and logic talk" in the forum regarding his "lifestyle blog" he tried to make a stink at me in a PM because I misspelled the word "pseudo". He proceeded to make a big deal out of it until I finally called him out in a thread because it was so asinine. ;)

(That said, I no longer misspell the word, so hey, I appreciate it now!)

One thing I have never been accused of is poor writing skills, but even if my skills were not up to par it's still the last bastion of a desperate man to lash out over grammar or spelling on the internet. (Unless said person is making the same types of mistakes when pointing out others spelling or grammatical errors, in which case it has to be pointed out because it's just so darn funny, LOL.)

M.rudolf

I love how all the bloggers come here instead and instigate instead of trying to be cordial and let their blog stand on their reputation. It makes no sense, do you think I want to visit a site where one of the writers or webmaster is an idiot

AEfx

I love how all the bloggers come here instead and instigate instead of trying to be cordial and let their blog stand on their reputation. It makes no sense, do you think I want to visit a site where one of the writers or webmaster is an idiot

Yeah, the feint scent (or putrid odor, as in this case) of desperation is a known turn-off.

But again, I'm so glad to say - I love my friends at WDW Magic! :p

SirLink

Without totally taking this thread into the world of comics, I'll just say that Bruce Wayne is a much deeper/layered and realistic character than Tony Stark if you're comparing troubled billionaire playboys turned superheros!

(and I'd rather not, even though I just did!)

Actually I would even disagree Oliver Queen is much more realistic Billionaire Superhero character, than either Wayne or Stark.

Atomicmickey

Wow. Couldn't sleep, got up to do some work, and find that the WDWMagicInternetzTubez
have exploded. Here I thought I was going to be productive. Can someone draw me
a map of all this, cause, wow . . .

AEfx

Worse are the ones who come here under their "official" name and act all nicey-nice, but then have alter-ego forum pseudonyms where they show their true colors.

AEfx

Wow. Couldn't sleep, got up to do some work, and find that the WDWMagicInternetzTubez

It's kinda like that last scene in the dearly departed Jaws ride as USF. You know, after the shark (or troll, in this instance) comes out trying to take a big bite at you, and instead ends up just baring some rather pathetic teeth, and then is completely blown out of it by a rather minor show of firepower leaving little charred bits of shark (troll) murking in the water while everyone briefly chuckles and then go on with the rest of their tour.

bubbles1812

`Begin at the beginning*,' the King said gravely, `and go on till you come to the end: then stop.'

-The King of Wonderland*

*This is from the actual book and I loved the quote so much it has always stuck with me!
**Also, the beginning starts on page 39 towards the bottom with a very special post by a very special troll though to put his post into context I suppose you have to read that page fully and maybe the page before it.

:D

John

I woke up this morning and turned on the computer and see that the blue pages had come under attack!....it was nice to see the night shift was out in full force. Good job! Not only was this attack beaten back but was met with the best of the best when it comes to da Magic. I am always amazed at the level of intellegence displayed here. You guys always remind me how inferior my public system education really was.....

Cosmic Commando

Don't you have anything better to do than to try and defend Mongello? Really?
Lord knows I really don't want to be, but I still think @Kuhio crossed the line in his original post.

We're arguing about our arguing now, so I went back to the original post:
I always thought Mongello was a former attorney -- in other words, that he no longer practices law.

However, according to the website of Mongello & Scialabba (which is linked to the WDWRadio site), he is still described as "of counsel" to the law firm, whatever this designation means. Furthermore, his bio on the law firm's site also notes that "he is currently the Chief Technical Officer and Vice President of Operations" for Tricat, which ostensibly provides "medical imaging information services."

All of this raises a number of questions.

Is it ethical for a practicing attorney to contemporaneously own and/or operate multiple, other non-legal businesses?

Conversely, is it ethical for a non-practicing attorney to continue to draw an income from a law firm, even if that firm is owned in part by the attorney and/or other members of his family? (I don't know whether Lou in fact derives any income from Mongello & Scialabba, but it would be odd to publicly hold oneself out as professionally affiliated, in a presumably non-volunteer position, with an entity for which one does no paid work whatsoever.) Keep in mind that what is "ethical" from a layperson's point of view (e.g., having a family member paying you for work you didn't really do by characterizing such payment as a gift) may not be ethical from the standpoint of a professional organization that regulates the practice of law.

And how much law can someone really practice if he not only lives hundreds of miles away from his law firm, but also spends seemingly all of his conceivable free time wandering around theme parks and working on material for his podcast, blog, and website? If I were a potential client, would I really want to engage the services of a law firm, one of whose attorneys seems to have little actual commitment to or interest in the practice of law?

I'm no expert on legal ethics, but most of the above questions arise naturally as a matter of common sense, as well as the general understanding that certain professionals, such as doctors and lawyers, operate within strict sets of ethics guidelines that regulate how they must practice their professions.

(As an aside, the website for Tricat has no content of any substance, nor any indication of what exactly the company does, who runs it, or where it is located. No address or phone number is provided, and the only way to contact anybody is to fill out an online inquiry form. You'd think that a company that purportedly provides medical services -- much like one that provides legal services -- would fully document their relevant accreditation, etc. As it stands, the website for Tricat almost makes it seem like an entity that was solely created as a shell for other purposes.)
Why bring up the fact that he is listed on a law firm's website? What does it matter to our conversation about Tricat has a shell website? Why go through the trouble to find the law firm's website and go to the Tricat website, but not spend 30 seconds more to look any further to find that the information on the law firm website is outdated? At the very least, you accuse him of being unethical in those matters for no good reason. I don't like that. No hyperbole.

lazyboy97o

Why bring up the fact that he is listed on a law firm's website? What does it matter to our conversation about Tricat has a shell website? Why go through the trouble to find the law firm's website and go to the Tricat website, but not spend 30 seconds more to look any further to find that the information on the law firm website is outdated? At the very least, you accuse him of being unethical in those matters for no good reason. I don't like that. No hyperbole.
I think it matters because in this case the website/blog/podcast are no longer a hobby, but an actual business venture from which the owner admits to now deriving his income. Looking into other and past business positions seems natural. And while I think @Kuhio may have raised some interesting thoughts, they are ultimately hurt because his research appears to have been rather brief. Instead of further investigating these questions and how they might be, such as looking into titles used at law firms or Archive.org, he immediately started jumping to questions that implied the worse.

Cosmic Commando

I think it matters because in this case the website/blog/podcast are no longer a hobby, but an actual business venture from which the owner admits to now deriving his income. Looking into other and past business positions seems natural. And while I think @Kuhio may have raised some interesting thoughts, they are ultimately hurt because his research appears to have been rather brief. Instead of further investigating these questions and how they might be, such as looking into titles used at law firms or Archive.org, he immediately started jumping to questions that implied the worse.
And how many people will look things up versus just thinking, "Guess Lou has some shady stuff going on..."? He may or may not, but it wasn't anywhere in that post.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom