WDW Spirited Quickees

flynnibus

Premium Member
That, however, is the very point that was being attempted.

end game vs point made.. I wasn't supporting his end-game (which as I said prior.. was going no where) but his point was valid which was being contested as well.

That's legitimate - but different from the accusations that it is all to up ad revenue, which is the conversation that was being had.

One of those.. correct facts.. possibly wrong motivation :) Why the news page is like this and isn't another format? Is it intentional to keep it that way for the ads? I don't know and honestly have no interest in trying to dissect it. Some things Steve is transparent on, some things he is vague on. My personal opinion is I think it's just a layout and software issue that isn't big enough to address at this point. I just know it's caused me to use the photos here less and less but doesn't hurt me too much so I too have bigger fish to fry rather than cry to the admin :)

There would be two reasons, though the main point is still pageviews and ad revenue. First, that format makes it so every picture can have a name and a specific URL. So when you Google say, "Be Our Guest rose," the picture of the rose inside the restaurant would be more likely to show up high in a search. And thus, increase ads and pageviews. This site should bring in a ton of money with the amount of traffic it gets.

M.rudolf

What does dedication become when it overtakes your livelihood or family?

The condition isn't terminal as long as people come up for air before too long ;)
I don't disagree, but I do when it basically labels everyone that contributes as such. It also could label a lot of people here.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Methinks someone is jealous because the proprietor of this site is making real money off it, while someone else isn't ... oh well, maybe they'll get an invite to the December whorefest, although a little blue (not so little actually) bird told me that some whores have recently been blacklisted. Apparently, complaining about your last free junket before the next may be OK when you have Mongello's leverage, but not some smalltimer based in Central Florida.

Skip

There would be two reasons, though the main point is still pageviews and ad revenue. First, that format makes it so every picture can have a name and a specific URL. So when you Google say, "Be Our Guest rose," the picture of the rose inside the restaurant would be more likely to show up high in a search. And thus, increase ads and pageviews. This site should bring in a ton of money with the amount of traffic it gets.

Okay, I lied, I am going to step into the ring - I've seen this argument used before by a few... very particular people here. My question to you on this point is simply...

So what?

flynnibus

Premium Member
I don't disagree, but I do when it basically labels everyone that contributes as such. It also could label a lot of people here.

What do they say? The first step is admitting you have a problem? :) To each their own.. it's not unique to Disney as a hobby.. every hobby has them. But I don't mean to label everyone that contributes as the obsessive ones.. but you pretty much have to be there if you are gonna do it week in and week out for years at a time. Just hope you can find they can eject handle when necessary :)

Skip

It's cumbersome to look at the pictures unless you want the 10pixel x 10pixel size.

So you attack the site/user base/owner/staff because you disagree with a cosmetic/web layout decision that you freely admit was made to improve ad revenue? I have no idea why that's such an issue. I've never had a problem with it, and I've been on this site for many years. If you don't like it... you're free to leave. There are plenty of other sites out there.

bubbles1812

It's cumbersome to look at the pictures unless you want the 10pixel x 10pixel size.
It's amazing what you are complaining about while you ignore the actual real conversation going on in the thread... but keep on going with your complaints about the pictures. I have yet to see anyone besides you (or well I guess Flynnibus, but I don't count him right now) complain... the horror the horror! of having to click through or reload pictures :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom