WDW Spirited Quickees

Kuhio

The issue is not that you raised general questions, but in the manner in which you raised this questions. I don't even think I'd like Mongello on a personal level, but I think your methodology was flawed.

Honestly, due to the subject matter at issue, I don't think there could have been a different way for me to raise the same questions and not have somebody feel like they were "accusations" or an "attack." Maybe you wouldn't have had an issue with my methodology in that case, but I'd bet the post would still have drawn a negative response or two.

There's not really anything more to say. I think it's clear that my original post simply comprised the thoughts and questions that occurred to me from looking at Mongello's websites. But once someone gets it into his or her head that something is an accusation or an attack, it's pretty much impossible to disabuse them of that notion.

AEfx

It's not so much, and you probably wouldn't.
It isn't in the same class as the major Disney sites.

Well if it takes after it's master, it can't have much class at all. Sorry, but trolling the big boys because you are stamping your feet at being one of the little boys is so desperate and sad. Instead of spending hours trolling here last night he could have channeled his energy into developing content for his own site - which is where he falls into the very trap of the "lifestyle bloggers" he was here to talk about. All about "ME ME ME!" and not "QUALITY QUALITY QUALITY CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT".

It's ironic. But only in the Alanis Morissette kind of way. Dontchyathink?

RSoxNo1

That.
They made Jim Hill stop his tours. Why not stop Mongello?
While they are at it, they need to go ahead and finally put a stop to all the live podcasting and interviewing on property. Real media couldn't get away with it.
Mongello is a licensed Florida travel agent, apparently that's the loophole that's allowing him to do this.

RSoxNo1

Yes, they do. And tell me how most people, even those guests who actually have brains that function, wouldn't think he was a Disney employee? And tell me how that doesn't open up all sorts of potential ethical and legal questions for the company?
I was the cool guy wearing a Radiator Springs Racers "Opening in 2012" shirt that said Walt Disney Imagineering on the side while walking around Carsland. I was approached by someone asking if I worked on the ride. I laughed and told them know. You'd be surprised what conclusions park guests draw on other park guests.

RSoxNo1

Oh, I'm not going there....
I'm not in the mood to get hassled and vilified for daring to name names. I do happen to know someone who is compiling a list of such things, which should make for some interesting reading.

And can someone get me a Hub password? I'm feeling left out...
Add me to the list

AEfx

I really should know better than to try and read through 15 pages that were mostly posted at 3 AM.

I know, it's sort of like getting to the end of a great slasher film and finding out the killer was actually some lame character they reveal in a Scooby Doo ending. Kind of entertaining when it was going on, but in reflection was just a standard drive-by by some punk no one knew to begin with, or will remember once it's over.

awoogala

I could, well no I really couldn't as I am supposed to be getting work done, go back and forth all day.

But really I'm just going to comment on your final comment, which is my 'methodology' ...

Mine is this: Lou Mongello does things that we would get thrown out of Disney Parks and possibly arrested for and never he nor the company answers to why that is. I find that sleezy and smarmy and, frankly, I'd like to see it explained and then stopped. ... He clearly gets special treatment and freebies (such as being flown to Hawaii for a week last year, all expenses paid) and even those around him do (like say having a $200 bar tab disappear by the manager of a resort's bar because someone 'works for Lou' -- yes, I do know this happened for a fact!)

My methodology starts with a very simple premise: if something crawls like a bug and acts like a bug, that it's reasonable to think that it might be Hopper we're dealing with ... and when questions are asked about someone clearly getting special treatment that even credentialed professional journalists don't get and everyone scurries for under the fridge, I've got a pretty damn good idea why.

Now if you'd like to continue to defend Mongello because you feel he's being attacked, not wrongly but in a way that you disagree with, go right ahead.

You do know that even if there's an after-life you won't get credit back for time wasted on Mongello, right?

I am going to add my 2 cents here as well. Last year, he sat next to us at the contemporary quick service while my family attempted to have a nice quiet meal after a long day at the parks (attempting to fend off a meltdown from my youngest and her mercurial blood sugar). Acting like a bunch of boorish frat boys, he and his friends proceeded to do an extremely overly loud "podcast", ruining my dinner and nice time with my family. Others scrambled to eat and leave, since it was disturbing. If it were a bunch of college kids making the amount of noise they were, I am sure a cm would have intervened. I assumed they must have had permission, but I wondered why there was no sign warning us. We felt could not have a conversation at our table, since we have manners, and talking over someone else's recording just feels rude.
I know nothing of the politics or kickbacks, but I seriously almost punched the guy in the nose. :mad:

COProgressFan

Mongello is a licensed Florida travel agent, apparently that's the loophole that's allowing him to do this.

What does that have to do with anything? My aunt is a licensed travel agent too, so does she get to run outrageously priced tours on Disney's property, coax/deceive other guests into interviews for podcasts, or operate her business in the Magic Kingdom?

The explanation that someone is a licensed travel agent has absolutely no bearing on whether someone else can operate their business on Disney property without (or with?) permission.

Captain Neo

Spirit when is Disney going to announce the Iron Man e-ticket for California? I just saw the Iron Man 3 trailer and im getting anxious. Disney needs to get on dat stat!

nytimez

I didn't think it was that hard to understand. Seems like the person who started this topic had nothing but negative things to say about WDW. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I just don't "get" what this whole thread is about, without reading 51 pages of what is likely Disney-bashing. If I'm wrong, sorry.

So you joined the discussion to say you don't want to have this discussion?

wsmith1978

So you joined the discussion to say you don't want to have this discussion?

thumbs-up.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom