WDW Spirited Quickees

WDW1974

Original Poster
It's almost 3am, and I'm having so much fun reading this thread!

Ain't it a hoot?

amazing what some people will do for a little attention ... me, I just hang out at parties with one percenters, walk red carpets with Emmy winners and visit all the Disney parks in the world for fun.

Others ... well, will a lifestyle site keep BoA from foreclosing? Will it result in longer erections? Will it lead to job offers from Celebration Place? ... Only some know ...

Now, when are we gonna see you around more often here?!?!?

M.rudolf

Again - it wasn't about being false or not - its the fact the topic does come up and is a 'popular' opinion. The troll's post was in effect 'you rely on them too, even here'. Its true, if you want to be a breaking news site (like WDWMagic is) you need people who can be in the park any day of the week, covering minuta week after week. People were saying you don't see that type of classification going on here. Your name came up just because it was an easy reference that there should be plenty of posts to illustrate with :) I don't disagree with most of the descriptions - but I'm also not in denial that they exist and are used.

Sure, you can be a site like BlueSkyDisney, AllEars, reimagineering, etc and lots of other types of content that are about Disney without being a 'daily source of news' - but that's what sites like WDWMagic and others have hung their hat on being.. cutting edge news and info backed with supporting info. You can't be on top of that without minions willing to operate on those obsessive levels.

I don't disagree.. but I don't think you'll find anything from me in this thread stating otherwise either :)
You really don't get it the site relies on us for a lot of info, honestly no offense to anyone but what news has wdwmagic broken lately. You don't have to be obsessive,nor compulsive any one of those sites could break news just as fast. We live in the age of information all it takes is loose lips and a cellphone

Kuhio

If you think just because he doesn't post here, he is somehow now someone not worthy of the same respect and now fair game.. then you are far less the man than I gave you credit for.
Playing the "far less the man than I gave you credit for" card? Not only desperate and disingenuous, but transparently so.

You've never responded to anything I've posted with anything approximating approval or agreement, so it's not as though my comments in this thread have suddenly caused you to lose some degree of respect you previously had.
And since you've never given me credit for anything I've posted, let alone credit for being a man (whatever that's supposed to mean), your comment is even more obviously an ad hominem (ironically, Latin for "to the man") remark, rather than an honest expression of disappointment.

But I do appreciate the fact that you made that comment, because it's helped give me a very clear idea of precisely what kind of person you are.
If you wouldn't say it to someone's face - you shouldn't post it.
It's also ironic that you say this, because there's no way you would say to my face what you just posted about me.

And if, by some chance, you really would go up to someone you'd never met and say to his face that he's "far less the man than I gave you credit for" -- based solely on the sorts of comments I made in this thread -- well, that too would speak volumes about you.
Any wrongdoing, major or minor, seems to result solely from your imagination and a misunderstanding of his LinkedIn profile.

I'm not really sure what LinkedIn profile you're talking about, as I've never seen such a profile, nor mentioned it. The only things I've looked at -- and discussed in this thread-- are the WDWRadio site, the law firm site, and the Tricat site. I have no idea what Mongello's LinkedIn says.

But obviously you're sufficiently worked up that little details like that don't matter.

And since it's also obvious that you've begun ignoring the actual substance of what I'm saying, and are reading any response from me as further evidence of widespread accusations and "damning" insinuations of underhanded behavior, the fruitfulness of this particular conversation clearly is also at an end.

You really don't get it the site relies on us for a lot of info, honestly no offense to anyone but what news has wdwmagic broken lately. You don't have to be obsessive,nor compulsive any one of those sites could break news just as fast. We live in the age of information all it takes is loose lips and a cellphone

Of the recent updates, which were sourced from "you (plural)?" Links would be helpful.

WDW1974

Original Poster
You are confused - this discussion would be the same no matter who it is. I'm not defending Lou M.

I would hope not. I'd love to see him join and do his own personal PR (of course, he knows he wouldn't last a day).

Their actions are fair game - but that was never in question. The point is don't say something to someone you wouldn't say to their face, and don't tread into defamation especially when you admit you don't know anything about the topic.

I'll just say I know a fair bit (more than I'd like) about the subject of defamation and no one here came close to that. People can claim anything. There was one online lifestyler who reported me to the authorities as a stalker because I dared comment on her online posts on message boards (and I knew about her sordid past) while she'd call my number in California and hang up. These folks are largely nuts and in some cases, flat out evil. That they proclaim to love Disney for its pureness and family values is beyond laughable when most can't even stay in one stable monogamous relationship.

No one is being defamed.

AEfx

Ummmm yeah, probably not 10mb. For example, this one:

http://cdn.wdwmagic.com/imgstore/El...llsize/Be-Our-Guest-Restaurant_Full_17354.jpg

is 388kb full size. Unless there is a super secret full size version I'm unaware of. I would guess the bandwidth bill is around $200/month. A site with this much traffic easily makes that I would think daily. As far as Steve's last name, it took me five seconds to look up his last name and address on Google and then another 15 seconds to be looking directly at his house on Google Maps.

Well you told me!

And now, you've come across as super-creepy, almost stalker-ish.

That said, you obviously aren't who I thought you were - I degrade my opinion, now I'm convinced you are just a kid trying to play ball. Because the "lifestyle blogger" I was thinking of wouldn't have such a lack of reading comprehension so as to miss the point entirely:

Steves name is not a secret. But I have been here ten years, and I have no idea. He doesn't plaster it around, he doesn't promote it. I didn't say no one knew it, I said it's just not blaring at you in big letters in some effort to make it a 'brand' like virtually every other site's wannabe-"star" does.

You miss (or choose not to understand, in either case, it's on you) the whole picture. But I'll be a nice guy and assume you aren't totally a troll and you actually believe some of what you are saying, and explain it to you very simply:

Most other Disney "lifestyle bloggers" and sites are built around cults of personalities, and generally have a figure who's central reason for doing it all is to be "famous" among Disney geeks (though more likely than not usually end up infamous once the shine wears off), to make money shilling books they are forced to self-publish, sell other products/services either of their own (which at least is entrepreneurial) or someone else's (to get free swag or other consideration), or to get free stuff for Disney. What do all those themes have in common? They end up being about self-promotion above all else. (Though I do have to say I quite enjoy MousePlanet, though I don't use their boards they are the only Disney site that regularly posts great content that isn't available here or elsewhere first, and also do great service with their weekly updates which are indispensable. They are a rare exception.)

This site always has the best pictures, the best videos, and even you admit - often have them first. Oh, such a crime! A crime to be so good at something, because of team work and the fact that they have built up such a stellar reputation, and keep themselves out of the mud slinging (note: Steve hasn't said a word, and I doubt he will say many if he does at all - he has no interest in inter-site politics) that the most knowledgeable and consistently reliable people people outside (and some inside) the Disney company come to discuss and share information about the topic we are all here for.

Frankly, I thank you for allowing us to stand up and say these things, and give credit where it is due. I always like to congratulate those most who do not congratulate themselves - so cheers to Steve (whatever your last name is, LOL), for bringing me ten years of this great site and the most current Disney information available with the most knowledgeable, interesting, and yes, occasionally cantankerous (Pumbas, I speak to you, my love, LOL) group of people who have the most fascinating discussions about this love of Disney Parks we share. I am not Pro-Disney, I am not Anti-Disney, I just call it like it is - and my little reputation as just an average contributing member to the forum shows that I simply tend to call it like it is. And I don't tend to gush. But here, it's all that's appropriate - unless you want to dredge through high signal to noise ratio that most other Disney sites tend to be. I stopped that nonsense long ago.

Since I call it like it is and you seem to be very desperate for attention, I'll say as for you, "Josh", you seem very frost-bitten for whatever reason, even though you admit you utilize this site quite a bit. I'm not sure what your point was besides that, and as you aren't even making any points just nitpicking and stalking and such, I'll bid you adieu. Again, though, I do thank you for allowing us to show our appreciation for this site and put down in writing what makes it what it is.

flynnibus

Premium Member

And unless you have feet on the ground.. all you have is text. Photos and videos 'sell' and that requires people able and willing to get that stuff same day.. often within hours. That takes extreme compulsion... or helpers. WDWMagic does great with pulling it's news items from many sources.. from both public and private things. Not only does he get the info, but he gets it posted quickly. Its very impressive actually.

AEfx

I don't question at all the lack of impartiality on lots of sites in the Disney 'sphere. But that wasn't what I was jumping into.

That, however, is the very point that was being attempted.

I think he is referring to the gallery format used on the news pages. Clicking on the next photo requires the entire page to redraw instead of just loading the image itself. I find it annoying myself because on my monitor's resolution, I can't see the entire photo at once.. I need to scroll down. Then clicking on a thumbnail to load the next photo causes the page to redraw.. and moves my scroll back up. So moving photo to photo is click, scroll down, then repeat over and over. It's very annoying compared to other gallery options out there.

That's legitimate - but different from the accusations that it is all to up ad revenue, which is the conversation that was being had.

M.rudolf

And unless you have feet on the ground.. all you have is text. Photos and videos 'sell' and that requires people able and willing to get that stuff same day.. often within hours. That takes extreme compulsion... or helpers. WDWMagic does great with pulling it's news items from many sources.. from both public and private things. Not only does he get the info, but he gets it posted quickly. Its very impressive actually.
Flynn you are a trip. Maybe compulsion is a bad word how about dedication

AEfx

Anyone can technically do what Martin does...it's not against the rules to film in the parks or on the rides. They are fan made and free. You are lashing out because everyone has punched many a hole in your arguments. He does makes better quality videos than virtually any I've seen on the net though. Yay Martin! :)

EDIT: Also, to echo what Martin said below... he doesn't get any perks. So no he is not a Disney lifestyler/blogger as that would appear to be the direction you want to go.

No one makes videos like Martin, period.

He has preserved and cataloged and exhaustively, lovingly captured attractions and stories that would be lost and unavailable if not for his tireless work. I would be lying if I hadn't said that a video of his hasn't brought a tear to my eye before, and I know that countless thousands and thousands have gotten to re-live, or live for the first time, amazing Disney experiences that are lost to time otherwise.

Wow, even I am weirded-out by how positive this whole situation has made me feel - it's not often we get to tell each other how we feel about one another. ;-)

GROUP HUG!!!

flynnibus

Premium Member
Playing the "far less the man than I gave you credit for" card? Not only desperate and disingenuous, but transparently so.

You've never responded to anything I've posted with anything approximating approval or agreement, so it's not as though my comments in this thread have suddenly caused you to lose some degree of respect you previously had.

And since you've never given me credit for anything I've posted, let alone credit for being a man (whatever that's supposed to mean), your comment is even more obviously an ad hominem (ironically, Latin for "to the man") remark, rather than an honest expression of disappointment.

I'm sorry.. did I not fluff you enough in the past? Do you need positive confirmation to feel liked or something? I treat everyone with respect and give them fairly unless they've done something to deserve something less. Sorry I didn't give you high fives enough before tonight so you could feel confident I thought more of you :rolleyes:

But I do appreciate the fact that you made that comment, because it's helped give me a very clear idea of precisely what kind of person you are.
It's also ironic that you say this, because there's no way you would say to my face what you just posted about me.

I would - and you can ask people online that I have met in person. I've been in online communities for nearly 30 years and have met and maintained relationships with both 'friend and foe' both local and distant. What you see is what you get - it is transparent. If you want me to coddle someone just to protect them from themselves.. you've come to the wrong place.

bubbles1812

Please sir, limit your responses to three sentences.
Wow. He basically summarized in easy black and white what everyone has been telling you tonight...none of his post was hard to understand if you have basic reading comprehension skills. And you dismissed it all with a flippant comment that will insure that 1) No one takes you seriously whatsoever 2) Proves you know pretty much nothing 3) Can't defend yourself against a well thought out argument and 4) Still absolutely that no one is going to take you seriously. You aren't JT by another name are you?

Skip

This has been a blast. I'm not really in the mood to step into the ring (especially not at 3 AM), but please, carry on.

Notfrosty, you're a hoot.

M.rudolf

Wow. He basically summarized in easy black and white what everyone has been telling you tonight...none of his post was hard to understand if you have basic reading comprehension skills. And you dismissed it all with a flippant comment that will insure that 1) No one takes you seriously whatsoever 2) Proves you know pretty much nothing 3) Can't defend yourself against a well thought out argument and 4) Still that no one is going to take you seriously. You aren't JT by another name are you?
Bubbles don't worry the big bad man just wants to promote his itty bitty bloggie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom