WDW Spirited Quickees

alphac2005

Sid's was open briefly during the earlier part of the day on Tuesday but not for long. I have ripped a certain kid for even fathoming its fate ever since The Day when it was discussed.

It was HIGH. You could see them all over the venue at Am Adv during the little "Derrppp err herp" talk that was given. I, someone who knows little to nothing on bloggers, was picking them out of the crowd.

I used to be a part of the free, independent media covering the entertainment industry in the early 90s. With all due respect to the vast majority of bloggers, ahem, they aren't journalists, rather fans that now get a lot (well, some of them) of people to read or listen to them about their hobby, and Disney uses these tools as a free advertisement for their products, which we all know. What does irritate me is that these bloggers think that they are journalists. It's insulting to anyone who ever has been such. If they were independent and didn't tow the company line while using objectivity, it would be a whole other matter. So sorry to rant, but ugh, whenever I hear about Disney kissing the bloggers' behind, ackkk!

Viget

So I take it that the personnel changes at the top are for the better? Is there anyone in Burbank who actually wants to champion WDW? Or do they still just see it as a real estate deal?

Clever Name

And I'd still be asleep but the wonders who run my hotel saw no issue in having carpeting installed directly above me with hammering begginning at 8 a.m. because no one ever sleeps in on VACATION!
That's what you get when you stay at one of those cheap offsite hotels. You should have stayed at one of those cheap onsite motels such as the Holiday Inn.

Bolna

Why are parts of the MK sinking and where to? Into the swampland? That does not sound good, but certainly does not have anything to do with maintenance. I could not see how they could prevent that by regularly repainting and cleaning. It is more an issue of the foundations.

Also, if the people who operate the park on a regular basis are not happy about the little project Mr MacPhee has brought them, wouldn't that be a sign of caution before we celebrate that he might replace Mr Weiss? It might be that he is not good at listening to the operational needs of the park...

Clever Name

Why are parts of the MK sinking and where to? Into the swampland? That does not sound good, but certainly does not have anything to do with maintenance. I could not see how they could prevent that by regularly repainting and cleaning. It is more an issue of the foundations.
Bingo you win! The karst geologic terrain in central Florida makes the land very challenging for building structures that require large and/or deep foundations. The disco Yeti is a perfect example of what can happen. They still don't know the extent of the problem until such time as they are able to excavate the foundation to determine repair options. Far better to sit on the problem for now. The region is famous for its sinkholes.

lazyboy97o

Also, if the people who operate the park on a regular basis are not happy about the little project Mr MacPhee has brought them, wouldn't that be a sign of caution before we celebrate that he might replace Mr Weiss? It might be that he is not good at listening to the operational needs of the park...
This is exactly what I was about to say. McPhee gets love for the Wand coming down and the thrown together events for the 25th at EPCOT Center, but what else? His other, much bigger project is the NextGen initiative, meaning he would be far more inclined to keep it around as is regardless of its success.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
More again ...

Worst use of money for food: samples of almost anything at Food and WIne Fest.

Remind me to tell you how much I bought/drank for how little with doing a lap to analyze pricing first (yes I know it shouldn't require that). Your tequila bar is where a certain world traveler and I used a Tweeter catch phrase to get a deal as well!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom