WDW Spirited Quickees

M.rudolf

That Blue Sky idea of the third DL park being a Disney Marval Park is the coolest idea ever and I am so 100% in support of this! It would be amazing! I hope the attraction does extremely well and can't wait for the official announcement! Does anyone know any kind of fine frame for this to happen?
5/10 minimum more than likely 10

ChrisM

Why base an attraction on Ironman? He's among the weakest superheros. Even with his power to evolve and change, he's still a poor excuse for a real superhero. The Underminer could whip Ironman.

I think what you meant to say is "Iron Man is, and always has been, pretty much the most bad superhero of all time. He's not just a modern take on an armored knight, but a billionaire genius and an exactly what every red blooded American boy should aspire to be. Especially the boozing womanizer part."

When I was a wee lad it was clear to me from the beginning that Tony Stark was everything Bruce Wayne wished he could be.

M.rudolf

I think what you meant to say is "Iron Man is, and always has been, pretty much the most bad superhero of all time. He's not just a modern take on an armored knight, but a billionaire genius and an exactly what every red blooded American boy should aspire to be. Especially the boozing womanizer part."

When I was a wee lad it was clear to me from the beginning that Tony Stark was everything Bruce Wayne wished he could be.
Dead on except for the bruce Wayne part

SirLink

Wouldn't Oliver Queen be more accurate DC counterpoint to compare Stark to than Bruce Wayne. ;)

Scuttle

Such a shame. Bring it to the Magic Kingdom Dangit! We're already going to lose out on yet another E-ticket that Disneyland is getting in the Stark Expo...we deserve something to help fix Tomorrowland at MK!

I think it's safe to say the MK might not get a true E-Ticket for many years. If they don't build a true E-Ticket by the 2021 50th then we might not see it ever.

BlueSkyDriveBy

It is not for the new park. As Lee said as well, the anchor of that section of the new park is Tron.
Yes, it is now. But way back when this park was originally conceived, that section was going to be Stark Expo. That's where the concept art came from. Stark Expo was developed originally for Shanghai, not Anaheim. Only later was it changed from IM to TRON.

BlueSkyDriveBy

Shanghai was originally slated to get the Stark Expo/IM attraction. Anaheim was slated to get TRON. But now, they've been swapped. Shanghai will get TRON while Anaheim will get Stark Expo/IM.

I'm guessing it has something to do with how well TRON did in China at the box office compared to IM2:

TRON:Legacy earned over $18 million in China

Iron Man 2 earned less than $8 million in China

That seems like a pretty good reason to go with a TRON-based attraction instead of IM for the Shanghai park.

M.rudolf

Shanghai was originally slated to get the Stark Expo/IM attraction. Anaheim was slated to get TRON. But now, they've been swapped. Shanghai will get TRON while Anaheim will get Stark Expo/IM.

I'm guessing it has something to do with how well TRON did in China at the box office compared to IM2:

TRON:Legacy earned over $18 million in China

Iron Man 2 earned less than $8 million in China

That seems like a pretty good reason to go with a TRON-based attraction instead of IM for the Shanghai park.
IM2 also wasn't on as many screens, IM3 which is partially being filmed in China will do much better due to the fact it's on 75% more screens.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Are we talking an actual green light for the project?

When will groundbreaking begin?

What exactly is Stark Expo, besides the high tech queue that Shanghai was going to get in front of their thrill ride?

Is DL getting the cancelled TL project from Shanghai?

IronMan was apparently approved months ago. Georgie K said it to Steve Davison and his entourage and well, I happen to know someone in said entourage.

As far as I know, soon after the holidays construction work (or prep work) will begin. Most of the infrastructure in said area will go bye-bye ... a lot may go if 'other' projects wind up being approved as well.

WDW1974

Original Poster
News to me. I haven't heard of this attraction being planned for Shanghai. Tron was the only E fully developed for over there that I know of.

No, there was talk about it for Shanghai briefly ... and even HKDL as well at some point. I don't know how much was simply talk as Tron was decided pretty early as the signature E-Ticket of T-land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom